PDA

View Full Version : Kennels for birds?

cricket
May 18th, 2012, 10:37 PM
My husband gave me a green-cheek conure for Christmas. Shortly after, he developed itchy bumps and lesions all over his body. His doctor initially diagnosed and treated it as a problem related to my spouse's diabetes. That didn't help; just this week, they re-diagnosed it as an allergy. The only change at the time the problem began was the introduction of Emerson, our bird, to our home. We don't want to re-home our bird if it's not necessary, but I don't know of a bird kennel where we can house him for a couple of weeks to see if there's any change in my husband's condition. I'd appreciate any helpful suggestions.

CenTexDave
May 18th, 2012, 10:49 PM
20 minutes per pound at 325 degrees

sojourner truth
May 19th, 2012, 8:22 AM
Dave, you are impossible...Go back to bed... When I was a kid, my neighbor had a problem with bird allergies, but loved the little critters. She built an aviary in the back yard away from the house. A simple construction of plywood frame and chicken wire for sides. Inside feeders and water bowls. Her kids and husband fed and watered them and she could come out and see her "babies" every day without getting close enough to inflame her allergies.