PDA

View Full Version : Peyton to Denver

dawglover
March 19th, 2012, 3:01 PM
I just heard that they are in the final stages of a deal with Payton Manning and the Denver Bronco's. Denver said if the deal goes through they will try to trade Tim Tebow.

TheOldProgrammer
March 19th, 2012, 3:14 PM
That's the rumor that's floating around...

I'm not sure trading Tebow is the right thing to do... I'm not convinced that Manning is healthy...

dawglover
March 19th, 2012, 4:50 PM
I think Payton has 2 or 3 good years in him so Denver did well to get him. However, they should keep renown to understudy and backup Payton. They shouldn't trade Tenow but I think salary caps are driving that. That and Eleay who apparently is not that fond of Tenow.

Breaking news just now, both Miami and San Francisco are making offers to Denver for Tebow. Miami would be a good Tebow fit since Tebow went to school there. But SF?? No way. Can you see Holy Tebow in gay SF? :)

finalbowser
March 19th, 2012, 7:06 PM
Denver just made a deal with the devil. Not that Peyton Manning is the devil or anything, but HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO TIM TEBOW?!?! The Broncos will rue the day they made this deal.

cnjbond
March 19th, 2012, 9:01 PM
Tebow is NOT really that good!! I'll give him credit for being gutsy, gritty, and having a never quit attitude but that don't help you throw the ball straight! He needs to sit behind a good QB for another 2 or 3 years and then I think he'll have a better shot of being a starting QB.

gnatsum
March 20th, 2012, 7:57 PM
Heard a line this morning on the radio that was lifted from last night's "Late Night with David Letterman", after relaying the news about Manning and the Broncos:
Dave: "Here's a question that some people are asking--'What Would Jesus Do?'"
:)

Ludwig
March 20th, 2012, 10:11 PM
... "What Would Jesus Do?"...

Exactly what He did... put Tebow on the bench to develop his skills a little more... brought in a has-been to teach the Broncos a little humility without having to shame his favorite QB. :):)

RockinRita
March 21st, 2012, 9:06 AM
A little birdie at ESPN told me yesterday that the Tebow is meeting with The Jets. Hmmmmmmmm.

CenTexDave
March 21st, 2012, 10:11 PM
Evidently happened. They report a 4th and 7th round draft pick, for a former #1 pick.
Don't know why the Jets would bother, and it seems to me that Denver got the worse end of the deal.
But, then again, Denver hasn't been known the past few years for astute draft picks - remember Maurice Clarett? :)

Ludwig
March 22nd, 2012, 6:33 AM
It seems that Tebow"s $6.2 M price tag may be too rich for the Jets. I can"t now imagine where he may find a home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dawglover
March 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
Evidently happened. They report a 4th and 7th round draft pick, for a former #1 pick.
Don't know why the Jets would bother, and it seems to me that Denver got the worse end of the deal.
But, then again, Denver hasn't been known the past few years for astute draft picks - remember Maurice Clarett? :)

It was a 4th round draft pick and $5 million. Still, Denver got the worst end of the deal.

dawglover
March 22nd, 2012, 12:33 PM
It seems that Tebow"s $6.2 M price tag may be too rich for the Jets. I can"t now imagine where he may find a home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can - DENVER, where he belongs. Keep him right in Denver understudying and learning from the master - Payton Manning. Tebow can still be the Quarterback of the future for Denver.

CenTexDave
March 22nd, 2012, 7:05 PM
Tebow, born in the PI to missionary parents, but then moved to Jacksonville, FL where he still calls home.
Beyond me why the Jacksonville Jaquars wouldn't sign him. He's certainly a step up from that poor excuse of a #1 draft pick QB they have.