PDA

View Full Version : Pet Burial Service

Ludwig
May 23rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
Poised as ever on the cutting edge of the P.C. and theologically dubious, the Episcopal Church-U.S.A. adopted a Burial Service for pet animals. See: http://www.kingofpeace.org/resources/petfuneralliturgy.htm

Now isn't that just special?! Makes a thrill run up and down my legs. First with female priestesses, then LGBT Bishops, and now liturgies for critters; what an awesome church!

They also have services at the death of wild animals and farm animals. I claim Catholic dubs on the farm animal service though. The Catholics have had that for centuries; it's called a meal, and it has a special prayer, "Bless us O Lord and these thy gifts...". Like a pastor said, there's plenty of room for all of God’s creatures… next to the mashed potatoes.” To which another replied, “Don’t forget the gravy.”

sojourner truth
May 23rd, 2012, 1:02 PM
There are better local alternatives. Aztec pet center has an affiliation with a service that will come pick up your pet, cremate them, put the remains in a cedar box with authentication documents concerning the contents, and a nice card. You can do with the ashes as you please. It cost us $125 for our dog. Somehow, barbecuing her and tossing in a few sides just didn't feel right, if ya know what I mean?

Ludwig
May 23rd, 2012, 1:09 PM
Yea... I do enjoy a good dish of kaegogi now and then but I get your drift. Actually, I bury my dead pets in the yard without ceremony now that I had a complaint from the trash service people about dead animals in the can. I was, however, speaking of farm animals being served with mashed potatoes and gravy.:)

CenTexDave
May 23rd, 2012, 1:14 PM
I have a good alternative also - the woods behind my house.

Night Owl
May 23rd, 2012, 1:28 PM
There are better local alternatives. Aztec pet center has an affiliation with a service that will come pick up your pet, cremate them, put the remains in a cedar box with authentication documents concerning the contents, and a nice card. You can do with the ashes as you please. It cost us $125 for our dog. Somehow, barbecuing her and tossing in a few sides just didn't feel right, if ya know what I mean?

Most vets in the area use one of two services available for pets. Cost for my two Shelties was around the $125 each. When the granddaughter gets out of school this summer we will bury the boxes in the backyard.

sojourner truth
May 23rd, 2012, 2:40 PM
We had a small ceremony on the spot where I found her, and scattered the ashes...Dust to dust so to speak. My wife and daughter appreciated it. After all, they couldn't bring themselves to participate in the euthanization process and the cremation part. I suppose that's why they keep us men around.

Ludwig
May 23rd, 2012, 2:52 PM
At $125 a pop, I should get into the business! I can sell you a box of ashes for a lot less than that.