PDA

View Full Version : Tonight!! Baylor vs Washington in Alama Bowl, 8PM, ESPN

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2011, 1:07 PM
Watch the Robert Griffin Show on national TV tonight.
Washington has a pretty potent offense, but Baylor's is second to none.
Washington beat Cal during conference play 31-23.
Cal lost to UT last night, 21-10.
UT got blown out by Baylor, 48-24.
I look for a close game in the first half, then Baylor to run wild in the second half. You might stop RG3 for a half, but you can't stop him AND the outstanding running of Terry Ganaway also. Ganaway starts to get good yardage in the second half and RG3 will open it up.
I predict a 45-31 Baylor win.:)

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 1:58 PM
Go Huskies!!!! Even though I didn't go there, it would have been my first choice if they had a stronger education program. I went with CWU instead.

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2011, 3:27 PM
CWU?? Oh, Central Wyoming University. :)

Ludwig
December 29th, 2011, 4:20 PM
The pope told me I could not root for Baylor on pain of mortal sin. I will watch the game while imbibing copious quantities of adult beverage, German Lager, while I pray they lose. If they win, then I know that it's satan who's in charge of American Football. :):):)

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2011, 4:43 PM
You may want to have a few extra bottles to drink away the pain!! :))

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 4:59 PM
Does Wyoming even educate their young adults?

cnjbond
December 29th, 2011, 8:24 PM
I look for a close game in the first half, then Baylor to run wild in the second half. You might stop RG3 for a half, but you can't stop him AND the outstanding running of Terry Ganaway also. Ganaway starts to get good yardage in the second half and RG3 will open it up.
I predict a 45-31 Baylor win.:)

You might be right about the score, it looks like both teams have the Dallas Cowboy's defense out there playing for them!

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 8:53 PM
This is the only time I watch ESPN and I'm about ready to throw something through the TV, all these Technical Difficulties are driving me nuts!!! And I don't have that far to go!

Grammar Rules
December 29th, 2011, 8:56 PM
I know! Me too. I do like the score right now: 21-7 Baylor

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 9:02 PM
21-14:)

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 9:18 PM
Make that a tie ballgame!! Go Huskies!!

siamcat
December 29th, 2011, 9:35 PM
Go Baylor!

Hey, we're in Texas. Who are the Huskies( besides dogs from Alaska)?

Sorry, carry on. Just wanted to support the team closest to me.8-;

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 9:41 PM
Home is where the heart is and mine is still in Seattle. I still think Baylor is a fine school. I just have to remain loyal to my homies.

sojourner truth
December 29th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Defense is doing about normal, isn't it?

CenTexDave
December 29th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Baylor's defense looks terrible. This is what happened to them against Oklahoma State and A&M - they could never stop the other offense.

Grammar Rules
December 29th, 2011, 11:44 PM
67-56!

Texas Immigrant
December 29th, 2011, 11:46 PM
Good job Baylor, but I still love my Huskies.

corgifan
December 29th, 2011, 11:53 PM
What a story for Baylor and Robert Griffin. (Sorry, I don't know the young man, so I'm not going to call him RGIII.)
Back in the day (really not so long ago), before the Elite Cafe sold out and for some STUPID reason went upscale, they would have named a sandwich after him.

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2011, 5:24 AM
That was one of the most incredible football games I ever saw. Definitely not a defensive battle.
Baylor's defense came up big when it had to.

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2011, 6:35 AM
This game went pretty much like I thought it would. Washington solely concentrated on stopping RG3, and they did a fair job of it. Problem is you concentrate on stopping Griffin and that leaves Ganaway and Salubi to run wild which they did.
Washington's QB is the RG3 of the future. He played great.

sojourner truth
December 30th, 2011, 7:31 AM
Now, if that wasn't a gut wrencher, I don't know what is. It was worth staying up late. Now...What's next for RGIII? I sure hate to think what the score on that game would be if he wasn't at the helm, their defense being what it is.

cnjbond
December 30th, 2011, 7:47 AM
Now, if that wasn't a gut wrencher, I don't know what is. It was worth staying up late. Now...What's next for RGIII? I sure hate to think what the score on that game would be if he wasn't at the helm, their defense being what it is.
They wouldn't have been at that game or any bowl game without him...I think he's going to turn pro, there's nothing left for him to prove at Baylor and I doubt his senior year will come even close to the success the Bears had this year.

Night Owl
December 30th, 2011, 8:01 AM
WOW, I thought I tuned in to watch a football game and a basketball game came on. 67-56. Just WOW!!!!

