PDA

View Full Version : Justice for Kenny!

Chattycatty
December 2nd, 2011, 8:55 PM
I am begging everybody to please click on the 2 links below and read the story about Kenny, the very special blue-eyed Dachshund, that was so brutally murdered and dumped, while his family search for him day & night for 22 days. Not only did a neighbor kill Kenny, he then tormented the owner by leaving Kenny's collar in a ziploc bag at her mailbox and allowed her to continue her search for him. Even though fliers were placed all over the neighborhood, neighborhood emails had been sent out about her search for him and he even allowed her to spend the money to hire a search team, when he could have told her the truth and ended the searching and the hope of finding Kenny. Please help us get Justice for Kenny, and his owner by joining the "Justice for Kenny" Facebook page and signing the petition to help bring this monsterous pet killer to justice! Thank you!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-For-Kenny/290307477676005#!/pages/Justice-For-Kenny/290307477676005?sk=info

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/937/724/068/

Ludwig
December 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
Lovely dog. I"m sad that he"s dead. I disagree with the alleged taunting. However, I need to know more about the circumstances surrounding his alleged shooting.

Grammar Rules
December 2nd, 2011, 10:30 PM
Seriously?

Grammar Rules
December 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
I think.

Chattycatty
December 2nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
This is NO joke! Kenny was my pet. He's was shot and killed by a neighbor after an argument with my son in law. Then he sat in his house, 2 houses up from me, while I searched for 22 days! Had he not bragged to another neighbor, I would have never found out what happened to Kenny, who I got when my niece passed away on Memorial Day 2011--I would NEVER joke about a situation this serious! He was named Kenny because my nieces name is MaKenzi and we called her Kenzi. Go to both of the links and read the story!

Ludwig
December 3rd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Where was Kenny when he was shot? If Kenny was in your yard or home that makes a great deal of difference as opposed to Kenny roaming loosly on the street and perhaps trespassing on the shooter's property. I have read both links and there is no information there in this regard.

Rotti_mama
December 3rd, 2011, 3:15 PM
What difference does make where he was ??? (Kenny)
I've seen dogs in my front yard more then once. I don't go out there and shoot them.
A grown up man shoots a little dog.....dump the body.....tells nobody!!!
What a MAN.
Ludwig..........are you related to him???????????????????????

Night Owl
December 3rd, 2011, 3:56 PM
No pet deserves this. The person who did this should be in jail. It is a fact tht a person who does these things is close to doing it to people.

spedkiddos
December 3rd, 2011, 4:00 PM
I have a dog that was dropped off by the house that stays in our front yard & on the porch. Never thought of shooting her. The neighbors down the street have 2 dogs that come to "visit". I don't know for sure if kenny was or wasn't on the guys property. Just because an animal that is not yours walks on to your property, doesn't give you the right to kill the animal. It then takes a cold hearted man that knows he was wrong to dump him down a dirt road. An even sicker individual to then go back get his collar and torture his neighbor with it. That guys not smart for going and bragging to another neighbor. All I can say is he needs to be locked up and get some mental help before a child walks near his property.

Ludwig
December 3rd, 2011, 4:11 PM
What difference does make where he was ??? (Kenny)
I've seen dogs in my front yard more then once. I don't go out there and shoot them.
A grown up man shoots a little dog.....dump the body.....tells nobody!!!
What a MAN.
Ludwig..........are you related to him???????????????????????

No need to get insulting just because I ask a few questions.

Seven years ago we had a Chocolate Lab who was shot at Montague Village and his body dumped on Clear Creek Road. I know how it feels, even when one does not know who the shooter is. I simply prefer to have the full story before I am willing to lay judgment and take action.

xzochye
December 3rd, 2011, 4:22 PM
No need to get insulting just because I ask a few questions.

Seven years ago we had a Chocolate Lab who was shot at Montague Village and his body dumped on Clear Creek Road. I know how it feels, even when one does not know who the shooter is. I simply prefer to have the full story before I am willing to lay judgment and take action.

I understand wanting the full story. Let's say the dog was on this mans property. Would this person look better in your eyes? I should hope not.

The only way I can justify the shooting of a dog is if it is sick (rabies) or if it is attacking someone. This was a little chihuahua I find it hard to believe he was attacking someone and the ONLY option was shooting him.

