PDA

View Full Version : Cove vs Shoemaker

jimbob
October 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
This could be the surprise of the year. Shoemaker's Jefferson will be too much for the Cove Defense. Shoemaker's defense is number one in District games. This just might be the Greywolves first victory.

CenTexDave
October 22nd, 2011, 11:22 AM
This could be the surprise of the year. Shoemaker's Jefferson will be too much for the Cove Defense. Shoemaker's defense is number one in District games. This just might be the Greywolves first victory.

No, will just be another loss in their consecutive record losing streak. :)) If Cove was able to tame Waco's beast of a RB, Shoemaker won't provide much of a problem. Shoemaker hasn't seen the likes of Cove's offense. Will most likely be much closer than the usual Cove-Shoemaker blowout, but will be another win for the Dawgs. Somewhere along the lines of 34-16

dawglover
October 22nd, 2011, 11:50 AM

OMG you have really lost it. The Cove JV could beat the Greywolves varsity. This will be a slaughter. I already feel sorry for Shoemaker. I probably won't even go. This will be too much of a whopping to watch. I bet Cove has to put in their second string in the second half just to have pity on the Greywolves and diminish some of the embarrassment. :)):)

xzochye
October 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Do I think SHS will win? No, but it will be awesome if they do. However, Cove is stupid if they think it's going to be a blowout game! That is exactly what Belton thought and they were never once ahead of us in that game. That is until the last minute of the game and they got lucky with a safety.

I do not think Cove is blowing this game off. At the SHS vs Temple game Thursday night there were 3 Cove coaches sitting a few rows in front of me and they were taking notes and drawing plays.

This isn't the same SHS team of the years past. They may be losing still but their games are very close and these boys look real good on the field. This may not be their season but don't count them out of making a great comeback in the next year or two.

dawglover
October 22nd, 2011, 12:45 PM
Do I think SHS will win? No, but it will be awesome if they do. However, Cove is stupid if they think it's going to be a blowout game! That is exactly what Belton thought and they were never once ahead of us in that game. That is until the last minute of the game and they got lucky with a safety.

I do not think Cove is blowing this game off. At the SHS vs Temple game Thursday night there were 3 Cove coaches sitting a few rows in front of me and they were taking notes and drawing plays.

This isn't the same SHS team of the years past. They may be losing still but their games are very close and these boys look real good on the field. This may not be their season but don't count them out of making a great comeback in the next year or two.

Say that after the blow out. :)

CenTexDave
October 22nd, 2011, 8:47 PM
It could be a blowout as usual, but I don't think so this year. Shoemaker's Jefferson is the real deal. Shoemaker will no doubt key on Thomas, but we have a host of others who are capable to lighting it up. Dawgs will key on Jefferson. He'll get some yards, but not nearly enough.

jimbob
October 24th, 2011, 7:35 AM
Jefferson is too much for the Cove Defense. This game will be a barn burner. Time is right for an upset. Cove off a big emotional win and Shoemaker with enthusiasm momentum.8-;

jimbob
October 24th, 2011, 10:42 AM
There is a Mr. Knowledge on 5A Texas Football that is not to bright. Questions the Cove play calling, etc. when the team is consistently winning, proving themselves every year. I know Shoemaker is going to be a handful but I also know those Cove coaches are at the top of the game. I might think I would do something different but I am smart enough to know I don't know what they know. I think I would have left the Rangers pitcher in last night but Ron made a winning decision. Should the Ra:))ngers have lost, I could have said well I was right, lol!!!:))

Night Owl
October 24th, 2011, 11:04 AM
DAWGS 42 shoemaker 13

Wolfdawg
October 24th, 2011, 12:57 PM
I have interest in this game on both sides. The last 3 games Shoemaker has lost in the last 3 minutes. If they can ever control the mistakes and penalties they will be a force in 12-5A. I think that SHS will make them for work the points, but in the end Cove should put this one away.

Night Owl
October 24th, 2011, 1:42 PM
Cove 49 shoemaker 12.

Wolfdawg its all YOUR fault.:)

xzochye
October 24th, 2011, 1:57 PM
I have interest in this game on both sides. The last 3 games Shoemaker has lost in the last 3 minutes. If they can ever control the mistakes and penalties they will be a force in 12-5A. I think that SHS will make them for work the points, but in the end Cove should put this one away.

Technically, SHS has already ended their losing streak. The game against Bryan was called wrong. When SHS coaches went back and reviewed the tapes it was obvious that SHS had made the last touchdown. The tapes were submitted to UIL and the refs that were at that game received disciplinary action.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2011, 2:41 PM
@JimBob - I agree with Mr. Knowledge, and I have been saying the same thing for the past 4 years, ever since that mess of an offensive game plan against Rosenberg Lamar Consolidated in the 4-A State Title Game. Just piss poor play calling. In that 4-A game, it was continually Vital off right tackle, roll Griffin to the right. Nothing went to much yardage, but when they went to the left they made decent yardage. Of course on that crucial 4th and goal from the 5 they rolled Griffin right and he got about 3 yards. Game over. Against Wylie in the 5-A State semis same thing - always run on first down, same result. Zilch.
A&M ain't stupid. Last year they packed the box with 9 all night. End result? They kicked out butt.
A little innovation on first down, such as utilizing a play that Notre Dame invented against Army 80-some years ago called the Forward Pass, would loosen up the defense.
That said, this one will turn into another laugher unless Coach Welch pulls the starters by the 8 minute mark of the third quarter. By then it should be 35-7 or so.

jimbob
October 24th, 2011, 2:54 PM
Doggone, you are probably right because everyone knows if Cove should ever lose a game it is the coaches fault. Those coaches should have ran a different play or called a different defense because our kids are THE best. My mistake. Go 'Dawgs beat Shoemaker.:thumbsup

Night Owl
October 24th, 2011, 3:23 PM
Geez, now I gotta change again.

