PDA

View Full Version : My 10,000th Post!

Scarlett
December 31st, 2011, 11:44 PM
Ok...here it is! My 10,000th post.

Believe it or not, I really DO have a life.

I have a job that I love, which means a hell of a lot really. How many people get to wake up each day and actually look forward to what the day might bring while they are AT work? I am blessed to be one of those kind of people.

I have four kids that I adore. I think they love me. I tell them no a lot more often than I did when I was married. That is tough... I think they don't realize it is a lot harder for me than for them when I do that. I never understood that when I was a kid. My parents would say, "I'm really sorry, we just can't afford that..." and I would be angry. Thinking they were not sorry, they were mean. I get it now. It is hard to see my kids sad...harder than being sad myself. But I do think they love me, and appreciate me. For the most part. And I am so blessed to have them. Even though that means gymnastics two nights a week, and basketball two nights a week, and band recitals and practices and countless sleepovers and never any clean towels when I need one and who will walk the dog...oh...me again?...and why aren't the chores done and please stop screaming and turn down the tv and OMG do NOT eat THAT....I could go on and on...but with them I am reminded that there are better things...the world is good...the future is promising (my daughter already said when I am old I can live in her basement) and as a rule, I really am "normal."

Have an AMAZING 2012 everyone. But for the love of GOD and ALL you hold dear, PLEASE stop the "end of the world" rumors...my 4th grader is terrified and she just found out Santa isn't real (oops...THAT was an accident yesterday) and she REALLY can't handle this too! Every single night....mommmmmmmmmyyyyy....the world is going to END? I heard it AGAINNNNNN.....

Rick
January 1st, 2012, 12:13 AM
Congratulations on being a Mom. Being a parent is a job that doesn't end. Even though my kids are 27 and 23, I still worry. Don't have to say NO anymore. So that's good.

Tap tap tap, world, are you still here? Just checking.

TheOldProgrammer
January 1st, 2012, 7:02 AM
And it'll be that way when they are 43 and 38...and have kids of their own.

:smoke

jack
January 1st, 2012, 8:12 AM
Scarlett:

Thank you for your words of optimism ina pessimistic world. I believe next year will be great filled with new challenges and oppurtunities. My best wishes for all of you.

circle_c
January 1st, 2012, 8:39 AM
BTW Scarlett, congrats on 10,000. HOOAH!.