PDA

View Full Version : Colts to Cut Peyton Manning

cnjbond
March 6th, 2012, 8:10 PM
I can't believe they actually decided to pull the trigger on this one. I hate to see a player of his caliber go like this but he'll definitely land on his feet and make his new team very competitive!

report-Peyton-Manning-cut-colts-Wednesday (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-peyton-manning-cut-colts-wednesday-231935941.html)

TheOldProgrammer
March 7th, 2012, 6:19 AM
That he will... I'm not really a fan of Peyton Manning but to do this to him after what he did for the Dolts, oops Colts, is shameful...

I was interested to see that they want to take Luck in the draft... Why do they take the second best QB? It's easy to figure out... Luck won the Unitas Award... Think about it; Johnny Unitas, Baltimore Colts... Makes perfect sense to me...

Night Owl
March 7th, 2012, 7:32 AM
TOP your first thought was correct. Once they cut Manning they become the Dolts once again.

jimbob
March 7th, 2012, 8:13 AM
TOP your first thought was correct. Once they cut Manning they become the Dolts once again.
RG3 can take them to the promise land again. RG3 would revitalize that offense.

kantwin
March 7th, 2012, 9:09 AM
He couldn't play forever. He's got maybe 3 years left in him, I guess.
Plus, it saves the organization 28 million bucks.

jimbob
March 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
He couldn't play forever. He's got maybe 3 years left in him, I guess.
Plus, it saves the organization 28 million bucks.
You are exactly right. Just imagine how good the Colts would be if RG3 ran that club. RG3 adds mobility along with proficient passing. It would be a different dynamic to the Colts. Manning can not run like RG3 can. ;)

jimbob
March 7th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Today RG3, yesterday Peyton Manning. It is about the future. Someday RG3 will be through. Life!!!

cnjbond
March 7th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Incase ya'll have missed it, I'll let you in on a little secret...the Colts are in rebuilding mode. I don't care who the QB is, they aren't gonna be very successful (wins) until they get some good players again and ones that don't quit just because the Captain of the ship is out of commission. The NFL has drastically changed since Peyton was a rookie when it was ok to have a few losing seasons your first couple of years while you were figuring things out. It's a Win-Now-or-Else league and Mr Luck (he'll need lots of it) has some HUGE shoes to fill and I don't know how much patience the fans will have if he doesn't have a stellar rookie season. So I'm kind of glad RGIII isn't going to the Colts, that's a lot of pressure!

dawglover
March 7th, 2012, 1:09 PM
In case you missed it, it's a done deal. Payton has been released by the Colts. It is now official. Now Houston should rush to get him. Not Dallas because Dallas has to rush to draft RG3.

xzochye
March 7th, 2012, 7:04 PM
In case you missed it, it's a done deal. Payton has been released by the Colts. It is now official. Now Houston should rush to get him. Not Dallas because Dallas has to rush to draft RG3.

:puke:Why in the world would you want RG3 go to such a horrible team? He needs to go somewhere that has a good team and coach.

Rick
March 7th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Incase ya'll have missed it, I'll let you in on a little secret...the Colts are in rebuilding mode. I don't care who the QB is, they aren't gonna be very successful (wins) until they get some good players again and ones that don't quit just because the Captain of the ship is out of commission. The NFL has drastically changed since Peyton was a rookie when it was ok to have a few losing seasons your first couple of years while you were figuring things out. It's a Win-Now-or-Else league and Mr Luck (he'll need lots of it) has some HUGE shoes to fill and I don't know how much patience the fans will have if he doesn't have a stellar rookie season. So I'm kind of glad RGIII isn't going to the Colts, that's a lot of pressure!
Yep, and the $28 million will go a long way toward bringing in young players. It's a business. Peyton knows it. The bonus was a long shot when it was written into the contract. They don't even know if he'll even be able to play again. I think he is a fool if he tries. Too much at stake.

CenTexDave
March 8th, 2012, 3:09 AM
Doesn't matter where RG3 goes - the team that selects him will be bad. The Rams hold the #2 pick. They should get a number 1, 2 and something high next year for the pick. Might rebuild the Rams fast.

cnjbond
March 8th, 2012, 8:16 AM
Doesn't matter where RG3 goes - the team that selects him will be bad.

That's true if none of the better teams that need a QB don't trade up to get him...Cleveland NOT being one of those better teams!!

jimbob
March 8th, 2012, 8:26 AM
:puke:Why in the world would you want RG3 go to such a horrible team? He needs to go somewhere that has a good team and coach.
The reason being because it would mean he was the number 1 draft choice and even though he will be receiving MANY millions, he would get more by going #1. He wants to be #1, so I want him to be #1. He deserves it. He is the best QB in the country.8-;

jimbob
March 8th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hey xzochye, wouldn't you want RG3's wishes to come true? I do.:)

dawglover
March 8th, 2012, 1:32 PM

Dallas has a good team. What they are lacking and need is RG3.

jimbob
March 8th, 2012, 3:44 PM
Dallas has a good team. What they are lacking and need is RG3.
I agree and wished he would go to Dallas but I also want what RG3 desires and that is to go #1 in the draft.