Dawgs 38 shoemaker 23.:)

Ya'll keep making me change my mind. What I won't change is the Winner. GO DAWGS!!!!!

jimbob
October 24th, 2011, 3:31 PM
It will be close. Dawgs 28 Shoemaker 23:-s

DiamondKing
October 24th, 2011, 3:44 PM
You guys realize Shoe has lost 30 in a row.

xzochye
October 24th, 2011, 4:13 PM
Yes but do you realize that in the past 3 of 4 games they only lost by 2 or 3 points and that they were the ones that were leading for most of the game.

Night Owl
October 24th, 2011, 4:14 PM
Dang it. Here we go again. DAWGS 45 shoemaker 15.

CenTexDave
October 24th, 2011, 5:29 PM
Ah hell, typical Cove - Shoemaker blowout: 56-13

Night Owl
October 24th, 2011, 5:35 PM
Dammit Dave. Dawgs 54 shoemaker 6

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Give Jefferson his due. Let him get his 150-175 yards. The Dawgs do that frequently, but the difference is most of that yardage is between the twenties. They keep them out of the end zone. A&M's Nutall had lots of yards, but they didn't let him run wild when it mattered and score.
Shoemaker cannot stop the duo of Thomas and Hamilton or whatever RB we have in there.
Like I said, after careful consideration, might be somewhat closer. But not too close. :))

xzochye
October 25th, 2011, 1:08 PM
Give Jefferson his due. Let him get his 150-175 yards. The Dawgs do that frequently, but the difference is most of that yardage is between the twenties. They keep them out of the end zone. A&M's Nutall had lots of yards, but they didn't let him run wild when it mattered and score.
Shoemaker cannot stop the duo of Thomas and Hamilton or whatever RB we have in there.
Like I said, after careful consideration, might be somewhat closer. But not too close. :))

Dave, the last couple of weeks I have found myself liking you more and more but now you are just making me sad :(

Scarlett
October 25th, 2011, 3:23 PM
I think I'll try to go to this game with you xych....if I can get out of chaperoning our dance!

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2011, 3:39 PM
Gonna do the "YMCA" again??? :))

Scarlett
October 25th, 2011, 5:18 PM
Of course.
Actually my students have been teaching me a dance during lunch...lol

dawglover
October 25th, 2011, 5:22 PM
DAWGS 42 shoemaker 13

That sounds about right. One thing for sure, it'll be a bow out. Shoemaker hasn't played any team that is the caliber of Cove. They will be utterly shocked when they experience how great the Dawgs really are.:)

dawglover
October 25th, 2011, 5:24 PM
Of course.

Would that be the "losers dance" that you'll perform after Cove whops up on Shoemacker? :)):)

Scarlett
October 25th, 2011, 6:07 PM
I have no horse in this race since I teach at Ellison. Just think it will be a really good ball game.

xzochye
October 25th, 2011, 6:32 PM
Scarlett, try really hard to get out of it! Tell them you have a friend that needs company since her teenage son won't sit by her...lol. I can als get us in free! YIPPEE!!!

Scarlett
October 25th, 2011, 7:11 PM
If this paralyzing pain I've been bed ridden with the past four days doesn't let up, I certainly won't be dancing! I'll let you know by Thursday. I do want to go. There's a dancer on the Cove side I promised I would see this year and I missed our game.

CenTexDave
October 25th, 2011, 11:05 PM
Of course.

Probably the Chicken Dance. :))

Scarlett
October 25th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Lol. Cute. I already know that one!
No this one had a name I can't spell and works up a sweat in minutes and involved lots of stomping and flipping. I've almost mastered it. They say that, "for a white girl I'm doing pretty good." ;)

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 7:52 AM
No this one had a name I can't spell and works up a sweat in minutes and involved lots of stomping and flipping. I've almost mastered it. They say that, "for a white girl I'm doing pretty good." ;)

Your flipping!? That's why you are in so much pain!

Scarlett
October 26th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Lol
Not gonna be performing that after all!

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Yeah, might end up on YouTube or Facebook :))

dawglover
October 26th, 2011, 10:16 AM
I have no horse in this race since I teach at Ellison. Just think it will be a really good ball game.

Okay. That's cool.:)

dawglover
October 26th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Probably the Chicken Dance.

Prove it Scarlett. Post a video clip. :)):)):)

Scarlett
October 26th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Lol. Yeah....that will NEVER happen!

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 5:29 PM
Crap! It is going to be cold at tomorrow's game and it looks like there may be a possibility of rain. I want the rain just pray it comes after the game.

Does Cove have a Starbucks?

Scarlett
October 26th, 2011, 5:38 PM
Lol. Nope! They are getting one.

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 5:48 PM
Well crap! Oh well....Race Track is cheaper...lol. At least it is football weather and Friday will be warmer. I will only have to freeze for 1 night!

