PDA

View Full Version : NA$CAR News...

TheOldProgrammer
December 13th, 2011, 3:26 PM
All gleaned from Jayski...

RPM considering Kurt Busch in #43 car? Sirius XM NASCAR Radio's Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody has learned that in an effort to retain sponsor Best Buy, Richard Petty Motorsports has proposed replacing AJ Allmendinger as driver of the legendary #43 Ford with Busch. RPM struggled to re-sign Best Buy a year ago, negotiating until early January before inking a one-year contract. The electronics retailer served as major sponsor of the #43 team in 26 events this season.
Richard Petty Motorsports Chief Operating Officer Robbie Loomis confirmed today that discussions have been held regarding Busch, saying, "Best Buy has been a great partner for a long time, and AJ Allmendinger has done a fantastic job for us. He's coming off his best season yet, but I can tell you there is a lot of interest on our part in having Kurt Busch in the fold. It makes sense to have Kurt with our team, if we can make it work.
"Our main focus is to continue building on what we finished the season with last year," said Loomis. "But right now, I feel like I'm running down two different sets of train tracks. From a personal standpoint, nothing has excited me more than when I heard Kurt had become available. I'm excited about the opportunity to add a driver like Kurt Busch to Richard Petty Motorsports. I would mortgage my house to make Kurt a part of this team. We value what he has done on the race track. He has won a (Sprint Cup) championship and worked for a first-class operation like Penske Racing. Guys like that don't come along every day."
Allmendinger finished 15th in 2011 Sprint Cup Series championship points, with one Top-5 and 10 Top-10 finishes. His best finish was a fifth in the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in late May. Busch won a pair of races this season at Infineon and Dover en route to 11th in points, tallying eight Top-5 and 16 Top-10 finishes. He parted company with Penske Racing earlier this month, in the aftermath of a much-publicized verbal confrontation with ESPN pit reporter Dr. Jerry Punch during the 2011 season finale at Homestead Miami Speedway (Sirius Speedway).
AND no word what Allmendinger would do IF this happens; and not too sure Jack Roush [who Busch drove for before Penske and had issues with], who team supplies cars and engines to RPM would allow this to happen.(12-13-2011)

And just what business it is of Jack Roush who a team hires to drive the car? btw; Doug Yates builds the engines... SPEED is reporting that Almendinger is out at RPM...

Stewart wins 2011 Driver of the Year Award: #14-Tony Stewart was voted both 2011 Driver of the Year and Fourth Quarter winner, respectively, by an elite panel of broadcasters and journalists. Unlike this year's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship, decided in a tiebreaker, the voting in the Annual - as well as the fourth quarter - were landslides. Stewart was also voted Driver of the Year in 2005 after his second NASCAR Sprint Cup title. The Columbus, Ind., native put on a performance not seen before in the Chase with five wins in the season's final 10 races in the #14 Office Depot/Mobil 1 Chevy. Journalist and broadcasters, who voted in a secret ballot for a single driver, gave Stewart 15 votes, Carl Edwards, Dario Franchitti, Jason Meyers and Del Worsham all received one vote. In the quarterly voting Stewart beat Edwards and Meyers (162-73-51, respectively) getting all but one of the first place votes.(DOTY)(12-13-2011)

Sorry Owl, your favorite driver didn't win...

NASCAR will use HD instant replay system: Telestream, the leading provider of video transcoding and workflow automation systems, announced that it has created a new High Definition (HD) instant replay system for NASCAR race control officials. Developed for the start of the 2012 racing season, Telestream's new Replay multichannel video player combines with its Pipeline HD video capture system to provide instant capture and display of 18 high definition 720p camera feeds. This allows race officials to instantly see detailed information to make rapid decisions about on-track aspects of the race. Telestream's Pipeline HD video capture system simultaneously acquires multiple camera feeds in high-quality Apple ProRes 720p as well as other HD and SD formats. Video feeds are delivered to shared storage where they are available for immediate playback, editing during capture, or transcoding to other file formats. Telestream's Replay multichannel video player provides instant, synchronous multichannel playback of multiple HD camera feeds for simultaneous review and analysis of incidents from different camera angles. The player also allows officials to easily locate any camera and scrub forward or backward through any portion of the event video.(Telestream)(12-13-2011)

Everyone else is using instant replay so why not NA$CAR...

:smoke

TheOldProgrammer
December 13th, 2011, 3:37 PM
Update from SPEED...

Kurt Busch might be in a third car at RPM with Almendinger staying put...

Night Owl
December 13th, 2011, 8:31 PM
Kurt will have a ride next year. $$$ talks.

gnatsum
December 13th, 2011, 11:27 PM
The name of the company that build the engines for RPM is RoushYates...well, the MAILING address says 'Roush & Yates Racing Engines'
They've been branching out into other race series...like Pro Stock drag racing and DIRT modifieds!
http://www.roushyates.com/

TheOldProgrammer
December 14th, 2011, 6:02 AM
The name of the company that build the engines for RPM is RoushYates...well, the MAILING address says 'Roush & Yates Racing Engines'
They've been branching out into other race series...like Pro Stock drag racing and DIRT modifieds!
http://www.roushyates.com/

I totally realize that it's Roush/Yates but Doug Yates is the engine builder... Roush just has to have his name on everything he touches... And his name must be first in every venture...

My question still stands: where does he (Roush) get off having a say in who a team, in this case RPM, hires to drive the car?