PDA

View Full Version : Something New to Test

Rick
April 29th, 2009, 9:15 PM
Yesterday and today, some of you may have seen that some images weren't loading correctly. Well that was due to me having to change some addressing code since there was a slight problem with something I have been playing with.

I have installed a Portal Page (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/portal.php) that I eventually want to use as the main page. There are still some things that I am not 100% happy with and I am still testing/working on it before we decide if we will go with it or not.

So give it a try, and see how you like it, or if you would like it.

The biggest problem I had was with the logon, it wouldn't take it, but I have found the fix and tested it a lot and it seems to be working fine now.

Let me know what you think of it.

stormy
April 29th, 2009, 9:41 PM
Wow. That's different. As with anything, I'll have to get used to it. I'm a change hater, but then when I get used to it, I'll probably love it. :)

Rick
April 29th, 2009, 9:46 PM
It isn't for sure that we will go to it. Scarlett hasn't looked at it ina while. I like it, (I have used it for a while on my other forum) but I can access it the way it is, so it doesn't have to be the front page. It can be an alternate for those who like it.

Did it sign you in automatically since you came from this page and were already logged in?

stormy
April 29th, 2009, 9:48 PM
Yep. Was like a personalized page.

Rick
April 29th, 2009, 9:51 PM
Good, if you look at the weather module, it has a link to take you to add your zip code. Then it will always show your weather.

stormy
April 29th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Didn't even see that! That page was almost like a user control panel page, with more options. ;)

Night Owl
April 30th, 2009, 8:10 AM
I like the new portal page. Go for it. Only suggestion I would have is get rid of all the liberal news sites and leave FOXNews up. :)

Rick
April 30th, 2009, 8:28 AM
Ya, that is the only one I click on.

If you like using it, bookmark it and go for it. I learned that it doesn't show up well on Macs with safari, and I know that a lot of our users use that because of the KISD laptops, so I will probably not make everyone go through it to get to the forums.

Thanks for the input.

CenTexDave
April 30th, 2009, 8:29 AM
I like it. But it would be neat if we had a choice.

Night Owl
April 30th, 2009, 8:32 AM
Flippin' liberal, always wanting a choice!!!!:)):))

Rick
April 30th, 2009, 8:39 AM
You have a choice, click on the link in the upper left that says Forum.

The center column shows the 25 Recent Threads. I can change that and like I said, I will add modules when I find soemthing interesting.

MyFoot76541
April 30th, 2009, 10:30 AM
Who needs a choice! All that leads to is that people can't make up their dagummed minds.

Rick
April 30th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Keep in mind, this is the Admin announcement section. MY (um...I mean Scarlett's) Admin section. Discussions about the lesser important administration in Washington should be held elsewhere.

RalphCossey
April 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Yesterday and today, some of you may have seen that some images weren't loading correctly. Well that was due to me having to change some addressing code since there was a slight problem with something I have been playing with.

I have installed a Portal Page (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/portal.php) that I eventually want to use as the main page. There are still some things that I am not 100% happy with and I am still testing/working on it before we decide if we will go with it or not.

So give it a try, and see how you like it, or if you would like it.

The biggest problem I had was with the logon, it wouldn't take it, but I have found the fix and tested it a lot and it seems to be working fine now.

Let me know what you think of it.

Rick-

I also noticed that when I changed my signature, it backported the new signature to all my previous posts.

I do not recall that happening before?

-Ralph

Scarlett
April 30th, 2009, 2:41 PM
That has always happened Mr. Cossey. Anytime you change a signature, it changes it on ALL PREVIOUS posts.

Rick
April 30th, 2009, 2:53 PM
Yep, she is right. Thank God the signatures are not stored in the databases along with the messages.

olderthandirt
May 1st, 2009, 6:08 AM
Yep, she is right.

Don'tcha just love it when we hear those words?!? (sorry -- off topic!)

Rick
May 1st, 2009, 8:32 AM
I have been married (to the same lady) for 27 years, that doesn't happen by accident ya know.:bluerofl

Scarlett
May 1st, 2009, 8:35 AM
Disclaimer: THAT lady is not ME..haha.
(I get people all the time thinking Rick is my soon to be ex..haha.)

Night Owl
May 1st, 2009, 8:36 AM
He's NOT!!!! :)):)):))

Rick
May 1st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Disclaimer: THAT lady is not ME..haha.
(I get people all the time thinking Rick is my soon to be ex..haha.)
Gee, is it that bad that you had to post a disclaimer?

I thought I did that when I said that I was married to a lady....:duck:

And for 27 years! That surely had to answer any questions since you aren't even that old...:))

Night Owl
May 1st, 2009, 11:47 AM
You couold have married her when she was 3.:):)

Scarlett
May 1st, 2009, 1:38 PM
This will not go unpunished...

Rick
May 4th, 2009, 6:48 AM
Ok, so give me some suggestions for sites to put in the Links Module. Most of the "crap" news sites have been removed.

Rick
May 6th, 2009, 5:53 AM
Gramps suggested that I add some links to education sites that might be interesting to the many teachers who are members here.

So I did.

http://www.centextalk.com/vb/portal.php

Phantomwarrior
May 9th, 2009, 8:03 AM

Ahhh, I would elect not to abort this. :):):-):-)

codeesdad
June 9th, 2009, 8:44 AM
I like it. If you don't watch some of the liberal news how do you keep up with the enemy, IPB, and SA.