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 5:55 PM
Nope, one is being built but not yet open for business.
The Dawg Pound is Astro-Play turf so the field should be fine.

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Nope, one is being built but not yet open for business.
The Dawg Pound is Astro-Play turf so the field should be fine.

I'm not worried about the field, I am worried about ME! lol

dawglover
October 26th, 2011, 6:29 PM
:))
Crap! It is going to be cold at tomorrow's game and it looks like there may be a possibility of rain. I want the rain just pray it comes after the game.

Does Cove have a Starbucks?

They got a coffee place called "The Coffee Bean" that is at least as good as Starbucks right on 190 heading West. It'll be on your left, about half way down 190. It's a bit cheaper than Starbucks as well. Don't worry about the rain. It will hide the tears being shed for Shoemaker. It should be an emotional loss for them so you may want to spike your coffee to help you deal with the pain. :)

P.S. If you need a pick-me-up just look across the way at the Cove bleachers. Me, Night Owl, and CTD will be cheering up a storm for our Dawgs - the WINNERS!!!.

Scarlett
October 26th, 2011, 6:34 PM
I would LOVE to see Shoe win this one. Hehehe.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 6:38 PM
Dawg - have you considered a second career in the entertainment field???? :))

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 6:41 PM
I would LOVE to see Shoe win this one. Hehehe.

SHUT UP YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Owl
October 26th, 2011, 6:52 PM
Dammit DAWG. I didn't know this was a home game for the DAWGS.

DAWGS 65 shoemaker 3

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 6:57 PM
Uhmmmm how do I get to the high school? I need directions to the school for tomorrow's game and the stadium for Friday's game.

I just saw a map to there it shows the school in a totally different place than where I thought it was.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 7:11 PM
The high school is off of S. 23rd St. Easiest way is 190 to Robertson (Walgreens on the corner), turn right, go straight and the road winds left and turns into Veterans. Up Veterans to S 23rd and turn right. You run into it.
The stadium, more commonly referred to as the Dawg Pound by all knowledgeable sports writers in Texas, is located on the corner of Ridge and Sunny Streets. Easiest way is take a left off the Hwy at Walmart onto Constitution Dr. Go down to where the theater is, make a right onto MLK Drive, go about 1/2 mile and make a left onto Williams St. The stadium will be a couple of blocks down on the right side. You will be on the visitor's side. We don't allow KISD employees on the home side. :)

xzochye
October 26th, 2011, 7:16 PM
The high school is off of S. 23rd St. Easiest way is 190 to Robertson (Walgreens on the corner), turn right, go straight and the road winds left and turns into Veterans. Up Veterans to S 23rd and turn right. You run into it.
The stadium, more commonly referred to as the Dawg Pound by all knowledgeable sports writers in Texas, is located on the corner of Ridge and Sunny Streets. Easiest way is take a left off the Hwy at Walmart onto Constitution Dr. Go down to where the theater is, make a right onto MLK Drive, go about 1/2 mile and make a left onto Williams St. The stadium will be a couple of blocks down on the right side. You will be on the visitor's side. We don't allow KISD employees on the home side. :)

The high school is in the "vicinity" of Mel's or the baptist church, right?

Night Owl
October 26th, 2011, 7:19 PM
Never mind. Dave is quick. His wife says that also.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 8:51 PM
The high school is in the "vicinity" of Mel's or the baptist church, right?

You can come in that way if you like. 190 to Ave D (Cactus Motel), go down Ave D all the way and keep going. Back parking lot to the high school will be on the left.

CenTexDave
October 26th, 2011, 8:51 PM

Ain't married, but that one last Saturday night had no complaints. :))

Scarlett
October 26th, 2011, 11:55 PM

Zing!

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 7:30 AM
More than you could handle darlin'. :))

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Ain't married, but that one last Saturday night had no complaints. :))

Christine, Dave is available!!!! Your dreams have come true!!!!!:))

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 1:15 PM
Where's that Wench hiding??

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 1:19 PM
So does this mean that Dave, NO, Dawglover, me and possibly Scarlett (hopefully!) will all be in the same place tomorrow? Oh Lord help us! LOL We are we meeting up for drinks at afterwards? lol

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 1:31 PM
I won't be there. I go to those games that will be exciting. Not must excitement in; "Cove scores, Cove scores again, Cove scores again, Cove scores again, Cove scores again, Cove scores again, Cove scores again!!!!!! :)

jimbob
October 27th, 2011, 2:06 PM
Cove can not run the ball on the Wolves like they did against AMC. People will be shocked. The Grey Wolves are for real. This is going to be a real battle.:-s

Ludwig
October 27th, 2011, 2:18 PM
I take no sides. I am looking forward to the crow eating feast on CTT after that game though. A plethora of "they shoulda, they shouldn'ta" from the armchair coaches will be had. I can hardly wait.

