PDA

View Full Version : One Day costume jewelry sale and auction benefiting 2nd Chance Monday, 12-5-11

poundpup
December 4th, 2011, 8:52 PM
Centex Humane Society is hosting their online event Monday, December 5th!

25% of TOTAL sales through my site today will go back to this great rescue!
http://threescoopsofvanilla.com/featurednonprofit.html

Just shop til you drop. :)

Here is a sample image of the merchandise she has:

There will also be a FACEBOOK AUCTION until 7 pm. on her Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Three-Scoops-Of-Vanilla/96096596234?sk=wall

From this Auction 50% of profits will be donated to the society.

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2011, 9:19 PM
Have you still got 'Misty"? Please say no....

poundpup
December 11th, 2011, 8:06 PM
Sorry, Sojourner, I did not see this post previously ... are you talking about this dog:
http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/18648359

According to the listings she is still there... at any time, it is better to call up to the shelter to find out, since I do not have the active inventory of animals out there. :) 254-526-6200

I will check on it for you ...

Ludwig
December 11th, 2011, 8:20 PM
Gosh that's a fine looking dog. If I did not have my two little ones, which Misty could down in one gulp each, and a cat I could consider adopting Misty. I hope she finds a good home.

poundpup
December 11th, 2011, 9:21 PM
Yes, Misty is still there. There is a question though if she is to be adopted with her "sister" or whether she can be adopted alone. I will be able to clarify tomorrow night, or you can call 526-6200 :)

sojourner truth
December 12th, 2011, 11:37 AM
I'll show the picture to my wife, which will get her bawling. Maybe I can convince her, but she's pretty stubborn about these things. Hope the donations are going well.

poundpup
December 12th, 2011, 7:45 PM
I checked ... Misty is there, but she has to be adopted out with her sister. They have always been together, and are staying in the kennel together. They comfort each other, and it would be cruel to separate them now. They walked together in the Christmas parade :)

As for donations ... I am only on top of online donations ... but heard that we had a couple of generous donors in the last week - which I think is awesome... Now if it could keep going like that!! LOL ... any help is appreciated, seriously. People don't realize in general that the Centex Humane Society does not receive federal or state funding. I am trying to figure out how to get corporate sponsorships... but have not found anyone interested so far. Without continuous income and corporate commitment, we will not be able to bring in a low cost spay/neuter clinic, nor improve the facility to meet state requirements, and many other plans we have ...
I have so many ideas of improving the quality of life for the long term residents ...

If anyone here knows of an animal friend business that would care to help us with regular (tax-deductible) income... please, don't be shy to PM me.

:rose

xzochye
December 15th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Will places like petsmart and petco sponser?

poundpup
December 16th, 2011, 7:56 PM
Petsmart and Petco do a lot for us. They let us setup our adoptable animals on weekends, Petco supports us with discounts on food, and their calendar sales. In order to reliably run the shelter, we have to have paid staff, which is our largest expense every month. In this area we are unable to muster reliable, long term volunteers to run the day to day operations. We have many people who come in to walk dogs, we have several units that come in and help with grounds maintenance, but we cannot get enough volunteers to clean the kennels, feed the dogs, vet the dogs, and do all the same for the cats. So we have to pay people to do this work.

Ludwig
December 16th, 2011, 8:01 PM
Let me see if I spend a little less time volunteering for the sake of fellow human beings so I can spare some time for your puppies; as far as I'm concerned the cats will have to fend for themselves though.

poundpup
December 16th, 2011, 8:12 PM
Ludwig, the humans need care, too ... we don't have enough of us going around ...