PDA

View Full Version : Hate Saran or Plastic Wrap?

siamcat
November 10th, 2011, 7:02 PM
I really hate Saran or Plastic Wrap. Whenever I try to use it it sticks to itself not the thing I'm trying to cover. Normally I end up with a hot mess and pull out the tin foil instead.
We were out so as I was in the store to get more I saw "Press and Seal" and decided to give it a try. Hey it couldn't be any worse.
I love it!
It sticks to itself and the things I want to cover, but when you unpeal it it doesn't come out a hot mess.
The texture feels weird at first ( kind of a mix of wax paper, plastic wrap and wrapping material, the kind sometimes used in packaging)
Just thought I share, since I can't be the only person that hates plastic wrap.

THEMEANOGRE
November 10th, 2011, 9:12 PM
We've been using Glad Press and Seal for a couple of years now. It works pretty well.

dragonfly
November 10th, 2011, 9:14 PM
I really like Press'n Seal as well!

siamcat
November 10th, 2011, 9:34 PM
We've been using Glad Press and Seal for a couple of years now. It works pretty well.

It's been out a couple of years?

Oh what aggrevation I could have saved myself if I only opened my eyes:crying

THEMEANOGRE
November 11th, 2011, 6:12 AM
There have been commercials on tv about it. I guess you don't turn yours on very much. My favorite is the airliner experiencing turbulence and packets of Press and Seal drop out of the oxygen mask compartments. And someone seals their drink in the glass and turns it upside down to show how well it works. A very good product.

Scarlett
November 11th, 2011, 8:36 AM
I DVR everything I watch and fast forward all the commercials. My kids tell me that I "know nothing about life" because I never know what new things they are talking about.

THEMEANOGRE
November 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Commercials tend to be annoying, many are even insulting, but some are just plain too neat to not watch the first couple times you see them.

siamcat
November 11th, 2011, 5:37 PM
I DVR everything I watch and fast forward all the commercials. My kids tell me that I "know nothing about life" because I never know what new things they are talking about.

We do the same thing. Commercials are annoying, but I wish I would have watched that one:).

Scarlett
November 11th, 2011, 5:39 PM
I don't have time to waste watching them. If a show can be reduced to 40 minutes instead of 60, then that gives me 20 more minutes!

cnjbond
November 11th, 2011, 9:57 PM
I don't have time to waste watching them. If a show can be reduced to 40 minutes instead of 60, then that gives me 20 more minutes!
You'll REALLY appreciate those 20 extra minutes after watching "In Time".

corgifan
November 11th, 2011, 10:52 PM
I really hate Saran or Plastic Wrap. Whenever I try to use it it sticks to itself not the thing I'm trying to cover.
It's all in the technique. Pull out the appropriate length of wrap right over the item BEFORE tearing it. Then hold the wrap securely on the edge of the container nearest to the box and tear the wrap on the serrated edge of the box. It's the box that does the work. Works every time!

siamcat
November 12th, 2011, 5:56 PM
It's all in the technique. Pull out the appropriate length of wrap right over the item BEFORE tearing it. Then hold the wrap securely on the edge of the container nearest to the box and tear the wrap on the serrated edge of the box. It's the box that does the work. Works every time!

Maybe I have two left feet instead of hands, but this what happens.
I attempt to pull out the length I need, either the roll pops out of the box or if I manage to pull out the proper length and try to cut it, it doesn't cut right, the roll pops out, or both. If I manage the first two steps and try to make it stay on a bowl it doesn't want to stick to the bowl, while attempting to stick one side the rest of it curls and sticks to itself. If I manage to get one side to stick and move on to the other side, the first side comes off, slides into the salad and is now covered in mayonaise.
Some comic could write great material on my struggle with Saran Wrap:).