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 2:39 PM
What is shoemakers record this year. I understand they have an outstanding team. What is it, 30 wins in a row or something like that.:)

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 2:43 PM
SHS is showing up on the radar as a team with lots of potential. They are not the same team as in previous years. Are they still losing? Yes, however this team should no longer be overlooked. As I said before if this game was going to be the easy blowout then the coaches from Cove wouldn't have been at last weeks game taking notes and writing down plays.

jimbob
October 27th, 2011, 2:43 PM
As far as second guessing the Cove Offensive Coordinator, that is people that want to blame. The wins Cove produce is not by accident. Both coordinators are excellent. It's easy to second guess, especially when your tail is not on the line!:) Those coaches work hours looking and evaluating film and they know what their players can and can not do consistently and they make calculated decisions. I believe it is working in Cove's favor. Sometimes the other teams have players that can beat you. That is what some Cove people can not except. Shoemaker is one of those teams.

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 2:58 PM
What is shoemakers record this year. I understand they have an outstanding team. What is it, 30 wins in a row or something like that.:)

Oh and yes the DO have an OUTSTANDING team! These are some great young men that are going out every Friday with their heads held up high and playing their hearts out. They are proud of their team and of their school. To me that makes an OUTSTANDING team.

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 3:05 PM
I know I am just poking a little fun!!!!

Heck I don't even know where the stadium is located. I would have sent you to Williams street because that's where Goggle maps has the stadium.

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 3:12 PM
I know I am just poking a little fun!!!!

Heck I don't even know where the stadium is located. I would have sent you to Williams street because that's where Goggle maps has the stadium.

That is why I am confused! lol. Heading to the high school tonight for my son's game then the stadium tomorrow for varsity. At least you can't get lost in cove!

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 3:17 PM
Might be drinks afterwards if you want to come to Cove's VFW.
Sorry, Scarlett - they don't mix chocolate martinis there.:))

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 3:19 PM
That is why I am confused! lol. Heading to the high school tonight for my son's game then the stadium tomorrow for varsity. At least you can't get lost in cove!

I can, I have!!!!!:)

Wolfdawg
October 27th, 2011, 3:30 PM
As for play calling, other teams out there are sending scouts and looking at film for playoffs. Why show all your cards if you don't have to? Better to work those other plays in practice and keep that hidden arsenal to pull out when needed later in the season, or playoffs...8-;

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 3:41 PM
OK, granted Shoemaker is improved. Still won't really matter. I looked up some stats:
Cove's offense averages 432 yards per game, Shoemaker's a measly 197.
This great Jefferson isn't even in the top 5 district in offense.
:))

Night Owl
October 27th, 2011, 4:00 PM
Dammit Dave, there you go again. I will resist the temptation re-revise my perdiction for the 20th time.:)

Bottom line is: DAWGS WIN BIG!!!!!!

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 5:09 PM
Help!!! Where is the freshman game?!??!? High school first have a football field and I believe jv is at the stadium!

Scarlett
October 27th, 2011, 6:46 PM
So does this mean that Dave, NO, Dawglover, me and possibly Scarlett (hopefully!) will all be in the same place tomorrow? Oh Lord help us! LOL We are we meeting up for drinks at afterwards? lol

I'm game! Hahahaha

I have actually already met Dave and shared a drink once...what you picture him being in your head is 100% accurate...lol

Scarlett
October 27th, 2011, 6:46 PM
More than you could handle darlin'. :))

I am willing to bet that I hit the LOL button for a completely different reason than Night Owl did....:-*

Scarlett
October 27th, 2011, 6:48 PM
Might be drinks afterwards if you want to come to Cove's VFW.
Sorry, Scarlett - they don't mix chocolate martinis there.:))

I am more into ice water these days anyhow.

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 9:15 PM
Help!!! Where is the freshman game?!??!? High school first have a football field and I believe jv is at the stadium!]
Most likely at S.C. Lee Junior High on Courtney Lane off of FM 116North.

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 9:20 PM
]
Most likely at S.C. Lee Junior High on Courtney Lane off of FM 116North.

Nope, it was at the stadium and it was 3rd quarter when I arrived!:cowdung:hopmad

CenTexDave
October 27th, 2011, 9:21 PM
At least you made it. Who won?

xzochye
October 27th, 2011, 9:22 PM
lol Cove

Scarlett
October 27th, 2011, 11:59 PM
I will definitely be going to this varsity game tomorrow night. ;)

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Wanna watch the massacre? didn't know you were a glutton for punishment. :)):)):)):))

dawglover
October 28th, 2011, 1:05 AM
Dawg - have you considered a second career in the entertainment field???? :))

Depends. What kind of entertianment are you thinking of? :)

dawglover
October 28th, 2011, 1:08 AM
lol Cove

Cove will be LOL tomorrow night. I doubt you'll even be cracking a grin then.:)):)

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM
I'm game! Hahahaha

I have actually already met Dave and shared a drink once...what you picture him being in your head is 100% accurate...lol

A drink? Think you had 5 or 6 and stumbled out of Applebee's. :))

Night Owl
October 28th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Dave
I didn't know you were 6'5", dark headed and a woman's man. I think that was what Scarlett was hinting at.:)) You can offer her a ride in your new Christmas gift from Ludwig!!!!!!

dawglover
October 28th, 2011, 4:43 PM
Dave
I didn't know you were 6'5", dark headed and a woman's man.
Aww, actually that would be me. :)

Ludwig
October 28th, 2011, 6:51 PM
Aww, actually that would be me. :)

You meant to say 5"6", grey headed and on Viagara... didn't you? :)):)):))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 7:39 PM
50 seconds gone in first quarter, 7-0 Dawgs :bluerofl
Now 14-0 :bluerofl

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 7:43 PM
OMG: 3.5 minutes into first quarter and --------------- 21-0 Cove. :))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 7:56 PM
:)1st quarter, 28-0 Cove. Nice try all you anti-Dawg lovers.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:03 PM
35-0, Dawgs, still first quarter

Night Owl
October 28th, 2011, 8:09 PM
You meant to say 5"6", grey headed and on Viagara... didn't you? :)):)):))

Isn't that what I said. Let me go look. I might have messed it up.:)

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:15 PM
OMG 42-0

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 8:23 PM
Dave are you here?

