PDA

View Full Version : December to Remember

cnjbond
December 15th, 2011, 9:45 PM
Well, it looks like another December collapse is in store for the Boyz and unless this secondary gets better, I only see them winning 1 out of their last 3 games.

As a side note, it looks like ol Wade should stick to being a Defensive Coordinator cause he's sitting pretty good with the NFL's number 1 ranked Defense, Division Champs and Playoff slot locked up with 3 games to play.

Night Owl
December 16th, 2011, 7:58 AM
If it happens again it won't be a December to remember.

cnjbond
December 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
And a 1 - 3 December it was. I guess the one positive is that Sunday's game was moved to a night game which means Troy Aikman won't be calling it, thereby removing the Aikman curse! :)

cnjbond
January 1st, 2012, 7:22 PM
Rain + Romo's injured hand = Uh Oh for the Boys!!

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2012, 8:12 PM
Not a good start.
Looks like they'll have a few months with the off season commencing around 11PM CST tonight.

cnjbond
January 1st, 2012, 8:20 PM
They look terrible, all the way around. There's no way this crap they're displaying on the field is a team that is trying to win a Division title and a playoff spot. I call BS on them saying they are mentally tough. This is the sorriest P.O.S team I've seen in awhile!

CenTexDave
January 1st, 2012, 9:07 PM
And Garrett is hardly much of a coach.
Jones needs to break this team of over-hyped, over paid prima donnas up and rebuild.

corgifan
January 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM
4 minutes to go, Boys are down by ten. Stick a fork in them. They're done.
It's going to be a looooong off season in Cowboy Land.
(Giants about to put the final nail in the coffin...)

corgifan
January 1st, 2012, 10:26 PM
Step one: Fire Garrett
Step two: Fire Ryan
Step three: Hire Cowher
Step four: Find some way to keep Jerry Jones out of the locker room and off of the field.

cnjbond
January 1st, 2012, 10:28 PM
It's going to be another disappointing season again next year if that secondary isn't addressed and another pass rusher isn't added to help D'Ware. That defense was just disgusting to say the least. I don't know how they can play so good on 1st & 2nd downs and then act like they are all rookies on 3rd down blowing coverage and assignments...this is one time I kind of feel sorry for Jerry Jones because this team definitely didn't play up to it's potential.

Already counting down for the draft...let's go Texans!!! :)

corgifan
January 1st, 2012, 10:32 PM
All in all not a bad game by Romo. 289 yards passing, two TD's and a 109 quarterback rating. You aren't going to win too many games against good quality teams with only 49 rushing yards on only 16 attempts.

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 5:25 AM
I agree with your solutions to this entire problem. Enough pussy-footing around by Jones. He needs to quit praising Garrett who has demonstrated he's not much of a coach.
They need a hard liners such as Cowher. These "nice guy" coaches don't get the job done.
The secondary is like a leaking bucket with holes in the bottom. They knew they had this problem years ago and still haven't addressed it, thinking a great defensive rush would suffice. They are wrong.
All in all, disappointing.

TheOldProgrammer
January 2nd, 2012, 7:34 AM
Step one: Fire Garrett
Step two: Fire Ryan
Step three: Hire Cowher
Step four: Find some way to keep Jerry Jones out of the locker room and off of the field.

Since your Step Four will never happen is why Step Three won't happen either...

:smoke

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 7:56 AM
Very true most likely. That moron Snyder who bought the Redskins learned that the hard way. Went through many great head coaches. Sure, he fired them, but I can only imagine the heated discussions in Snyder's office with Norv Turner, Marty Schottenheimer, etc.
Jones is a hell of a businessman, but a lousy owner.
Screw the Cowboys. l'll find somebody else to cheer for.

TheOldProgrammer
January 2nd, 2012, 8:19 AM
Jones went to the Al Davis School of Team Ownership... You see what that did to the Raiders...

:smoke

sojourner truth
January 2nd, 2012, 8:24 AM
Who knows, if we get lucky, RGIII will declare and Jones will try very hard to pick him up. The defense was about as bad as I have ever seen them. They need help. Maybe we should hope for some decent secondary types to show up at the draft table. Not some retreads from somewhere else either. We've seen enough Pac man Joneses already.

