PDA

View Full Version : DOGS VS. CATS

dawglover
November 22nd, 2011, 9:49 AM
From a Dog's Daily Diary
8:00 a.m. - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 a.m. - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 a.m. - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 a.m. - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 p.m. - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 p.m. - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 p.m. - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 p.m. - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 p.m. - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 p.m. - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 p.m. - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

From a Cat's Daily Diary...
Day 983 of my captivity.
My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.

They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to keep up my strength.

The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of escape. In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made condescending comments about what a "good little hunter" I am. Bastards.

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event. However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that my confinement was due to the power of "allergies." I must learn what this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try this again tomorrow - but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches. The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously mentally challenged.
The bird has got to be an informant. I observe him communicating with the guards regularly. I am certain that he reports my every move. My captors have arranged protective custody for him in an elevated cell, so he is safe. For now.......

christine
November 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
5/5

Night Owl
November 22nd, 2011, 12:29 PM
5/5 and people wonder why dogs are man's best friend.

christine
November 22nd, 2011, 2:04 PM
5/5 and people wonder why dogs are man's best friend.

No mystery there ;-)

siamcat
November 22nd, 2011, 7:36 PM
Too funny. I love both, adore both, and have both.

Dawglover you must have had a cat at one time though:).

Scarlett
November 22nd, 2011, 9:39 PM
Interesting mixture at my house. We have two cats and a dog. The cats are so completely different from each other. They are HUGE cats, with long, gray hair. The older one, Sassy, could have written this diary entry. She probably did. She sits upstairs on the balcony rail and looks down upon us mortals with nothing but contempt in her eyes. She will sleep with the kids, and allow them the honor of petting her on occasion, but every time I enter the room she makes a low growl and struts out of the room. I try to tell her that I am the one who buys her food and pays her bills, but that just gets a look tossed over her shoulder and she keeps going.

My puppy...all puppy. Kleio loves any and all attention, enjoys absolutely everything. She sees the world through eyes that I wish we all could see the world through. Every day is a gift, and every tall blade of grass is just something worth exploring...

My other cat, Sammie, she thinks she is a dog I think. She greets me when I get home, and is always by my ankle. She sleeps on the bed and makes me feel loved. She is confused as to what species she is I believe. She even fetches! The only time she acts like a cat, and not a dog, is when the puppy is near her. That is when she looks at the poor puppy who really, really, really wants to play, and walks away from her.

Poor Kleio!

dawglover
November 23rd, 2011, 6:55 PM
Dawglover you must have had a cat at one time though:).

Yes, once upon a time when we were young and dumb we had cats. Then maturity and sanity took over and we have had dogs ever since. :)

engteach64
November 23rd, 2011, 7:18 PM
I was raised with cats. Love them. Converted to dogs. Love them more. There is a reason dog spelled backwards is God. They love us no matter what, are forgiving, love those who abuse them (curse those people), and still try to gain their love. No matter what scum do to dogs, they still thrive for affection. Those of us who are lucky enough to save those abused animals see the love they have been storing up for the right person, and reap the rewards.

We have 2 dogs, a male and a female. They are both old but still cuddle and love us. My daughter just moved home with her dog. The dog is less than a year old. It is like having a child in the house. I forgot how perky puppies are. The added dog is just that much more affection we get. The only problem is that Rogue hasn't completely trained my daughter yet. She's getting there. She will know everything Rogue wants soon, and will be perfectly trained like my son and I are.