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2011, 9:54 AM
I think he will declare for the draft. Part of the equation as to why they were successful this year is that Kendall Wright (WR- 2nd team All-American), Terry Ganaway (RB- honorable mention All-American) and Jerod Salubi (backup RB and great out of the backfield also) are seniors and also will graduate.
There is nothing left for him to prove - with the exception of winning a national championship, but with that defense that would never happen.
He's going to get his Masters in May. And you can't make $M's every year sitting in school.
Heisman? Yep
Davey O'Brien Award as Best QB? Yep
Sporting News Player of the Year? Yep
AP Player of the Year? Yep
SI Player of the Year and 1st team All-American? Yep
AP 1st team All-American? Yep
Oh wait, ESPN only placed him on their second team! Obvious liberal bunch of idiots!!! :))
I'll really miss watching him play on Satudays. He made the trip to Floyd Casey Stadium worthwhile.
Guess I'll have to watch him on Sunday on TV next season.

kantwin
December 30th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Didn't he want to do the Olympics? Or at least tryout for them?
Would going pro / declaring for the draft affect the Olympic tryouts?

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2011, 11:26 AM
I'm sure it would hurt his prospects for the Olympics unless he can reach an agreement whatever NFL team drafts him to allow him to compete. Now that football is over he's back with Baylor's track team, evidently no more 400M hurdles, just the straight 400. He ran that in high school and was great at it, but at the state track meet ran the 110M hurdles, 300M hurdles and the anchor of the 4x400M relay. That was his junior year in hs. Following that he went to the AAU Jr Olympics and broke the American record for the 400M in the under 18 year old category. As far as I know, that record still stands. His freshman year at Baylor (actually should have still been in high school) he ran track for Baylor and won the Big 12 meet, won the Regionals and was 3rd at the NCAA championships earning him All-American status. He placed sixth at the Olympic trials and said he had a bad start. His time at the trials would have been good enough for the Olympic Silver. The 400M is an event where most men don't peak until mid to late 20's.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
December 30th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Who kidnapped the defenses and where did they take them?

CenTexDave
December 30th, 2011, 2:27 PM
I heard Baylor's never left Waco yesterday for the trip, and obviously Washington'd didn't make the trip either.
But it was an excellent display of offense.

Night Owl
December 30th, 2011, 2:33 PM
I was amazed at the Baylor running game, but then Dave or I could have gained 150 yards on that defense.

Ludwig
December 30th, 2011, 2:49 PM
I had to take some personal time in 4th Qtr when Wash was on 4th & 9. I missed that key defensive play and when I got back Baylor had to turnip again. One good defensive play during the whole game and I missed seeing it. Like I said, satan runs American football.

I will have to go to confession 'cause I could not help but root for the Bears.

Night Owl
December 30th, 2011, 4:12 PM
Something wrong with Baylor University? I think they worship the same God and Jesus as you do.

stormy
December 30th, 2011, 4:30 PM
Well, Texas Immigrant...our Huskies lost...truth be told, I was goin' for Baylor, but I did get a little excited when the Huskies caught up! I'll always be a Washintonian deep down in my heart, though! :) (BTW, one of my best friends in high school went to CWU, and I went to EWU) :thumbsup

Ludwig
December 30th, 2011, 4:40 PM
Something wrong with Baylor University? I think they worship the same God and Jesus as you do.

Off topic. I think that Muslims claim to worship the same god and Jesus as you do too.:):)

Night Owl
December 30th, 2011, 9:35 PM
No they don't.

Texas Immigrant
December 31st, 2011, 9:27 AM
Only in Texas would religion come up on a football thread.

Wait. This is Texas. Football Is a Religion here.

Ludwig
December 31st, 2011, 9:39 AM
Only in Texas would religion come up on a football thread.

Wait. This is Texas. Football Is a Religion here.

Not to forget that Baylor is primarily a religious institution; football notwithstanding.

dawglover
December 31st, 2011, 3:24 PM
Go Huskies!!!! Even though I didn't go there, it would have been my first choice if they had a stronger education program. I went with CWU instead.

GO Huskies??? I KILL YOU!!!!!! .....RG3, RG3, RG3

dawglover
December 31st, 2011, 3:28 PM
Does Wyoming even educate their young adults?

They're kids are so smart coming out of grammer school they don't need any adult education. :)

gnatsum
December 31st, 2011, 8:17 PM
Satan doesn't control American Football. Jesus does...and he's VERY busy trying to keep up...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7879950/tim_tebow_snl_sketch/
From 'Saturday Night Live' a few weeks ago.

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2012, 5:27 AM
Washington's response to their defeat?
They just fired the entire defensive coaching staff. :))

Ludwig
January 1st, 2012, 6:22 AM
Baylor should consider doing the same. Neither team had a defense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2012, 6:57 AM
That defense of Baylor's is the result of their new defensive coach hired this past year.
They just need to recruit better on the defensive side.
Need a few more Mike Singletary's or Simeon Rice's.