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:25 PM
No, at the VFW listening to it. 49-0 ROTFLMAO:))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:37 PM
Shoemaker surrenders, now 56-0, still 2nd quarter.

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 8:47 PM
63-0

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:47 PM
Dawgs are liberall subbing, still 2nd quarter. 63-0 at the half.
All you Grey Wolves's fans are invited to the Cove VFW for a drink. I'm buying. Don't even bother with the second half. :))
Us Dawg fans would sincerely like to express our appreciation to you naysayers. JimBob - you really have no clue. I spoke with a couple players yesterday evening - they had heard all the garbage talk and it just motivated them even more. Gracias.

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 8:48 PM
Is anyone here? Besides me and xzochye?

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 8:50 PM
Can kids come to the VFW?

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:51 PM
How old? If under 16, no

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 8:52 PM
Is anyone here? Besides me and xzochye?
No, all Shoemaker fans left. :))

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 9:02 PM
Well....sorry then. We brought 5! Haha.

Night Owl
October 28th, 2011, 9:06 PM
bottles or kids?:)

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 9:09 PM
Well....sorry then. We brought 5! Haha.
No problem - more beer for me then. :))

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 9:28 PM
:bluerofl:bluerofl 70 - 0, two plays into second half.

xzochye
October 28th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Hey I may have been way wrong in this game but that is A-ok because I sure as hell called the cardinals in game 7!

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Yep, Rangers blew it last night. Never had a chance tonight.

CenTexDave
October 28th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Final 70-6.
Obviously Jefferson is overhyped. Total unimpressive. Now we know why he goes to Shoemaker. He lives in Cove and goes to Shoemaker HS. He couldn't be the water boy for the Dawgs.

Wolfdawg
October 28th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Dave,

Remember that we are talking about kids here. While I do have split loyalties, your comments were over the line. The kids at SHS work hard and are trying to turn around the program. Where he goes to school may have more to do with his family situation than football, so think before you post.

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Thank you Wolfdog.

JohnKilleen
October 28th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Cove seems to forget that they used to be at the other end of those lopsided scores.

Scarlett
October 28th, 2011, 11:05 PM
And will be again.

Night Owl
October 28th, 2011, 11:19 PM
Just as a reminder my final prediction was close to the final score!!!!!!

"Dammit DAWG. I didn't know this was a home game for the DAWGS.

DAWGS 65 shoemaker 3"

Final Score: 70-6.

lovinlife
October 28th, 2011, 11:51 PM
Let's remember...Dave is sitting at the VFW drinking beer while he is making these posts. Don't lump all Cove fans together based on the few who post here!! The fans who actually go sit in the stands and support the kids week in and week out, even while freezing their butts off or having to drive hours to get to that game, don't usually come on here and post comments like that!!! I graduated from Cove in '86 and DO remember being everyone's homecoming game for that easy win--I'm happy my own kids don't have to endure that. I teach in Killeen and many of my students have siblings at Shoemaker...I kept rooting for them to do something good but they just kept shooting themselves in the foot. I hope they do get that elusive win soon and they can get their football program turned around. But still....GO DAWGS! :)

Scarlett
October 29th, 2011, 12:15 AM
They haven't played Ellison yet! There is still hope! ;)

At least when they game gets here, SOMEONE is going to break their losing streak!!!!!

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2011, 3:48 AM
Sour grapes from Killeen fans. All we heard all week long was how improved Shoemaker was, how Shoemaker might upset the Dawgs, how great Jefferson was, blah, blah, blah.:))

Wolfdawg
October 29th, 2011, 5:43 AM
Dave,

I have been a Dawg fan for many years and my kid ended up with a full ride to college because of their success, but you make us look like "butts" when you make statements like you did. Try having a few less drinks when you are posting and remember that the kids playing are still just kids. I know Jack works hard to make sure the students athletes behave with respect, you should learn that lesson.:doh

Scarlett
October 29th, 2011, 6:27 AM
Dave there is nothing wrong with admitting defeat gracefully....as in me saying I was wrong, you were right, it was a blow out. I truly always believed Cove would win, duh, but I did think it would be a close game. I don't know who those gray wolves were last night.
What I do know is I have compassion and my heart broke for them. I just thought, if one of those boys were my son, I would be crying because I knew his frustration would have been hard to witness.
It is one thing to brag and show pride, but you take pride to a level where it is almost a weird form of jingoism or obsession.
Be happy. Be proud. Brag even. But bragging shouldn't be done in a way that destroys the spirit of another person. Especially a CHILD. Please?

jimbob
October 29th, 2011, 8:22 AM
I would have never guessed that Shoemaker would self destruct. I will say, I am impressed with Cove coaches for not trying to run up the score. Had the second team in the second quarter, took a knee in second quarter, field goal on first down, because they knew the second and third teamers would go score. Just impressive. But I'm eating crow today8-;

