PDA

View Full Version : Spurs In Trouble

CenTexDave
June 5th, 2012, 6:16 AM
After losing 2 at Oklahoma City, this team has fallen apart and lost at home last night.
Game 6 is in Oklahoma City, and it may be the end of the line this year. And maybe for years to come. They are starting to show their age.

mac
June 5th, 2012, 11:46 AM
uh ohlllll..............lookin' bad.........also startin' to look like my tickets are gona be worth spit......mac

xzochye
June 5th, 2012, 11:59 AM
After losing 2 at Oklahoma City, this team has fallen apart and lost at home last night.
Game 6 is in Oklahoma City, and it may be the end of the line this year. And maybe for years to come. They are starting to show their age.

Duncan said in an interview the other day that he expects to play for another 2-3 years. If they lose tomorrow I am not sure if he will still feel the same way.

I have to hand it to the Thunder though. For being a new team they pulled their act together quickly and their talent shows.

I'm just glad the spurs are not losing to the girls in Dallas!

mac
June 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
well........can't really find anything to object to in this note......like you, i'm sure glad they took out the mavs and like you, i even have to admire OKC if they pull this thing off.....i don't have to like 'em, but i guess i gotta admire 'em. got awful mad at 'em, last night, though. well, i still have my celtics......maybe........obviouisly if this comes down to the heat or okc, i gotta go with the okc......mac

Duncan said in an interview the other day that he expects to play for another 2-3 years. If they lose tomorrow I am not sure if he will still feel the same way.

I have to hand it to the Thunder though. For being a new team they pulled their act together quickly and their talent shows.

CenTexDave
June 5th, 2012, 12:44 PM

"New team". That's the old Seattle Supersonics. They won a couple NBA Championships up there. But the thing is fans are fickle. Win now, or attendance goes to hell and the owners will want to move.
Duncan is really showing his age. If he sticks around for 2 or 3 more years I'll be surprised.
Just so the Heat don't win it all!!!!!!!!!!! :)

gnatsum
June 5th, 2012, 7:06 PM
I agree. OKC over the Heat!
Gotta admit though...having the NBA champs be a team based out of....Oklahoma...hmmm....
Well, the Okies gotta have SOMETHING to do...it's not football season yet! :))

xzochye
June 6th, 2012, 8:06 PM
Tonight's the night! Go Spurs!

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM
They have blown a 15 point halftime lead. They deserve to lose.

xzochye
June 6th, 2012, 10:13 PM
They have blown a 15 point halftime lead. They deserve to lose.

NOOOOOOO!

However, I was worried that they were going to wear themselves out before the game was over and that looks like it may be the case. They are getting angry and that isn't working well for them. Lot's of fouls. If they insist on fouling they need to take Hardin out of the game.

xzochye
June 6th, 2012, 10:14 PM
That is 5 points now that they have taken away from the Spurs. boooo

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Can't believe they missed 5 shots in a row there in the final minute.
OKC is an up and coming young team. The Spurs are old and it showed in this series. And I don't feel sorry for Tim Duncan. He's had a helluva career and a few rings.
OKC all the way, baby!!

xzochye
June 6th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Can't believe they missed 5 shots in a row there in the final minute.
OKC is an up and coming young team. The Spurs are old and it showed in this series. And I don't feel sorry for Tim Duncan. He's had a helluva career and a few rings.
OKC all the way, baby!!

You could tell that they totally gave up. Now I must go get a beer and drink away my sorrows....:crying

mac
June 7th, 2012, 4:37 PM
well........i still got my celtics.......for a while......mac

CenTexDave
June 7th, 2012, 9:38 PM
Looks like a game 7, Mac. Anything can happen in those.
LeBron is putting on a clinic tonight.