PDA

View Full Version : HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CenTexDave
December 10th, 2011, 8:03 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

cnjbond
December 10th, 2011, 8:06 PM
WooHoo!!!!! Awesome, just awesome!

dawglover
December 10th, 2011, 8:28 PM
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!!!!!! He did it, he did it, he did it!!! My man RG3 is the Heisman winner! Yahooo!!!!! I'm so happy. :):):)

Grammar Rules
December 10th, 2011, 8:30 PM
What a poised, intelligent, talented, and worthy young man. Sic 'em Bears! Congratulations to Robert and his lovely family.

Rick
December 10th, 2011, 8:36 PM
Amazing!!! :thumbsup

siamcat
December 10th, 2011, 8:55 PM
Congratulation!

Iteachtoo
December 10th, 2011, 8:59 PM
What a poised, intelligent, talented, and worthy young man. Sic 'em Bears! Congratulations to Robert and his lovely family.

I second your words, I was thoroughly impressed with this young man. His speech focused on his team, not himself, what an incredibly humble young man as well as all of the above. He put Central Texas on the map!!! Runner-up was also a Texas boy!

JohnKilleen
December 10th, 2011, 9:10 PM
This is great.... so happy for this fine young man.

corgifan
December 10th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't you LOVE it if he somehow got picked up by the Cowboys in the draft while they simultaneously trade away Tony Romo?
I might just start rooting for the 'Boys!

xzochye
December 10th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Wouldn't you LOVE it if he somehow got picked up by the Cowboys in the draft while they simultaneously trade away Tony Romo?
I might just start rooting for the 'Boys!

He is just getting started, don't ruin him yet. He needs to find a really good team to play for. Not the Cowgirls.

dawglover
December 10th, 2011, 11:00 PM
If the Cowboys don't go after RG3 in the draft, first pick in the first round, then Jerry Jones should get his ass kicked. I'm wouldn't mind him going to the Houston Texans if he doesn't get picked by the Cowboys. One thing is certain, with that Heisman RG3 is an early first rounder, maybe even the #1 pick in the entire draft. Very soon he will be the richest man in Central Texas. If anyone deserves this, RG3 does, that's for sure. I also think Luck, another Texan, showed himself to be a very good sport and a true and humble gentleman. This class will be like the class when Marino and Elway came in to the NFL together. They both became superstars, all-pros, and Hall of Famers. I predict the same for RG3 and Luck.

P.S. I watched RG3 almost every Friday night (home games) in Cove for three years. I can now say I knew and witnessed a Heisman winner back in the beginning when it all started. …and yes, you damn right I’m boasting about it.

bbh
December 10th, 2011, 11:54 PM
You should boast about it, dawglover! And I loved the shout-out he gave to Cove and its fans! You guys should be very proud!

My husband went to the Baylor-UT game, with tickets on the UT side. He always agonizes over that game because he started at Baylor, switched and got his degree at UT, then went back to Baylor for grad school. He usually goes to at least one Texas game and one UT game, plus the BU-UT matchup, each year. This time, he wore his Baylor shirt and cap in the middle of all those orange-and-white fans. Said he had to do it because of RG3's chances for the Heisman. We were very, very happy at our house tonight!

Night Owl
December 11th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Well deserved.

CenTexDave
December 11th, 2011, 4:55 AM
I hope you're right, DawgLover, but an early first rounder in the draft? I don't know. Heisman trophy winning QB's don't necessarilly translate to success in the NFL. The Heisman trophy is for college, not a pedigree for success in the NFL - witness Troy Smith, Eric Crouch, Jon White, and many other great college QB's.
He definitely has the potential and I sure hope some team gives him a legitimate shot at it.

dawglover
December 11th, 2011, 2:24 PM
I hope you're right, DawgLover, but an early first rounder in the draft? I don't know. Heisman trophy winning QB's don't necessarilly translate to success in the NFL. The Heisman trophy is for college, not a pedigree for success in the NFL - witness Troy Smith, Eric Crouch, Jon White, and many other great college QB's.
He definitely has the potential and I sure hope some team gives him a legitimate shot at it.

I here you but hey, this kid, RG3, is special. He is an all-purpose QB. I heard him say this morning that growing up he was a Bronco fan and his idol was John Elway. I think that's a very good comparison, Elway & RG3, when compared to Elway (an all-purpose QB) right out of Stanford. The only thing different is their complexion. We all know how great Elway was. He was one of the best QB’s to ever play the game; perhaps even the best that there ever was. If Denver didn't already have Tim Tebo they'd probably be fighting to draft RG3. Maybe they still will. But, to bad. RG3 is going to be a Cowboy. I insist on it!!!

CenTexDave
December 11th, 2011, 10:04 PM
Ah, the Broncos. But they won again today, and are now in first place in their Division. Doubtful RG3 will be on the draft board that late in the first round.
ESPN has done a mock draft already. Andrew Luck is going #1, no doubt about that. After that, it will depend on what a team's real needs are. They have RG3 going #5 to the (gulp!!) Redskins!!!!!!!!!:(

Night Owl
December 12th, 2011, 7:13 AM
That is assuming he comes out. I don't think he will.

CenTexDave
December 12th, 2011, 11:10 AM
I think he will. He's still in NYC. He was on CBS Morning Show this morning. Didn't see it, but heard it on the radio. Is on Letterman tonight.

dawglover
December 12th, 2011, 1:10 PM
Ah, the Broncos. But they won again today, and are now in first place in their Division. Doubtful RG3 will be on the draft board that late in the first round.
ESPN has done a mock draft already. Andrew Luck is going #1, no doubt about that. After that, it will depend on what a team's real needs are. They have RG3 going #5 to the (gulp!!) Redskins!!!!!!!!!:(
How dare you!!!! Noooo!!! Hell no! The Redskins? Never, never, never!!!! It must and it will be the Cowboys who get RG3. I know this. It must be so because I said so. The Cowboys will do a deal to get an early first round pick so they can nab RG3. Count on it.

CenTexDave
December 12th, 2011, 4:06 PM
I hope you're right my friend.

cnjbond
December 15th, 2011, 4:43 PM
As much as I'm not sold on Romo, I think there are other GLARING needs the Boyz must address first, starting with any position you want in the secondary!