PDA

View Full Version : Dog Scalp Licking

dawglover
March 11th, 2012, 11:39 AM
My dog is always licking my head. Not just a lick on the face but the entire scalp. If I doze off I will wake up to a soaked head and my happy dog slurping away. From the picture you can see what kind of a tongue he has. I know this is funny but seriously, I'd appreciate the Vet telling my why he does this. I have to wash my head at least twice a day because of this.

Ludwig
March 11th, 2012, 1:17 PM
Try using VO5 instead of lard to groom your remaining hair. :)

dawglover
March 11th, 2012, 6:32 PM
Try using VO5 instead of lard to groom your remaining hair. :)

Did that work for you?

Ludwig
March 11th, 2012, 9:34 PM
My dog does not lick my head... she works on the other end.:))

xzochye
March 11th, 2012, 10:34 PM
My dog does not lick my head... she works on the other end.:))

Speaks volumes about you.

dawglover
March 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Seriously, I' still like a vet opinion.

Ludwig
March 12th, 2012, 1:29 PM
Seriously, I' still like a vet opinion.

I am a vet. I served for 27 years in the Army.

dawglover
March 12th, 2012, 6:23 PM
I am a vet. I served for 27 years in the Army.
For the purposes of this specific question, unless you were in the K-9 corps (which admittedy is possible), I could care less.:)):))

ItsMe
March 18th, 2012, 1:12 AM
This post took a turn left and gave me a vision I wish I could erase.

Brian McCall
March 18th, 2012, 4:28 AM
I absolutely hate the title of this thread. I want people to stop responding so it falls off the edge of the new posts list. This is the most vile topic I've ever seen on here. I HATE THIS THREAD!! GO AWAY!! YOU MAKE ME SICK.

Or, for the love of God, change the title to something else!

Brian McCall
March 18th, 2012, 4:29 AM
GAAH!! I just read some of the posts.

RICK!!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
March 19th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I know this is funny but seriously, I'd appreciate the Vet telling my why he does this.

As the old joke goes, "because he can.....".

Ludwig
March 19th, 2012, 11:05 AM
:)):)):)):)):)) sweet vindication.

dawglover
March 19th, 2012, 2:38 PM
I absolutely hate the title of this thread. I want people to stop responding so it falls off the edge of the new posts list. This is the most vile topic I've ever seen on here. I HATE THIS THREAD!! GO AWAY!! YOU MAKE ME SICK.

Or, for the love of God, change the title to something else!

Easy. Easy. Vile? A dog licking your head is the most vile thing you ever saw? Surely you jest. You never had a dog lick your head? Seriously? Where have you been?

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
March 19th, 2012, 3:59 PM
Some dogs lick as a way of soothing themselves often to the point where it becomes a habit. This may be occurring in this instance. It is highly unlikely that the dog is suffering from any dietary deficiencies.

Brian McCall
March 19th, 2012, 6:59 PM
Easy. Easy. Vile? A dog licking your head is the most vile thing you ever saw? Surely you jest. You never had a dog lick your head? Seriously? Where have you been?

No no no, that's not the image the title brings to mind.

Ludwig
March 19th, 2012, 7:42 PM
Well, one reading of the title line does make Dawg the active principal and his poor dog the victim. One of the great faults of English.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dawglover
March 20th, 2012, 3:39 PM
Some dogs lick as a way of soothing themselves often to the point where it becomes a habit. This may be occurring in this instance. It is highly unlikely that the dog is suffering from any dietary deficiencies.
Thank you Doc. I really did want to know. As an aside, any chance it can help with male pattern baldness? If so, I'm renting my dog out for scalp licks.:)):))

dawglover
March 20th, 2012, 3:41 PM
No no no, that's not the image the title brings to mind.

Huh? I don't get it.