PDA

View Full Version : Baylor - OU

Rick
November 19th, 2011, 9:43 PM
That 87 yard touchdown pass was off the charts lucky. Amazing!

corgifan
November 19th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Bears just went up 45-38 with 8 seconds left. I see it and I don't believe it.
First time EVER beating Oklahoma.
Robert Griffin III, great job!
Copperas Cove AND all of the local towns are proud of you!

Rick
November 19th, 2011, 11:06 PM
What a game!

bbh
November 19th, 2011, 11:20 PM
To Dawglover, Dave.....and all of you CCHS fans:

PLEASE ACCEPT THIS AS MY ABSOLUTE, HUMBLE ADORATION OF COPPERAS COVE HIGH SCHOOL'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM. A community that had ANYTHING to do with the support and development of Robert Griffin III's talent is A-One in my book. That was the most exciting, fantastic game I have seen in many moons, and RGIII is amazing! Wow......

(I bleed a mixture of burnt orange and green & gold. Tonight, the green & gold won out!)

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Night Owl
November 19th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Fantastic game. WOW, what an ending. Zero U was stunned. Go Bears. The BCS is in shambles again, go figure.

CenTexDave
November 20th, 2011, 6:04 AM
This kid better win at least one of these big national awards he's been nominated for. I'm tired of hearing about Kellen Moore of Boise State, Andrew Luck of Stanford, etc. None of them has done what RGIII has done this year.
If Baylor had a good defense they would be in the Top 10 and the Heisman race would have been over after last night's performance.

dawglover
November 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM
What an exciting and great game tis was. It was thrilling and exhilerating. One of the best I've seen all year. Congrats to Baylor and RGIII - you rock. Make room for your Heisman.

JohnKilleen
November 20th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Wow....not a huge Baylor fan but wow and RG3 is something else. I am really excited for the future of the Byalor program now.

Rick
November 20th, 2011, 1:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT34mwhaZMg

CenTexDave
November 20th, 2011, 7:15 PM
It's good to be lucky also. :))
He also had a 80 yard TD pass called back and another one a receiver dropped who was wide open.
Impressive night for Mr. Griffin.

bbh
November 20th, 2011, 9:48 PM
He's just amazing. And exactly the kind of story/stats that the Heisman was made for!

CenTexDave
November 21st, 2011, 6:13 AM
He was awarded the Walter Camp Player of the Week award for his performance against OU. The second time this season he has won it (first time was the opening game victory against TCU).
SI's sports writers have him very high on the Heisman list now, as he should be.
The only QB with a higher QB rating is that one from Wisconsin, and he doesn't pass very often.
With games left against Texas Tech and Texas, he can pad his stats some more.
While I've always been a fan of his since his junior high days here in Cove, and he is a very close friend of my daughter, I'm just glad to watch him play as he is the most exciting player in college football today.

Night Owl
November 21st, 2011, 7:22 AM
He is good. The first time I really watched him play was in the OU game and he is good and lucky. Its hard to beat that combo. He deserves whatever awards he gets.

lovinlife
November 21st, 2011, 7:53 PM
Robert is a FINALIST for the Davey O'Brien award...you can vote once per day! He is currently in 2nd place in the voting behind Case Keenum by 40 votes.

www.voteobrien.org

CenTexDave
November 21st, 2011, 9:34 PM
He's in first place now. You can vote daily.
Keenum is a good QB who plays for Houston and they play a chump schedule. He's another in a long line of Houston Cougar QB's who throw each year for a mile in yardage and can't make it in the NFL. Texas Tech also has a fine group of college QB's who never made it.

cnjbond
November 22nd, 2011, 7:58 AM
RGIII picked up another award:

Rivals.com National Player of the Week (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1296606)

lovinlife
November 22nd, 2011, 4:04 PM
He's in first place now. You can vote daily.
Keenum is a good QB who plays for Houston and they play a chump schedule. He's another in a long line of Houston Cougar QB's who throw each year for a mile in yardage and can't make it in the NFL. Texas Tech also has a fine group of college QB's who never made it.

Now he's about 200 votes behind Keenum....too many Houston people voting!!!

CenTexDave
November 22nd, 2011, 5:50 PM
If you have Facebook put it on there. We can vote once a day.
This vote we have, though, only counts 5%.