PDA

View Full Version : Have A New Kid by Friday

Texas Immigrant
February 8th, 2009, 9:49 PM
I started reading this book by Dr. Kevin Leman. I technically haven't started because you're supposed to start on Monday and be done by Friday, (well at least done with introducing the plan to the family, it will be an ongoing lifestyle change). I've tried it out a little at home, and the results are promising. I have a 7 year old boy, who will most likely one day become a lawyer (that kid can talk), and a daughter that is 5 going on 15. I plan on using some of the strategies in my classroom too.

Has anyone else tried this out? I know I mentioned it on an earlier thread and someone had said they read the book.

Texas Immigrant
February 9th, 2009, 9:40 PM
If you have any other really good advice, I'm all ears too. :-?

reader
February 10th, 2009, 5:20 AM
Prayer, TI...kids will knock you to your knees in grief at times...prayer is the only outlet I find that helps. That, and true friends who stand by you.

I've heard of Leman's book, but haven't read it. I'll have to take a look and maybe order it for our professional library...appreciate the tip!

FieryPrincess
February 10th, 2009, 6:30 AM
I read it and I LOVE it! I use it in my class, I use it in my home.

It has many of my student MUCH more independent and ties their self-esteem to real things THEY do. Not meaningless things we give them (a certificate for participating???)