PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2012, 7:08 AM
What a waste. :))

Night Owl
January 30th, 2012, 7:11 AM
Didn't watch. Who won? Or better, who cares!:)

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2012, 7:31 AM
AFC, something like 59-41. Defenses didn't show up.

sojourner truth
January 30th, 2012, 7:37 AM
That wasn't football. The should have just played flag football. The rules preclude any "rough play" and no Blitzes. What the heck is that all about. They don't want anyone getting hurt in the off season. That's what happens when salaries trump competition. I fell asleep in the Lazyboy at halftime.

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2012, 8:06 AM
If they are going to play this game, it should be done midway through the season such as the NBA, MLB and NHL does. Give all teams a two week break at the beginning of November. NCAA football could schedule a couple of good match-ups on those two Sundays when the NFL is off. As it is now, all the players who are playing in the Super Bowl will not attend if selected. Then many selected just blow this off with a "sprained little finger". Their season is over and they've had enough. The NFL used to play this after the Super Bowl and by then most players just wanted the off-season.

Gramps
January 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
How about making it the Hall of Fame Game. Last season's Pro Bowlers play the first game of the season as part of the Hall of Fame induction weekend.

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
That might work.
I think one problem, though, with playing it at the start of the NFL and midway through the season is the players would be afraid to get hurt. Well, not the players so much as the coaches and owners. I can see Jerry Jones now if Ware or Romo got hurt.

sojourner truth
January 30th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Exactly Dave. If they aren't going to play the game in earnest, don't play it at all. PS: I wonder how much money was made by all for this farce.

kantwin
January 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
I wonder how much money was made by all for this farce.
No money was made. It just changed hands.:))

CenTexDave
January 30th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Exactly Dave. If they aren't going to play the game in earnest, don't play it at all. PS: I wonder how much money was made by all for this farce.
$50K to the winners. Don't know what the losers got. If like most all-star games, the MVP probably got a new Rolls Royce or Ferrari. :)

sojourner truth
January 30th, 2012, 4:46 PM
Not bad for a trip to Hawaii, hours of promo shots, commercial bucks, and a few days sitting on the beach. All that for playing graba$$ for a few hours. I'm in the wrong business.