PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to the Jets

corgifan
March 22nd, 2012, 9:07 PM
I liken this to The Bible Belt Meets The Jersey Shore. The Jets, one of my former favorite teams, are the laughing stock of the NFL, a circus team, and this stupid move just reaffirms it.

CenTexDave
March 22nd, 2012, 11:29 PM
They're the laughing stock because of their coach.
Imagine a team with both Ryans coaching them. :))

Ludwig
March 23rd, 2012, 7:52 AM
Lordy! Those Jets could not even get the contract right. They are going to design a few plays for Tebow. At the price they paid for him they better come up with a whole play-book.

CenTexDave
March 23rd, 2012, 5:58 PM
This doesn't appear to be a done deal.

kantwin
March 23rd, 2012, 6:20 PM
Couldn't resist

dawglover
March 24th, 2012, 1:52 PM
It's good that Tebow is a Holy guy because he'll need God on his side when the vulgar New York press takes him to task. I'll put my money on Tebow. I don"t want to bet against God.

P.S. ...and for any dim wit who thinks in that comment that I meant Tebow was God, let me assure you that I meant God was on Tebow's side.

Ludwig
March 24th, 2012, 3:17 PM
It's good that Tebow is a Holy guy ...

Well now... as best as I can tell, Mr. Tebow is a Baptist Christian... He has, to my knowledge, never made a claim of holiness and quite frankly were he to do so that would be the very proof that he is not so. Mr. Tebow seems to make it a habit to pray in public. What was it that Jesus said? I think it was words to the effect, "When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues (or in the football stadia with millions watching on TV) and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

dawglover
March 24th, 2012, 5:41 PM
Well now... as best as I can tell, Mr. Tebow is a Baptist Christian... He has, to my knowledge, never made a claim of holiness and quite frankly were he to do so that would be the very proof that he is not so. Mr. Tebow seems to make it a habit to pray in public. What was it that Jesus said? I think it was words to the effect, "When you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, who love to stand and pray in the synagogues (or in the football stadia with millions watching on TV) and on street corners so that others may see them. Amen, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go to your inner room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will repay you."

The use of the word "holy" here was a figure of speech Ludwig. You couldn’t tell that? Also, just because Tebo give thanks in public and prayed in public (just like you do at mass) and we all do at Friday Night Football, doesn't mean that he doesn't pray in private also. He never asked for nor called attention to his prayer. He simply knelt to give thanks. If only we had more Christian athlete role models like that. Oh, and as a Catholic, I'm just fine with Tebo being a Baptist. If he's praying to Jesus he's going to the right place. Jesus is the way to heaven, not any particular Christian faith. Jesus hears our prayers be we catholic, Baptist or any other Christian denomination. If Tebo likes being a Baptist that is what he should be. For me, I will stick with Catholicism. That's where I'm comfortable. Eitehr way, it’s all about Jesus my brother.

xzochye
March 24th, 2012, 6:45 PM
Oh man! I hate to say this but I agree with Dawg! It's really going to storm now!

Ludwig
March 24th, 2012, 8:21 PM
Oh man! I hate to say this but I agree with Dawg! It's really going to storm now!

The storm won't come from me (though I was tempted to correct my brother Dawg) because I don't like it when people jack threads so I should not do it either.

Back to Mr. Tebow, I can only imagine that his faith is going to be tested playing for the Jets. But then, Jesus did say, ""If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

dawglover
March 25th, 2012, 2:39 PM
Back to Mr. Tebow, I can only imagine that his faith is going to be tested playing for the Jets. But then, Jesus did say, ""If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me."

Again we are in agreement.