PDA

View Full Version : #2 Oklahoma State Goes Down The Tubes

CenTexDave
November 19th, 2011, 9:10 AM
Big upset, but I imagine their heads were not in the game as their girls' basketball coach and assistant were killed in a plane crash the day before.
So now do we get Alabama back up to #2.
What a boring BCS Championship Game that would be - might be a final of 3-0 after 6 OT's.

kantwin
November 19th, 2011, 1:18 PM
I guess you only think that high scoring games are exciting?
Defensive battles can be good, too.

kantwin
November 19th, 2011, 1:20 PM
I don't think the SEC can send 2 teams to the BCS championship.

CenTexDave
November 19th, 2011, 1:34 PM
They sure can. But who other than SEC fans would be interested?
That "defensive battle" showed me two inept offenses.

kantwin
November 19th, 2011, 1:41 PM
I'm not sure the SEC can send 2...at least not this year.
Both LSU and Alabama are in the SEC West.
Only one of them will play for the SEC Championship.

CenTexDave
November 19th, 2011, 9:43 PM
That is true, but what if Georgia beats LSU by 3-0 in 3 OT's, and LSU only drops to #2? Alabama would rise to number 1 seeing that Oklahoma State lost, Oregon is getting trashed tonight by USC.
Another weird year in college football.

kantwin
November 20th, 2011, 8:17 AM
It could be interesting, with OU and Oregon losing as well.
I would think the other conferences would be clamoring for a different system if the BCS championship game has 2 SEC teams.

CenTexDave
November 20th, 2011, 1:36 PM
Latest AP poll is out and it's LSU, Alabama and Arkansas going 1-2-3. Only other time I can ever recall that was in 1972 or so when it was Nebraska, Oklahoma and Colorado from the same conference.
LSU still plays Arkansas, so something will give there. If the Hogs win then the SEC will have a very interesting choice deciding who plays Georgia in the SEC Championship Game.
But if LSU wins, they would be undefeated. Alabama would probably remain #2 as long as they take care of Auburn. LSU then beats the Dawgs, and while I wouldn't like it, but a sure possibility of the BCS game would be a rematch of LSU and Alabama.

Rick
November 21st, 2011, 9:13 AM
I don't think it matters what conference the two teams come from If they are the two best in the country, they should have at it.

Hopefully, if they do rematch, someone will show them where the end zones are. Maybe paint big arrows on the field to help them.

pushup
November 21st, 2011, 11:45 AM
I agree with Rick. Bama and LSU are the best in the country. I think they should have at it again, even if it is a 3-0 score.