Night Owl
March 8th, 2012, 4:32 PM
He is going to make a lot of money whereever he is drafted.

cityboy
March 8th, 2012, 5:23 PM
Dallas would be the ideal place for Griffin to go. They should do whatever it takes to get him. Unfortunately, Jerry Jones is an idiot and says Romo is his man. Unbelievable ...

jimbob
March 9th, 2012, 7:36 AM
Dallas would be the ideal place for Griffin to go. They should do whatever it takes to get him. Unfortunately, Jerry Jones is an idiot and says Romo is his man. Unbelievable ...
I agree. Jerry Jones is the main problem with the Cowboys. RG3 would revitalize the team. He is the kind of QB that would be a dynasty for them. Plus he would be a merchandise commodity. Romo is not!

Night Owl
March 9th, 2012, 7:58 AM
Here comes the Romo bashing once again.:))

The Cowboys have a good quarterback and don't need to waste a draft pick on another one. The Cowboys problem is on Defense and that is where they need to focus.

jimbob
March 9th, 2012, 9:32 AM
Here comes the Romo bashing once again.:))

The Cowboys have a good quarterback and don't need to waste a draft pick on another one. The Cowboys problem is on Defense and that is where they need to focus.
I'm not bashing Romo. He is ok just not in the category with RG3. RG3 is head and heals above Romo. Cowboys kicking game needs help also.:-s

Night Owl
March 9th, 2012, 9:48 AM
So we have a quarterback that has proven he can win at the NFL level and you claim that a college quarterback that has never played a single down in the NFL is head and heals above an established quarterback. An established quarterback that is always in the top 5-10 quarterbaks in the league. That is laughable.

RG3 will find early in his career that his best defense is to stay behind his O line and only run when necessary. If he doesn't learn this early then he won't last long in the NFL.

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Fear not, RG3 fans. You will get to see him at least twice a year. The Redskins have reportedly given up the ship to trade up to get the Rams' number 2 pick.

cnjbond
March 10th, 2012, 8:45 AM
Fear not, RG3 fans. You will get to see him at least twice a year. The Redskins have reportedly given up the ship to trade up to get the Rams' number 2 pick.
Please Lord, don't let this be true!!!! It's gonna be hard to hope he has a good game but still lose....

jimbob
March 10th, 2012, 8:58 AM
So we have a quarterback that has proven he can win at the NFL level and you claim that a college quarterback that has never played a single down in the NFL is head and heals above an established quarterback. An established quarterback that is always in the top 5-10 quarterbaks in the league. That is laughable.

RG3 will find early in his career that his best defense is to stay behind his O line and only run when necessary. If he doesn't learn this early then he won't last long in the NFL.
We will have to agree to disagree. Romo does not compare to Griffin.:)

CenTexDave
March 10th, 2012, 5:55 PM
Romo, at times, has looked liked the second coming of Roger Staubach. Other times, he resembles Ryan Leaf. You never know what you are going to get on any given Sunday.
But I agree the Cowboys' real needs are on defense - particularly the secondary.
I know Rick is feeling bad. We both grew up near Cleveland and are still Browns' fans. We were hoping Mr. Griffin would become a Brown.

cnjbond
March 10th, 2012, 9:13 PM
I know Rick is feeling bad. We both grew up near Cleveland and are still Browns' fans. We were hoping Mr. Griffin would become a Brown.
WHAT?!!!!! But they have the beloved Colt "Ouch-I-got-a-booboo-so-my-daddy-says-I-can't-go-back-into-the-biggest-game-of-my-collegiate-career" McCoy at the helm!! :thumbsup

CenTexDave
March 11th, 2012, 1:32 AM
The Colts have also unloaded Addai, Clark and a couple of others.
You'd think these guys who sign these huge contracts, with an outrageous roster bonus, would figure out that come roster bonus time they are gonna be waived.

onetime
March 11th, 2012, 3:23 PM
This is simply cannon fodder, but what if he signed with the cowboys? Personally wouldn't you rather have an unproven new payton manning rather then the epic untimely failure that is tony romo? If the cowboys sign a couple of DBs and draft a few more with the addition of an LB. They have the talent to win for the next few years, that is how long they have given payton and that is also how long the leash for Tony Romo would be. Get rid of his ass.