This man went beyond shooting the dog. He shot him, dumped the body, teased the owners with his collar and bragged about it.

No matter who you, him or the media spins it he is sick!

Ludwig
December 3rd, 2011, 4:26 PM
... This was a little chihuahua I find it hard to believe he was attacking someone and the ONLY option was shooting him...

Your post is a poster child for why I'm looking for the facts. You say it was a little chihuahua when the initial report said it was a dachshund. No one knows if the dog was attacking someone or something or not. The circumstances have not been brought to light. And, yes, they do make a difference for me.

xzochye
December 3rd, 2011, 5:04 PM
Your post is a poster child for why I'm looking for the facts. You say it was a little chihuahua when the initial report said it was a dachshund. No one knows if the dog was attacking someone or something or not. The circumstances have not been brought to light. And, yes, they do make a difference for me.

Sorry dachshund not chihuahua. Still a small dog. If IF it was attacking it could have been kicked a couple of times. Still doesn't warrant shooting it.

poundpup
December 4th, 2011, 9:28 PM
Just a word of sanity. This is a very heated issue.
Texas State Law states that you are authorized to shoot a stray (unknown) or known dangerous dog or coyote if they attack you or your animals.

HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE

TITLE 10. HEALTH AND SAFETY OF ANIMALS

CHAPTER 822. REGULATION OF ANIMALS

Sec. 822.013. DOGS OR COYOTES THAT ATTACK ANIMALS. (a) A dog or coyote that is attacking, is about to attack, or has recently attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may be killed by:
(1) any person witnessing the attack; or
(2) the attacked animal's owner or a person acting on behalf of the owner if the owner or person has knowledge of the attack.
(b) A person who kills a dog or coyote as provided by this section is not liable for damages to the owner, keeper, or person in control of the dog or coyote.
(c) A person who discovers on the person's property a dog or coyote known or suspected of having killed livestock, domestic animals, or fowls may detain or impound the dog or coyote and return it to its owner or deliver the dog or coyote to the local animal control authority. The owner of the dog or coyote is liable for all costs incurred in the capture and care of the dog or coyote and all damage done by the dog or coyote.
(d) The owner, keeper, or person in control of a dog or coyote that is known to have attacked livestock, domestic animals, or fowls shall control the dog or coyote in a manner approved by the local animal control authority.
(e) A person is not required to acquire a hunting license under Section 42.002, Parks and Wildlife Code, to kill a dog or coyote under this section.
Added by Acts 1989, 71st Leg., ch. 678, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1989. Renumbered from Health & Safety Code Sec. 822.033 and amended by Acts 2003, 78th Leg., ch. 1002, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 2003.
Read the whole section here: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/HS/htm/HS.822.htm

Rick
December 4th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Hey Ludwig, just a thought, but maybe, just maybe, Chattycatty didn't realize that she was to provide "beyond reasonable doubt" :rolleyes proof when posting something on a talk forum while grieving over the loss of a pet. Maybe posting here was an outlet for her and what would be so wrong about leaving it at that? She wasn't asking for anything but an ear.

The person who did this is heartless and cruel and there is no doubt in my mind that someone this mean would be capable of even more henious and mean actions.

Ludwig
December 4th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Rick, I have no objection to anything you posted above. Having lost a dog under similar circumstances, I have total compassion with Chattycatty. Had she not posted:

Please help us get Justice for Kenny, and his owner by joining the "Justice for Kenny" Facebook page and signing the petition to help bring this monsterous pet killer to justice! Thank you! I would have been there completely and not asked a single question.

sjacksis
December 20th, 2011, 12:54 PM
The shooter claims the dachshund was attacking his chickens, and killed one?

Either way, it's a sad story. Hope the pup's in doggy heaven.

FieryPrincess
December 22nd, 2011, 11:56 PM
If that story is true, there was a much better way of extracting justice than shooting the dog.

Ludwig
December 23rd, 2011, 7:15 AM
If that story is true, there was a much better way of extracting justice than shooting the dog.

There are differing ways of bringing justice. That is true. Shooting the miscreant is sure and certain to prevent repetition of the crime. That is what a man can expect if, for example, he makes the choice to break into my home. Whether your way is "better" is a matter of opinion.