CenTexDave
October 29th, 2011, 1:30 PM
Jack Welch has never run up the score on anyone. The only time I recall something even remotely close to that was 2002 (I think) when the Dawgs were playing Temple and had the game well in hand. Cove had the ball around Temple's 20 late in the 4th quarter and on second down the QB, Josh Welch, took a knee and some Temple players plowed into him. The officials never threw a flag. Jack Welch decided then so much for sportsmanship. On the next play Cove scored. :))
To all others, if I came across as way too strong I apologize. I remember when Cove was on the wrong end of these blowouts. It's not fun; it's demoralizing to the kids who lose like that.
Heights will give Cove a good game next week. They always play Cove close.

jimbob
October 29th, 2011, 3:53 PM
Last night, the Dawgs could have gone over a hundred easy. Coach Welch is a class guy. The reserves scored in the second quarter and if he had not tried the field goal, they would have scored again. Now Heights will be a tough foe for the Dawgs. Could be a win for Heights. They are bigger and physically more powerful.:-s

xzochye
October 29th, 2011, 6:37 PM
The best part of last night's game was seeing a cute little varsity cheerleader go and sit beside my son during half time. She put her arm through his and rested her head on his shoulder! Now if I can only get more info out of him........hmmmmm! lol

Scarlett
October 29th, 2011, 8:06 PM
Mom! I was there! She "IS JUST A FRIEND!"

I thought the best part was sitting in front of the entire Ellison coaching staff and watching them just shake their heads.

xzochye
October 29th, 2011, 8:13 PM
They will be shaking their heads in disbelief and misery next week! LOL

Scarlett
October 29th, 2011, 9:07 PM
Next week will be a game worth watching finally!

Night Owl
October 29th, 2011, 9:19 PM
I know you were on your knees with head bowed when you posted that.:)

THEMEANOGRE
October 30th, 2011, 3:52 AM
When a sports contest goes beyond a difference of 35 points. That becomes an irrecoverable score and the game should end. If the coach of the losing team hasn't got the right stuff to admit defeat, then the officials should call the game over. Maybe allow the players to play out the rest of the clock til the scheduled end of the game. But there is nothing useful gained by continuing beyond that point. It is one thing to beat one's opponent, it is quite another to absolutely humiliate them.

kantwin
October 30th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Here in 'Bama, I've seen one game where the officials cut the 4th quarter time in half during a lopsided game.

Scarlett
October 30th, 2011, 8:02 AM
In Kansas that is a rule. It is called the 45 point rule.
My junior year our high school won state and we "45'd" a lot of teams on our way up!

lovinlife
October 30th, 2011, 4:00 PM
They have the 45 point rule here in 6-man football.

dawglover
October 30th, 2011, 4:01 PM
I can't believe this crap. Go back and see how many of you said this was going to be a close game. Please recall that it was only I, yours truly - THE DAWG, that said this would be a blow out - and it was.

As for those feeling sorry and blaming Cove for running up the score, remember Cove put in their reserves before the 2nd half even started. What were they supposed to do, sit down and let the Greywolves score? Hell, Shoemaker got beat by Cove's second string. That’s not running up the score. That’s Cove putting in its worst and least experienced players against Shoemakers best. Those are the facts. Since when is pointing out the FACTS a put down?

What a bunch of whining crybabies. Shoemaker took a real ass whopping for two reasons. (1) Cove is a great team and (2) Shoemaker is a lousy team.

When you go an entire season and you can't beat anyone and you get blown out with a score of 70 - 6 by the other teams second string, you are by definition a very lousy team. That’s the truth and if you saw the game you darn well know that it is true.

That was Shoemaker’s high school football players. This is the Greywolves football team, not some ladies badminton team. The Shoemaker football team can take the heat for getting a royal ass whopping and recover from it. In fact, they'll remember just how embarrassing it was so well that they won't let anything like that ever happen to them again. They may get beat again but not by a basketball score.

This is part of what makes men out of boys. You women and "girlyboys" just don't get that. But, if you doubt it then recall that Cove was once the team everyone wanted to play for the easy win. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone could beat Cove. Ours Dawgs were humbled big time for years. But look at them now. Those tough times helped to toughen up our Dawgs and turned them in to a perennial statewide powerhouse. Hence, this ass-whopping may be the best thing that ever happened to the Greywolves football team.

As for my Dawgs – we love you guys. STATE! STATE! STATE!

xzochye
October 30th, 2011, 4:52 PM
I can't believe this crap. Go back and see how many of you said this was going to be a close game. Please recall that it was only I, yours truly - THE DAWG, that said this would be a blow out - and it was.

As for those feeling sorry and blaming Cove for running up the score, remember Cove put in their reserves before the 2nd half even started. What were they supposed to do, sit down and let the Greywolves score? Hell, Shoemaker got beat by Cove's second string. That’s not running up the score. That’s Cove putting in its worst and least experienced players against Shoemakers best. Those are the facts. Since when is pointing out the FACTS a put down?

What a bunch of whining crybabies. Shoemaker took a real ass whopping for two reasons. (1) Cove is a great team and (2) Shoemaker is a lousy team.

When you go an entire season and you can't beat anyone and you get blown out with a score of 70 - 6 by the other teams second string, you are by definition a very lousy team. That’s the truth and if you saw the game you darn well know that it is true.

