PDA

View Full Version : VoteObrien.org Now Closed

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2011, 8:02 AM
Thanks to all who voted for RGIII for the Davey O'Brien Award as college's best QB.
Voting is now closed. The website counts for 5% of the vote total for the award.
And RGIII wins the vote on the website. :)

Night Owl
December 5th, 2011, 8:09 AM
So my votes took him over the top.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2011, 8:28 AM
I have 4 email addresses and voted 4 times each day.
I hope he wins this one and the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award.
Nothing against Andrew Luck, but Griffin has the highest QB rating and completion percentage in college football, and threw for more yards, in less attempts, than Luck.
Trent Richardson, Alabama's RB, may win the Heisman. Please - cut me a break.

Night Owl
December 5th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Ok, what do you want broke this time?:)

RGIII may deserve it but that doesn't mean he will win it. Actually if he wants an NFL career he might not want to win it. Very few Hesiman winners have had an impact at the pro level.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2011, 10:36 AM
He won't win the Heisman - will go to Richardson or Luck because they are on two highly ranked teams.
Baylor did end up as #12 in the final BCS standings - not bad at all.

Night Owl
December 5th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I couldn't stand the shots taken at him by the announcers during the UT game. They kept stating that he had better personnel around him than Luck or Keenan did. Said it about 20 times. Pissed me off.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Yeah, that "better personnel" defense was among the worst in the country until the second half of the UT game. Baylor's kicking game is also no good.
Agree that the running game is good - that Ganaway is a real horse, and Kendall Wright is an excellent WR.
That broadcast team was, I believe, the Longhorn Network team. Of course Baylor had better personnel. Couldn't be that UT just sucked the past two years?? Of course not, not with Mack Brown the highest paid college coach in history. :))