PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade Time Again

Rick
January 13th, 2012, 8:17 PM
I am due to upgrade the software again. Actually, it's about five upgrades. Most of them were minor, but at this point, they supposedly have made some changes that will fix some of the annoyances.

So if you see the forum down, hold your thoughts, I will be working as fast as I can to get back online.

Night Owl
January 13th, 2012, 11:19 PM
You mean there is a software fix for TMO/IronErnin? Excellent!!!!!:))

CenTexDave
January 14th, 2012, 5:25 AM
Yeah, it's called .45 ACP

Rick
January 14th, 2012, 5:44 AM
Well hell, woke up at 4ish to work on this and right in the middle of uploading the files to the test site, the incompetent morons at Century Link decided that I didn't need internet connection so they did their daily shutdown of my service.

This ALWAYS happens when it rains but oh wait, it's not raining.

I love how the first option says, "If you are calling because of an Internet outage due to non-payment of your bill, press 1." ****ers Always more concerned about the deadbeats. Oh, and then you have to enter your phone number, then when the "tech" answers the phone, their first question is, "What's your phone number?" That makes me want to scream, "LOOK AT YOUR F-ING SCREEN YOU IDIOT"

It's at this point I know that they aren't going to be able to help me.

Maybe I should have a one legged mentally challenged squirrel deliver the files to the server, it would be faster and MUCH more reliable.

Mestral
January 14th, 2012, 6:36 AM
Well hell, woke up at 4ish to work on this and right in the middle of uploading the files to the test site, the incompetent morons at Century Link decided that I didn't need internet connection so they did their daily shutdown of my service.

This ALWAYS happens when it rains but oh wait, it's not raining.

I love how the first option says, "If you are calling because of an Internet outage due to non-payment of your bill, press 1." ****ers Always more concerned about the deadbeats. Oh, and then you have to enter your phone number, then when the "tech" answers the phone, their first question is, "What's your phone number?" That makes me want to scream, "LOOK AT YOUR F-ING SCREEN YOU IDIOT"

It's at this point I know that they aren't going to be able to help me.[/SIZE]

Maybe I should have a one legged mentally challenged squirrel deliver the files to the server, it would be faster and MUCH more reliable.It is stuff like this that, despite all other annoyances, and too high a bill, with RoadRunner.

CenTexDave
January 14th, 2012, 8:47 PM
Rick, I sympathize with you but Mestral is correct. RR absolutely sucks. If you have a problem it takes an act of congress to get a live person on there. I had problems early Thanksgiving morning - kept disconnecting, then would reconnect, disconnect, etc. I know enough that I troubleshot everything and finally called them. Got some yayhoo God knows where, but at least spoke English. After going through his script and doing everything that I already told him I had just done, he thinks it's been fixed. The problem kept happening all the way through Sunday morning when I finally had enough of having to reset the modem, reboot all the time, etc. Called them and told them the same problem, had to reexplain the whole damned thing, and was told a repair tech would be out that day. Naturally, no repair tech. So called first thing Monday, after another 10 minute menu driven delay, and reexplained it all again and told them their repair tech never showed up. They said the earliest they could have a tech out was Weds (this was 8AM, Mon morning). Told them not to bother, but when he was in the neighborhood he could stop by and pick up the cable modem as I was going to get another internet provider within two hours. They then changed their tune, offered me RR Turbo for free for one year (and yes, it is faster but not I won't keep it after the one year free period) and had a tech there in 1/2 hour. The problem was the cable off the pole - worn, squirrels probably gnawing on it, etc.
RR sucks as the cost is ridiculous ($57/month), but I cannot get DSL here and Clearwire is not very reliable in this area.

Rick
January 14th, 2012, 8:51 PM
Roadrunner is not an option where I live. So I am stuck with Centurysuck and my three legged squirrel.

Rick
January 15th, 2012, 5:45 AM
The hard part is done. I still have a few things to do.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Thanks for your patience.

