PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Busch’s future is bleak after ousting at Penske

TheOldProgrammer
December 6th, 2011, 3:22 PM
I think 'bleak' is an understatement but what do I know...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=AgE8CX9Ps2QZj9aLTvvsweDov7YF?slug=jh-kurt_busch_fired_penske-120511

Hope he saved all his earnings... He's gonna need them...

:smoke

Night Owl
December 6th, 2011, 4:25 PM
He will get a ride from someone. Wait and see.

TheOldProgrammer
December 7th, 2011, 6:52 AM
Sure he will Owl... But, IMO, it will be some 2nd rate team who has no chance of winning anything...

Night Owl
December 7th, 2011, 7:19 AM
He is a top 10-15 driver and a team would be foolish not to put him behind the wheel. He may not be the role model type but he knows how to drive. Maybe this taste of humble pie will help him out. Maybe???

mac
December 7th, 2011, 12:08 PM
isn't he an owner or maybe part owner of a nationwide or truck team....or maybe that's kyle. one of 'em is....mac

TheOldProgrammer
December 7th, 2011, 3:06 PM
His brother owns a truck series team... I thought I read somewhere that Kurt owns an NHRA Pro Stock team...

gnatsum
December 7th, 2011, 7:34 PM
Kurt drove for a Pro Stock team this year or last. He didn't own the car.
He DOES own a '70 Dodge Challenger that's been tweaked for drag racing.

Eli Gold's weekly race show on 101.7 yesterday claimed that Kurt might try a run at Pro Stock next year, but that story I linked to another thread here noted that Kurt CLAIMED that he didn't have "fun" drag racing...so who knows?

Maybe if the Red Bull team survives (Red Bull's previous announcement that they were ending their NASCAR team sponsorship), Kurt could take Kasey Kahne's old ride...