PDA

View Full Version : Penske Racing South FIRES KURT BUSCH!!

gnatsum
December 4th, 2011, 8:50 PM
http://www.thatsracin.com/2011/12/04/80040/penske-racing-fires-kurt-busch.html
Part of the story:
"Busch will not return next season to drive Penske Racing's No. 22 Dodge, multiple sources confirmed to the Observer and ThatsRacin.com on Sunday night.

An official announcement of Busch's departure from the organization is expected from Penske on Monday.

Just over a week ago NASCAR fined Busch $50,000 for the use of an obscene gesture and a profanity-laced tirade directed toward a media member during the Cup series finale race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

The incident with ESPN reporter Dr. Jerry Punch, which took place in the garage after Busch's car broke its transmission, was caught on video and posted on YouTube.

At the time, Penske Racing officials issued a statement saying they were reviewing the matter internally.

Asked if he could confirm Busch as the driver of the No. 22 team in 2012, Penske spokesman Jonathan Gibson referred to its previous statement and said the organization would have no further comment at this time."

Rick
December 5th, 2011, 6:43 AM
No big loss to racing...Bye bye Kurt.

TheOldProgrammer
December 5th, 2011, 6:53 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy... Merry Christmas Kurt!!!!!

When will JGR give up and fire his brother? That would make for the perfect NA$CAR Christmas...

Sorry to say Rick, but he'll probably sign on with some other team though he'll likely be no more than a 'rolling back marker'...

:smoke

jackiebee65
December 5th, 2011, 2:06 PM
He and his punk brother should start their own team. Punk Azz Racing. Go find sponsors that want your kinda publicity and make a go of it. Idiots. Both of them

Night Owl
December 5th, 2011, 4:13 PM
They are just misunderstood.:)

TheOldProgrammer
December 5th, 2011, 4:36 PM
They are just misunderstood.:)

:bluerofl :bluerofl :bluerofl :bluerofl :bluerofl

Oops, this isn't the Joke Section is it?

gnatsum
December 5th, 2011, 7:09 PM
Found a new story on Kurt's dismissal from Penske. He claims he WASN'T fired, but that it was a 'release'.
He notes that "(F)or him it was about the fun he wasn't having. And not having fun, he admitted, contributed greatly to the well-publicized radio meltdowns and media confrontations.

And those tirades, he said, compromised Roger Penske's business relationships with sponsors. That's why Penske agreed to split, he said.

"When you're taking away his ability to make the money work for all of his businesses, you're hurting him in a big way," Busch said. "I did that with my off-track skirmishes and things that happened. I admit, I have some problems and I've made mistakes."

Kurt notes that he couldn't QUITE fully fit in with Roger's professional regimen there.
Kurt claims he's gotten many positive contacts from others...uh huh, that's what he says here!: "Calls from industry insiders, from sponsors and owners and crew members, have been incessant and invariably positive, he said."
And Kurt claims that he wasn't "having fun"...INCLUDING that NHRA Pro Stock run he did this year!!

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7319394/nascar-kurt-busch-seeking-fresh-start

TheOldProgrammer
December 6th, 2011, 6:57 AM
Wasn't fired? Is Kurt Busch that stupid? Rhetorical question...

Incessant calls? I think not!!!!!

Of course he didn't fit in with The Captain... The Captain's a class act where Kurt Busch is a bottom feeder...