PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Tonight

CenTexDave
April 26th, 2012, 10:45 AM
At approximately 7:15PM this evening, Robert Griffin III will become the richest man from Copperas Cove. :))

kantwin
April 26th, 2012, 1:11 PM
And finally the speculation will end.

Night Owl
April 26th, 2012, 4:20 PM
RGII is going from a hero to a goat in 15 minutes.:))

cnjbond
April 26th, 2012, 4:42 PM
Why, what did his dad do wrong?!!! LOL

cnjbond
April 26th, 2012, 7:43 PM
Jerry is an idiot!!! Why in the world would you trade up to get a corner when you have one of the worst Safety tandems in the league?!!!

Night Owl
April 27th, 2012, 7:06 AM
Because their corners are worse than their safeties.:)

CenTexDave
April 27th, 2012, 9:15 AM
They got their man, so what will the excuse be this year when the defense is run all over the field?

cnjbond
April 27th, 2012, 9:23 AM
Because their corners are worse than their safeties.:)
The corners are pretty bad but they just spent $50M on a corner plus Jenkins isn't THAT bad, they just signed Scandrick to a new contract. Safety was definitely more of a need than corner...I hope I'm wrong.

Night Owl
April 27th, 2012, 9:24 AM
He's a rookie but wait until next year.:))

jimbob
April 27th, 2012, 9:38 AM

Night Owl, what did his dad do?

Night Owl
April 27th, 2012, 9:53 AM
Rasied a fine, outstanding young gentleman. Why the question?

CenTexDave
April 27th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Ref to RGIII is from local hero to the Redskins!!!! A fate worse than death. :))

CenTexDave
April 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Ever wonder why some teams can stockpile draft picks and never seem to improve?
I give you the Cleveland Browns. The Browns had two first round picks this, plus many more in the 2nd through seventh rounds - a total of 11. They had the 4th overall pick. Minnesota had the third pick. So they trade up with Minnesota from fourth to third and in addition give the Vikings three additional picks from this year's draft - their second, third and fourth round picks.
The Vikings had already made it perfectly clear they did not want who the Browns were going after - Alabama RB Trent Richardson, but Tampa started inquiring and the Browns were scared Tampa Bay would trade up with Minnesota.
So the Browns got their man, plus selected the old man, Brando Weed, QB from OSU with their other first round pick. Now they have a good RB, but a joke at QB with Colt McCoy or an old man (Weed who will be 29 before the season starts) who is a rookie.
The Vikings get to stockpile the picks this year. And St. Louis sure benefited from the RGIII trade up by Washington.
People back in Cleveland hate Art Modell, the former owner who took the team to Baltimore to become the Ravens, but when Modell owned them at least they were usually good and competitive. And remember, the Ravens won a Super Bowl with a roster filled with the former Cleveland Browns.

cnjbond
April 27th, 2012, 1:09 PM
This could be interesting, Dallas RUMORED to be in the market to trade Jenkins to get back the 2nd rounder they traded:

cowboys_trying_to_get_a_2nd_round_pick (http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/cowboys_trying_to_get_a_2nd_round_pick/10660502)

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2012, 7:40 AM
Jerry Jones continues his mind boggling ways.

cnjbond
April 28th, 2012, 1:43 PM
Well, at least they picked up a safety. The kid has good size, I just hope he pans out...

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2012, 6:59 PM
And another TE!!!!!!!!!! Good Lord, how many TE's does this team need??? Did Witten retire?? :))

cnjbond
April 28th, 2012, 8:01 PM
And another TE!!!!!!!!!! Good Lord, how many TE's does this team need??? Did Witten retire?? :))

Actually Witten is on his last legs...2-3 more good years at the most. Martellus Bennet was a bust so I think they need to try and begin finding Wittens replacement. I was fairly pleased with the rest of the draft picks, they still ended up with a decent safety, a so so pass rusher, and hopefully their version of Wes Welker.

CenTexDave
April 28th, 2012, 8:45 PM
Witten has slowed down so much I could outrun him. :))