PDA

View Full Version : Invitation to a Christmas Potluck Dinner

poundpup
November 20th, 2011, 8:22 AM
I figured I'd extend our invitation to my friends here at Centex Talk.
Feel free to join. No RSVP necessary.

invites you to join us for our annual
Christmas Party/Silent Auction

Killeen Community Center

Friday, Dec. 9 at 6:30 pm

This is a Potluck Dinner. Bring a dish and join us.
Win some awesome gifts or auction for others.
Ham and Turkey will be provided.
Tickets are $3.00 per person, which will also put you in the drawing for some of the gifts. Kids under 12 eat free.

sojourner truth
November 20th, 2011, 2:29 PM
Will it be OK to simply donate funds without staying to eat. If so, who do we give the dough to.:-)

Night Owl
November 20th, 2011, 7:15 PM
Is that baked or raw dough?:)

sojourner truth
November 20th, 2011, 7:42 PM
Is that baked or raw dough?:)
It's Playdough.:))

Night Owl
November 20th, 2011, 7:51 PM
What flavor? Red or green or yellow, or maybe even blue. :)

sojourner truth
November 20th, 2011, 9:25 PM
What flavor? Red or green or yellow, or maybe even blue. :)

Artillery red, of course. My wife and I take dog food and leftover medicines etc. to the shelters whenever we can. My fussy mutt will like a food for a month and then decides she doesn't like it any more, so we take whatever is left (plus a new, full bag) down there for a dog who isn't quite so fussy. Usually second chance since it's out by the airport.

poundpup
December 4th, 2011, 8:42 PM
Will it be OK to simply donate funds without staying to eat. If so, who do we give the dough to.:-)

Sorry it has been so long with my answer ... I was busy taking care of animals.

I take any money you have to give ;)

... but seriously, we have a paypal.com account set up for easy online donations. You can just make a donation to donations@centexhumanesociety.com. Or you can send a check to 5501 Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549 • 254-526-6200

sojourner truth
December 4th, 2011, 9:25 PM
Thank you for answering. I know you folks are busy, I've been down there a time or two. I think the pups deserve a little gift from Santa too, don't you? You are just down the road from the Killeen Airport for those who don't know where to bring the presents.

poundpup
December 4th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Yes, we are on Clear Creek, between Stan Schlueter and the Airport. We always need blankets, towels, and here is our standing wish list:
http://www.centexhumanesociety.com/documents/wishlist.pdf

Thank you! But please, feel free to come out to our Christmas celebration... we are hoping to have a large crowd and are prepared to share our evening with 200 people.

sojourner truth
December 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
OK, I did my thing and took out blankets, towells, and a check. It would be nice if a few more of you dropped by and said Merry Christmas to the workers and critters. They'll even give you a great big kiss. ( The critters that is):-)

Night Owl
December 5th, 2011, 12:02 PM
I'm afraid to go. My wife would fall in love with some pups and then I would have a housefull. We just lost my sheltie Baron. He was twelve and last Friday morning I woke up and found him. That was tough but he is with my other sheltie that we lost last year. He was a rescue pup and the transformation from when we got him to now was simply amazing. Went from a pup that was scared of everyone to one that would meet you at the door wanting your attention. We are now a two pup home and both are dachshunds.

Ludwig
December 5th, 2011, 12:06 PM
My condolence on your loss. If I were to loose my Heidi they could well bury me beside her. BTW: That's not my wife's name.

sojourner truth
December 5th, 2011, 1:29 PM
I'm afraid to go. My wife would fall in love with some pups and then I would have a housefull. We just lost my sheltie Baron. He was twelve and last Friday morning I woke up and found him. That was tough but he is with my other sheltie that we lost last year. He was a rescue pup and the transformation from when we got him to now was simply amazing. Went from a pup that was scared of everyone to one that would meet you at the door wanting your attention. We are now a two pup home and both are dachshunds.

Yeah, I had to go inside by myself. Mrs. Truth wouldn't come in because they have a female in there named Misty that is a clone of her favorite dog we lost last year. She didn't want another one, but when I showed her our new pup, her heart melted. You can go to their website and donate if you want. Ther were a lot of blanket and towell donations in there when I went today, but they can always use more. It's cold, and the dogs need the extra protection, even though they keep most of them well protected. A cash donation helps buy food and medicine. Some of those babies come in in bad shape. Our pup has a corgie mom and a very sneaky chihuahua dad. She's more my baby than moms. Never did meet "poundpup", and no one seemed to know who she was. She's "incognito" LOL. They had a nice black Dacshund, who took great pride in uncerimoniosly "annointing" everything in sight.

poundpup
December 10th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Sojourner, I am hardly ever out at the shelter. They know me as Liz Rainey, if anything. :)

I have been working behind the scenes with the Humane Society for about 10 years. My work includes media type stuff... like manning the Centex Humane Society Facebook page, the website, handling emails, and mediating with other rescue groups. Up until now I considered myself a "floater" :doh between any rescues that needed my assistance. This coming year, however, I have decided to run for president of the Humane Society. Maybe then they will know my name a little bit better.
:)

sojourner truth
December 10th, 2011, 4:28 PM
Good luck in your pursuits. It was nice to go out there a donate some cash and bring blankets and towells. Now, if more folks would do that it would make things a bit easier for the staff out there. The pups and kitties were cute. The staff was very friendly and appreciative.

Deb
December 11th, 2011, 7:46 PM
My condolences, NO. I lost 3 pets in a 4 month period in 2010. It was a tough year pet wise. The 3rd loss was a shock. The dog came to me after her dad had a heart attack and died. Shotzee (the dog) did the same thing. The only good thing is that she suffer.