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 8:45 AM
SJ: Very true. But even RG3 is not the savior they need. It starts with that defense. Then add an offensive line that is half decent.
Sure are correct about the retreads. Jones gave up the farm to get Roy Williams and he wasn't worth a fraction of what he paid for him, but now Williams is doing good in Chicago. I think it's the Cowboys' system. And the QB. Romo likes certain receivers and ignores others.
Injuries didn't help this year, but everybody has them. So that's no excuse. Garrett is not a head coach. Period. Get rid of him. Pay him off and let him leave. Get rid of the entire coaching staff. They are retreads also. I am sure Norv Turner will be available later today or tomorrow. Get him. San Diego was bad this year, but not the head coach's fault. SD has lost so much talent in the past few years it was a wonder they were even competitive this year.
Use the draft - get defensive players first and foremost. Then plug a certain hole with a free agent.
But I know everybody in Cowboy land is really getting fed up with this.

cnjbond
January 2nd, 2012, 9:16 AM
I'll always be a Cowboy fan but my goodness it's hard rooting for them when they show no heart! I think they are obviously in much better shape offensively than defensively. I don't know why it seems to be so hard for them to bring in a few defensive backs that play solid...I'm not asking for Deion Sanders or Troy Polamalu, just some blue collar types that play fundamentally sound! I hope and pray that Terrence Newman isn't a starting corner next year because that joker is the most overrated DB I've seen in a long time. He was "above average" at best even in his prime years. I think he might need to move to safety if he wants to keep playing. I think the Red-headed Genius did an ok job for his first full year at the helm, I'd like to see what the coaching staff does with a full off season.

Roy Williams was his own worst enemy when he was in Dallas, how soon you forget that brick hands couldn't catch a cold! It had nothing to do with the system, maybe he couldn't handle the pressure of being a Cowboy.

As a side note, did anyone check out the stats on the Packers backup? He's going to be a free agent next year, but I'm sure the Pack will make sure and throw a decent figure his way to resign him...It sure would be nice if Jerry brought in someone to push Romo, actually he needs to bring in guys that will push everyone, no one's job should be guaranteed!

sojourner truth
January 2nd, 2012, 9:46 AM
Garrett ain't going anywhere according to Jones...If that's the case, they need to fix what's broke, and that means a new secondary. I have never seen a more pitiful pass defense in my life. Is it just me, or did it seem like the philosophy is to let the receiver catch the ball and then try to tackle him, or strip the ball from him? That's no way to defend the goal line. Maybe they got so tired of interference calls they just got gunshy. All I know is that they need some more agression and talent in their DB's. Ryan seems to have the right spirit, it just isn't rubbing off on his players. They need some healthy running backs too. Getting Jones off the sidelines ain't going to happen either. Sadly. Maybe if he was down there holding a few contracts with a cigarette lighter under them he would inspire a bit more that patting the goofballs on the back.

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM
Hopefully DeMarco Murray will totally recover from his injury. Marion Barber ain't starting to look so bad now, is he? Or Tashard Choice??
Agree - the secondary sucks. Only worse one I've seen is Baylor's. :)):))

cnjbond
January 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
I don't see things changing any time soon. The only thing that will make Jerry realize what he's been doing for all these years isn't working is when fans quit showing up to Jerry World. That guy could sell ice to an Eskimo...every year we believe the hype that the Cowboys are primed to be a great football team with a chance to make it to the Superbowl and every year we see the same old pathetic team that can't play its way out of a wet paper bag towards the end of the season when "good" teams play their best football. I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed...I wonder if we can get Okray to start a recall of the Cowboy's front office?!!! :thumbsup

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hey, could be worse. At least they're mostly competitive.
Rick and I have been so disappointed the past decade of the "new" Cleveland Browns. Their owner is an idiot who would rather invest in his soccer team. Not sure if that's Manchester United, but he owns one of the biggees over there in England.

cnjbond
January 2nd, 2012, 4:59 PM
WOW, I didn't see this coming!!!!

Dallas Cowboys Release Jerry Jones (http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/dallas-cowboys-release-jerry-jones,2815/)

Disclaimer: This if from The Onion...It's a joke!

CenTexDave
January 2nd, 2012, 6:59 PM
:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl

Night Owl
January 3rd, 2012, 8:47 AM
5/5 too dang funny.

Ludwig
January 3rd, 2012, 9:23 AM
I was so happy, then I read the disclaimer. Darn!

cnjbond
January 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
And a 1 - 3 December it was. I guess the one positive is that Sunday's game was moved to a night game which means Troy Aikman won't be calling it, thereby removing the Aikman curse! :)
I guess there's no cure for the "No Defense" Curse!