PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl!!!

Rick
February 5th, 2012, 5:48 PM
A safety for a first play for the Patriots? Too funny.

Rick
February 5th, 2012, 6:07 PM
Naked M&M best commercial so far.

engteach64
February 5th, 2012, 6:45 PM
I liked the Doritos commercial where the dog burried the cat and gave the guy doritos to keep quiet. Funny.

Grammar Rules
February 5th, 2012, 8:11 PM
Not funny. Sorry now that I bought Doritos for the hot queso. Of course, I had a beloved 18 year old cat killed by an off-leash Great Dane, so I might not be impartial.

Enjoyed the HEB commercial with the crop circle logo and the Chevy truck Mayan Apocalpyse, so far.

Rick
February 5th, 2012, 9:07 PM
Is that the worst trophy presentation in sports or what? I changed the channel halfway through that funeral procession.

cnjbond
February 5th, 2012, 9:50 PM
Is that the worst trophy presentation in sports or what? I changed the channel halfway through that funeral procession.
My daughter asked me why he was going so slow...I told her "Sweetie, that's probably as fast as the poor guy can move"!

siamcat
February 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I was so hoping the Giants would win.

Yeah!!!

I was excited when the other team didn't make it ( think it was the Steelers).

I don't watch Football, but I like to see variety in the winners.

Guess the Giants are the nemesis of the Patriots, the only team they lost to in the Super Bowl ( twice now, from what the sports casters said).

corgifan
February 5th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Snoozer of a game. Patriots didn't make the critical plays that they used to commonly do. Dropped passes and no real pass rush. There will be changes in store for them next year. Manning, on the other hand, has turned into one dangerous QB. A winner. Wish Romo would step up.

HORRIBLE commercials, too. I can't remember a worse collection of duds. My favorite was the sandman.

corgifan
February 5th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Anyone else catch that rapper woman flipping off directly at the camera during Madonna's show?

cnjbond
February 5th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Anyone else catch that rapper woman flipping off directly at the camera during Madonna's show?

That was MIA and they blurred it AFTER the fact...I thought the 10sec delay was supposed to catch those things.

sojourner truth
February 6th, 2012, 8:22 AM
I found the whole "kissing the trophy thing" disgusting. Why don't they dist bow down and start worshipping the thing. Personally, I wouldn't have wanted to touch the nasty thing by the time it got up to the podium. Where's the germ x when ya need it?

blueeagle
February 6th, 2012, 8:52 AM
They can afford to go to the doctor if they get sick, they just won an awful big bonus.

xzochye
February 6th, 2012, 9:35 AM
I wouldn't want to kiss it. However, if it meant as much to me as it does to them I probably wouldn't hesitate to kiss it at all.

kantwin
February 6th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I would imagine that if I were a professional football player towards the end of my career, I may even lick that thing from bottom to top. :-)

Ludwig
February 6th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I watched the game rooting for the Giants as the under-dogs and being convinced of the eventual triumph of the Patriots. I had faith that in the final 57 seconds of the game they would pull off a victory. They did not but that certainly provided me with all the excitement my old heart could stand. I thought it a most exciting and entertaining game of football.

As to the commercials, the only one which I truly enjoyed was the Dorito's and the Great Dane.

I have naught but disdain for Ms. Madonna ergo I used the Half-time period to relieve myself of a Nancy Pelosi which was near to defeating my anal sphingster muscel.

dawglover
February 6th, 2012, 2:52 PM
Their was tow obvious and horrible pass interference calls that everyone saw and the officials missed. I think the BFL may give them their walking parers over that. Anyone can make a mistake but at this professional "Super Bowl" level obvious pass interference calls ought not be missed. Had the giant's not won the game this these official errors would be the sports news of the day. They could have made a difference in the outcome of the game. Fortunately the Giants won.

Ludwig
February 6th, 2012, 3:28 PM
When looked at in real-time and considering the view angle of those officials, I can understand how the calls were missed.

On the other hand, your abuse of English (Their instead of there, tow instead of two, parers instead of papers, giant's instead of Giants, this these instead of these) ought to be grounds for your removal from CTT. :)):)):))

kantwin
February 6th, 2012, 4:14 PM
When looked at in real-time and considering the view angle of those officials, I can understand how the calls were missed.

On the other hand, your abuse of English (Their instead of there, tow instead of two, parers instead of papers, giant's instead of Giants, this these instead of these) ought to be grounds for your removal from CTT. :)):)):))
You forgot "BFL" instead of NFL... :)

siamcat
February 6th, 2012, 5:47 PM
I'm curious, do the players get to hang out with the trophy or is it put in some display to collect dust?
Is the same trophy handed out every year or do they make a new one?

Night Owl
February 7th, 2012, 9:36 AM

You have to excuse Dawg for these mistakes, he gets this way every time he drinks.:)):))

CenTexDave
February 9th, 2012, 2:20 AM
This worthless Super Bowl finally made me realize how much more important other things are.