Mestral
January 15th, 2012, 6:56 AM
Rick, I sympathize with you but Mestral is correct. RR absolutely sucks. If you have a problem it takes an act of congress to get a live person on there. . . . The problem was the cable off the pole - worn, squirrels probably gnawing on it, etc.
RR sucks as the cost is ridiculous ($57/month), but I cannot get DSL here and Clearwire is not very reliable in this area.

CTDave, you understood part of what I said, but missunderstood another part. While RR (actually the bundle bill I get) is way more expensive than what I want to pay, I NEVER have any problem with the service (although I have had some 2 minute to 10 minute outages).

Maybe I am just lucky, but in 9 years of cable service I have only had one significant outage, and that was when I dropped a tree limb across the cable. The repairman said it was time to change it out anyway (it had been up there about 7 years) and didn't charge me for the wire.

If I had had any service problems with them, I would switch in a heartbeat, to save money.

CenTexDave
January 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
RR for the most part is very reliable here. I love on top of one of the hills in Cove, so gets lots of squirrels running the power cables on the hillside behind my house. They chew on the cables I guess. I usually don't have problems with their service except when the local office is closed, as was that morning and my call went to their region or national hq.

Ludwig
January 15th, 2012, 3:31 PM
There used to be a "Top" arrow on every frame. I miss it very much when I'm only surfing.

Rick
January 15th, 2012, 3:33 PM
ahhh thanks for the reminder. Gimme a few minutes.

Rick
January 15th, 2012, 3:52 PM
Install Top Button

xzochye
January 15th, 2012, 3:56 PM
Yay Thanks!

Ludwig
January 15th, 2012, 4:39 PM
Wow! That was quick. Thanks.

dawglover
January 17th, 2012, 8:35 AM
Yeah, it's called .45 ACP

I thought it was Exlax.:)

dawglover
January 17th, 2012, 8:38 AM
ahhh thanks for the reminder. Gimme a few minutes.

Can you add an "I love Dawg button" please? I'm sure it will get lots of use. :07::)

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 8:59 AM
Click the link (http://www.centextalk.com/vb/misc.php?do=donate) and I'll see what I can do. :bluerofl

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Ok, my post was a Joke. There's no need to click on the link to send me money...unless you really want to! :)

Ludwig
January 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Just wanted to see where it goes. I did and I wanted to. More later.

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Ok, thanks. It went into the vault. :)

Night Owl
January 17th, 2012, 3:36 PM
Install Top Button

Why does TOP get his own button? I want my own button too.=;:))

TheOldProgrammer
January 17th, 2012, 3:45 PM

Because I'm older than you are Owl... :bluerofl

:smoke

circle_c
January 17th, 2012, 3:56 PM
Was looking to change the forum theme (color) guess we can't do that anymore, or did I miss it somewhere? No biggie just curious.

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 4:45 PM
I went to the default theme. Too much hassle to keep updating two of them.

Rick
January 17th, 2012, 4:46 PM
:cowdungowl

Night Owl
January 17th, 2012, 9:42 PM
Ok I feel better now!!!!!:)):))

Grammar Rules
January 20th, 2012, 6:40 AM

Heck, Owl, just change your handle like some of our other friends. We will know it's you when we see the newbie, TOP.

By the way, Rick, what happened to the reply with multiple quotes bar?

TheOldProgrammer
January 20th, 2012, 6:45 AM
GR it's there... It's in between the "Reply With Quote" and "Top" button...

:smoke

Night Owl
January 20th, 2012, 6:59 AM
I knew you had your own special TOP button and every gets to use it. Dang Rick playing favorites again!!!:))

Rick
January 20th, 2012, 8:00 AM
By the way, Rick, what happened to the reply with multiple quotes bar?
Here it is, 2232

Maybe I'll get the old version of it.

gwilly
January 22nd, 2012, 7:36 AM
I'm upgrading. The yellow banner will disappear with this upgrade.

Rick
January 23rd, 2012, 9:39 PM
I don't know anything about a yellow banner.