PDA

View Full Version : Restasis Eye Drops

Scarlett
May 1st, 2009, 9:34 PM
I got my doctor to prescribe me the drops that I keep seeing commercials for. Ya know, the miracle drops for chronic dry eyes. My eyes have been SO dry lately that they ache.
Anyhow, he asked me if my insurance covered drugs. I said, "Well, yes, with a small co-pay." He said, "Good, I would not prescribe these to anyone that does not have insurance."
I picked them up today. They come in little daily vials. One vial for morning, one for evening. So a month's supply has 60 vials.
Cost? My co-pay was $9.00
The insurance paid.....
$249.00
For a ONE MONTH supply.

Good news...they work.

Night Owl
May 1st, 2009, 9:38 PM
Highway Robbery!!!!

christine
May 2nd, 2009, 3:21 PM
Drug companies and insurance are the biggest rip off's ever!
I know this post is about eye drops, but resently I had to pay $204.87 for a sonogram of my baby. The insurance doesn't cover it until I hit the $2000.00 deductible! WTF! Why do we have insurance if it doesn't cover most of the cost?

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2009, 4:11 PM
Wow. A $2k deductible is very high. But I assume this is an employer provided health insurance plan and to keep costs down that is what they chose.

christine
May 2nd, 2009, 6:18 PM
Wow. A $2k deductible is very high. But I assume this is an employer provided health insurance plan and to keep costs down that is what they chose.

yep it sure is. I do pay less per month but I still feel cheated considering I hardly ever use my insurance...never really need to see a doctor & not on any kind of meds.

Night Owl
May 2nd, 2009, 8:21 PM
You are just learning the cost of a new baby if this is your first. If it isn't you should know they cost a lot.

Scarlett
May 2nd, 2009, 9:53 PM
Quit your job, go on welfare. Then it is free...you can get a medical card and have no deductible. Don't get a job until your kid is in school though, cause then you will qualify for free daycare until the KISD childcare kicks in.

CenTexDave
May 2nd, 2009, 11:33 PM
Yep, The Savior's new medical plan is what you need.

kryptickancer
May 3rd, 2009, 2:47 AM
:offtopic :offtopic :offtopic

I would like to add that my "welfare care" in NC, when I was preggers with baby #2 was exceptional compared to military care at Darnell. I sure wish I was back in NC.

christine
May 3rd, 2009, 11:09 AM
Don’t get me started on our health care system.
It pisses me off! Here I am a healthy hardworking person in the USA & yet when I didn't have coverage (when I 1st found out about my pregnancy) I made $6 more than what they allowed for medicade. I pay my taxes so some deadbeat can bleed the system. But when I need it I can’t get s***!

Night Owl
May 3rd, 2009, 10:47 PM
:offtopic :offtopic :offtopic

I would like to add that my "welfare care" in NC, when I was preggers with baby #2 was exceptional compared to military care at Darnell. I sure wish I was back in NC.

MOVE back