That was Shoemaker’s high school football players. This is the Greywolves football team, not some ladies badminton team. The Shoemaker football team can take the heat for getting a royal ass whopping and recover from it. In fact, they'll remember just how embarrassing it was so well that they won't let anything like that ever happen to them again. They may get beat again but not by a basketball score.

This is part of what makes men out of boys. You women and "girlyboys" just don't get that. But, if you doubt it then recall that Cove was once the team everyone wanted to play for the easy win. It wasn’t that long ago that everyone could beat Cove. Ours Dawgs were humbled big time for years. But look at them now. Those tough times helped to toughen up our Dawgs and turned them in to a perennial statewide powerhouse. Hence, this ass-whopping may be the best thing that ever happened to the Greywolves football team.

You sound like an even bigger ass than normal in this post. No one is feeling sorry and no one is whining about Cove running up the score. One person said they respect Welch for NOT running up the score. TMO is the one that mentioned ending the game no one else did.

Cove is a great team no one is denying that. However, SHS is not a lousy team. As others have said remember you are talking about kids here. If you look at the past games SHS has shown a GREAT amount of improvement over the year. Several of their games were very close. The Bryan game flip flopped with who was in the lead for the entire game. They actually WON that game. The refs made a bad call, the tapes were viewed it was obvious that SHS had made the td. Tapes were submitted to the UIL and the refs received disciplinary actions. During the Belton game SHS was ahead the entire game! Belton won with a safety in the last minute of the game. This team has improved dramtically over the last year and I believe that they will continue to improve. A LOUSY team shows no improvement.

Yes the Dawgs are going to the playoffs but let's see if they can actually win this time :))

jimbob
October 30th, 2011, 5:49 PM
Shoemaker tried their best. Their fumbles and interceptions hurt them in the game. The Dawgs were sportsmen and many will look at the score and accuse them of running up the score. That was not the case in this game. Things like this happen in sports and life, but tomarrow is another day and we need to move on!;)

Scarlett
October 30th, 2011, 5:53 PM
State? Doesn't a team have to not choke in the playoffs to win state? :rolleyes

Lovely rant. Just because we thought it would be a closer game doesn't mean we are whining. Show me where I was whining about this score? I only mentioned that in another state the game would have just been called. At halftime in this case...lol.

dawglover
October 30th, 2011, 7:19 PM
You sound like an even bigger ass than normal in this post. No one is feeling sorry and no one is whining about Cove running up the score. One person said they respect Welch for NOT running up the score. TMO is the one that mentioned ending the game no one else did.

Cove is a great team no one is denying that. However, SHS is not a lousy team. As others have said remember you are talking about kids here. If you look at the past games SHS has shown a GREAT amount of improvement over the year. Several of their games were very close. The Bryan game flip flopped with who was in the lead for the entire game. They actually WON that game. The refs made a bad call, the tapes were viewed it was obvious that SHS had made the td. Tapes were submitted to the UIL and the refs received disciplinary actions. During the Belton game SHS was ahead the entire game! Belton won with a safety in the last minute of the game. This team has improved dramtically over the last year and I believe that they will continue to improve. A LOUSY team shows no improvement.

Yes the Dawgs are going to the playoffs but let's see if they can actually win this time :))

First thing xzochye, get your head screwed on before you run your mouth. Because the Dawgs have made it to the payoffs - again, they are winners. They’re the district champions for crying out loud. "Champions" DO NOT equal "losers." You are smart enough to understand that I hope. Because Shoemaker got beat by everybody, and I do mean everybody, they are losers. Losers lose – got it?

You think that SHS’s football team that got whopped by every single team they played, usually by large numbers, and then get trounced 70-6 by Cove's second string are not a lousy team? If so, you're either nuts or on drugs. If that's not a lousy football team then there is no such thing as “lousy.”

You seem like the kind of teacher that would want to give a trophy of equal value to the losers because they "participated." Whoopee do!!!

Kids my ass! These are young men in their teens. They’re in a tough sport. Football is not for sissy's that whimper when they’re told the truth. The reason they are "losers" is partly because they have "touchy feely" teachers and coaches like you.

This is you: "Don’t talk that way, remember they're just kids, nah nah nah nah," "...and "It's okay to be a loser, after all it's only a game and they're just kids, nah nah nah nah, wha wha wha." Phwwt!!!.

That kind of BS breeds sissies. When you get young men in sport you teach them to compete and let them know that if you don’t win, then you lose, and if you lose you are by definition "a loser." If that is uncomfortable you pick yourself up, work harder then the other guy and start winning. God help us all if our Army ever gets trained the way teachers like you think. They’d never win a battle and our country would be screwed.

You liberal teachers really gall me sometimes. First you want to dumb down the schools and then you want to sissify boy’s sports. No wonder grown women are saying their are not enough real men out there anymore. More and more of them are either gay or sissies and it's liberal teachers like you that helped to make them that way.

P.S. xzochye, you have done nothing but insult me, even in private messages, since I’ve been here. . Your opening statement in this post was, "You sound like an even bigger ass than normal." Well, I’m sick of your unprovoked insults and I'm not putting up with it anymore either. If you can dish it out, so can I. If you’re not woman enough to take what you dish out, then knock it off.

