PDA

View Full Version : Dog chewing pad off of her foot!

spedkiddos
October 17th, 2011, 4:12 PM
Sadie is one of my dogs, close to 7 years old, she is less than 30 pounds. Sadie has always has chewed on her nails, and once in awhile the pads of her feet. Over the past few days we have noticed that she has started limping... I've been trying to put triple antibiotic on it, but she has been licking it off. This afternoon she was limping even more, so I looked at it again and she has chewed off a good portion of one of her pads. You would think that if it hurts she would stop, but NO!!! Would an elizabethan collar help to get her to stop chewing on her feet? I've looked at her foot and I have not seen anything stuck in there, I've tried spraying hot spot spray on it. Has anyone dealt with a dog like this, and what worked to get them to stop?

mac
October 17th, 2011, 5:24 PM
the only thing you can do is dx what she's alergic to and tx for it.....mac

Sadie is one of my dogs, close to 7 years old, she is less than 30 pounds. Sadie has always has chewed on her nails, and once in awhile the pads of her feet. Over the past few days we have noticed that she has started limping... I've been trying to put triple antibiotic on it, but she has been licking it off. This afternoon she was limping even more, so I looked at it again and she has chewed off a good portion of one of her pads. You would think that if it hurts she would stop, but NO!!! Would an elizabethan collar help to get her to stop chewing on her feet? I've looked at her foot and I have not seen anything stuck in there, I've tried spraying hot spot spray on it. Has anyone dealt with a dog like this, and what worked to get them to stop?