PDA

View Full Version : Found dog

siamcat
November 2nd, 2011, 5:08 PM
I had this Dachshund showing up at my house last night and he wouldn't leave. Decided he wanted to live at my house, barked and whined everytime I went inside.
I live off Westcliff and I took him to the Killeen Animal shelter today.
Here's a link to his picture http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=KLEN.A045874. Hopefully his owner will find him or he'll be adopted soon. He's very friendly and kinda cute if you like little dogs.

I don't know what it is but stray dogs and cats show up at my house and want to stay.

THEMEANOGRE
November 2nd, 2011, 5:17 PM
It is your sparkling personality.

Iteachtoo
November 2nd, 2011, 7:40 PM
Better you that me. I used to tell my three kids that animals must have put signs around town saying, "need home, go to this address".

SamBrown
November 2nd, 2011, 9:15 PM
I am not allowed near strays anymore. They have a way of stealing my heart. Dr. Doolittle says the house is full=;

siamcat
November 2nd, 2011, 10:05 PM
I know, I want to keep all of them, but I can't.

Night Owl
November 2nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
The wife said and I quote, "If that dog comes to this house, you leave." We have a Sheltie and two Dachshunds. I was tempted.

Rick
November 3rd, 2011, 7:18 AM
Is that what she said to the dogs when they brought you home?

Night Owl
November 3rd, 2011, 7:23 AM
Yes, but that was a long time ago and her memory is worse than mine!:)

dawglover
November 4th, 2011, 3:32 PM
I had this Dachshund showing up at my house last night and he wouldn't leave. Decided he wanted to live at my house, barked and whined everytime I went inside.
I live off Westcliff and I took him to the Killeen Animal shelter today.
Here's a link to his picture http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=KLEN.A045874. Hopefully his owner will find him or he'll be adopted soon. He's very friendly and kinda cute if you like little dogs.

I don't know what it is but stray dogs and cats show up at my house and want to stay.

Next time, if there is a next time, I urge you to take the dog to the other animal shelter. They don't kill the animals there. This dog will be put down if not claimed or adopted in a very short period. The Killeen Animal shelter has no mercy.

siamcat
November 4th, 2011, 9:23 PM
Next time, if there is a next time, I urge you to take the dog to the other animal shelter. They don't kill the animals there. This dog will be put down if not claimed or adopted in a very short period. The Killeen Animal shelter has no mercy.

A few years back I went to the other animal shelter and the conditions were bad in my opinion.
Is it better now?