Scarlett
October 30th, 2011, 7:32 PM
Wow. If it weren't against the rules I would be calling someone an *******. But since it is, I won't.
I'll just say that was rather harsh.
:(

dawglover
October 30th, 2011, 7:38 PM
Wow. If it weren't against the rules I would be calling someone an *******. But since it is, I won't.
I'll just say that was rather harsh.
Yes. you;re right Scarlet, it was harsh. But, read my P.S. paragraph in the post. Their was a reason for it and it was a long time coming. Anyway, it wasn't directed at you.

Night Owl
October 30th, 2011, 7:39 PM
:jerry: I'm glad I'm on the sidelines with my popcorn.

Scarlett
October 30th, 2011, 7:41 PM
:jerry: I'm glad I'm on the sidelines with my popcorn.

I'm glad this is behind us, Owl. I don't like this. :(

xzochye
October 30th, 2011, 7:46 PM
First thing xzochye, get your head screwed on before you run your mouth. Because the Dawgs have made it to the payoffs - again, they are winners. They’re the district champions for crying out loud. "Champions" DO NOT equal "losers." You are smart enough to understand that I hope. Because Shoemaker got beat by everybody, and I do mean everybody, they are losers. Losers lose – got it?

You think that SHS’s football team that got whopped by every single team they played, usually by large numbers, and then get trounced 70-6 by Cove's second string are not a lousy team? If so, you're either nuts or on drugs. If that's not a lousy football team then there is no such thing as “lousy.”

You seem like the kind of teacher that would want to give a trophy of equal value to the losers because they "participated." Whoopee do!!!

Kids my ass! These are young men in their teens. They’re in a tough sport. Football is not for sissy's that whimper when they’re told the truth. The reason they are "losers" is partly because they have "touchy feely" teachers and coaches like you.

This is you: "Don’t talk that way, remember they're just kids, nah nah nah nah," "...and "It's okay to be a loser, after all it's only a game and they're just kids, nah nah nah nah, wha wha wha. Phwwt!!!.

That kind of BS breeds sissies. When you get young men in sport you teach them to compete and let them know that if you don’t win, then you lose, and if you lose you are by definition "a loser." If that is uncomfortable you pick yourself up, work harder then the other guy and start winning. God help us all if our Army ever gets trained the way teachers like you think. They’d never win a battle and our country would be screwed.

You liberal teachers really gall me sometimes. First you want to dumb down the schools and then you want to sissify boy’s sports. No wonder grown women are saying their are not enough real men out there anymore. More and more of them are either gay or sissies and it's liberal teachers like you that helped to make them that way.

P.S. xzochye, you have done nothing but insult me, even in private messages, since I’ve been here. . Your opening statement in this post was, "You sound like an even bigger ass than normal." Well, I’m sick of your unprovoked insults and I'm not putting up with it anymore either. If you can dish it out, so can I. If you’re not woman enough to take what you dish out, then knock it off.

Whatever Dawg. I called you a name in 1 public post and then one time in a pm and that one was after you referred to me as something I am not.

Yeah the Dawgs are district champions. Congrats to them, they have earned it. But like I said that is as far as it goes since they can't seem to win in the playoffs.

SHS has lost to every team (officially) but not whooped. In 3 of their last 5 games they were 2-3 points away from winning.

Sounds like you have some "sissy" issues your self to deal with but hey if your content with yourself then leave it be.

As for me no more responses on this topic to you. (That is until the Dawgs lose in the playoffs.)

(Sorry Rick and Scarlet I didn't think about breaking the forum rules in my earlier post :/)

dawglover
October 30th, 2011, 7:50 PM
Whatever Dawg. I called you a name in 1 public post and then one time in a pm and that one was after you referred to me as something I am not.

Yeah the Dawgs are district champions. Congrats to them, they have earned it. But like I said that is as far as it goes since they can't seem to win in the playoffs.

SHS has lost to every team (officially) but not whooped. In 3 of their last 5 games they were 2-3 points away from winning.

Sounds like you have some "sissy" issues your self to deal with but hey if your content with yourself then leave it be.

As for me no more responses on this topic to you. (That is until the Dawgs lose in the playoffs.)

(Sorry Rick and Scarlet I didn't think about breaking the forum rules in my earlier post :/)

I'm cool with that (until the Dawgs are Regional champs and then State champs). :)

jimbob
October 31st, 2011, 9:04 AM
It is funny that people blame losing a playoff game on coaching or lack of determination on players. Get a Clue! Only 2 teams will finish the playoffs with a win. Getting to the playoffs is a great honor. Whether it is one, two, three, four, five, or six games deep a team goes, it is an honor. I'm proud of the Dawgs for continually getting to the playoffs as one of the smallest 5A teams in the state. That says something!:)8-;

Agent X
October 31st, 2011, 3:48 PM

This whole rant reminds me of something an old football coach told his player after the player taunted and celebrated in the end zone after a touchdown. He said, "Son, act like you've been there before!".

Cove's success speaks for itself. There is no need for name-calling or berating another team or the fan of another team. Victory proves its own point and this little verbal victory lap only diminishes the accomplishment.

Dawglover reminds me of the day after Thanksgiving...................................... NO CLASS!

CenTexDave
October 31st, 2011, 6:25 PM
I think this entire thread got out of hand. Started out as good natured teasing and turned into something it shouldn't have.