PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Shines and Baylor Stomps Texas

CenTexDave
December 3rd, 2011, 8:02 PM
If he doesn't win the Heisman or at least one of the other awards these voters should be shot!! :)

Night Owl
December 3rd, 2011, 8:05 PM
He had a great game and deserves whatever he gets. He is at a disadvantage because he plays for Baylor.

cnjbond
December 3rd, 2011, 8:37 PM
Just, WOW!!! That kid is amazing!!!!

dawglover
December 3rd, 2011, 10:57 PM
Just, WOW!!! That kid is amazing!!!!
You better believe he is. i watched RGIII shine for three years in high school at Copperas Cove games. Not only is he a great athlete, he is also a great person. His mom raised him right. He is very smart (straight A student in high school), polite, humble and a terrific role model. Just the kind of young man you'd want to make it in the pro's and to win the Heisman.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2011, 4:49 AM
I've known this kid since his days at Lee Jr. High. He's been very good friends with my daughter for years. He's been over to my house many times. Polite is an understatement. It's always "Yes, Sir", or "No, Sir". He is a shining example of what a college or pro athlete should be. I hope he makes the right decision about turning pro and declaring for the draft. I'd love to watch him for one more year at Baylor.
Vote daily on ESPN for the Heisman and voteobrien.org for the Davey O'Brien Award. He deserves it.

cnjbond
December 4th, 2011, 8:01 AM
I've known this kid since his days at Lee Jr. High. He's been very good friends with my daughter for years. He's been over to my house many times. Polite is an understatement. It's always "Yes, Sir", or "No, Sir". He is a shining example of what a college or pro athlete should be. I hope he makes the right decision about turning pro and declaring for the draft. I'd love to watch him for one more year at Baylor.
Vote daily on ESPN for the Heisman and voteobrien.org for the Davey O'Brien Award. He deserves it.
It would probably be wise of him to go ahead and declare for the NFL (if he wants to turn pro) instead of playing another year at Baylor. His risk of injury is higher with his style of play.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2011, 10:28 AM
I think you are right on that, plus that big hoss of a running back, Ganaway, and his main WR, Wright, are both seniors and will be gone.

noone
December 4th, 2011, 6:04 PM
It would probably be wise of him to go ahead and declare for the NFL (if he wants to turn pro) instead of playing another year at Baylor. His risk of injury is higher with his style of play.

He does seem to be injury prone.

CenTexDave
December 4th, 2011, 7:24 PM
Texas Tech tried to kill him throughout that game. He suffered a mild concussion, was fine a while later but held out for concerns it would get worse.
His soph year was just a break - tore his ACL when cutting on a run. I was there. Went to the sideline, ran up and down, peddled a stationary bike, went back in the next series and had a fabulous rest of the first half. During halftime they knew something was wrong and then an MRI the next day confirmed his torn ACL.
I don't think he's injury prone. Many players get injured.

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2011, 9:09 PM
What happened to the defense? It's a damn good thing the offense is beyond belief and superhuman.

CenTexDave
December 5th, 2011, 5:30 AM
That's the thing - if Baylor's defense played as well all year as they did in the second half against Texas they'd bea a Top 10 team. The offense is the best in the country.
And in final stats just release - RGIII leads the country in QB rating and percentage of completions.
And he's only third in the Heisman voters' minds?
What a crock.
But then that's what the BCS is - one big crock of sh*t.