PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question about little tractor

Grammar Rules
November 19th, 2011, 4:14 PM
Those little LG or LS tractors that are Korean-made: anyone know if they take a 6-volt battery?

Mestral
November 20th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Just to bump this one back up to the first page of the "new posts" list and tell you that I don't think so. I haven't seen any tractors of that type that do, though I haven't seen an actual LG tractor. This is the kind you are referring to? tractors (http://www.lstractorusa.com/products/tractors/value-compact/)

Any good shade tree mechanic could look at it and tell you in about 5 minutes or less.

Grammar Rules
November 20th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Yes, thanks. LG makes the LS tractor, and the website isn't helpful. Can't find the darned manual, but we've decided the problem isn't a dead battery anyway. It's under warranty, so the real mechanic will have a look at it. 8-;

Rick
November 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
FYI. Lead acid batteries put out about 2 volts per cell, so if the battery has six cells, it's a 12 volt.

Mestral
November 20th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Yeah, too many of these things nowadays have maint. free batteries, so I didn't mention that. There are about a dozen different ways to check those things, and I didn't know which way would be most useful here.

sojourner truth
November 21st, 2011, 7:29 AM
We had a number of these small tractors at the airport. Most of them were 12volt, and batteries can be easily had at Lowes or (even better) Tractor Supply. Most of the "charging" issues we had were due to either a blown fuse (there are usually a number of them used in the strater/charging curcuits) or a bad alternator/generator. Most of the times it was the fuses. Starter curcuit fuses are usually 30amp.