PDA

View Full Version : Hockey Anyone?

Rick
October 4th, 2011, 8:01 PM
No, we'll not play, but how about going to a game?

I'm looking at Saturday, November 12th, 6:00pm at the Cedar Park Center. They are giving away Stars and Stripes hats that night. (I have no idea what they look like) Plus, I am sure we can figure out some sort of game to give away some CTT coffee cups and all attending will get a coveted (ya right :)) ) CenTexTalk.com window sticker.

If there is enough interest, I'll make the group arrangements and we'll go spend an evening together watching men bash their teeth in. Um, I mean play hockey! :)

I'll need to get 14 or more people who want to go since the group rates start at 15 people. I'm looking at the Executive level seats which will cost $12.00 each.

http://www.texasstarshockey.com/home/

Here's the Seating Chart (http://www.texasstarshockey.com/tickets/seating/) I'll try for seats in the purple sections on the Stars side.

If you want to go, let me know how many tickets you'd like if we do this. I can set up the Paypal link or we'll make arrangements however we need to to get you the tickets.

Rick
October 5th, 2011, 9:43 AM
Since this is Military Appreciation weekend, they are including a $2.00 price increase that will be donated to a military organization. So the tickets will cost $14.00 each.

I have twenty seats reserved for section 103, rows N, O, and P.

Rick
October 5th, 2011, 11:59 AM
Between my coworkers and members here, I have 14 who will go and another 9 maybe's.

:thumbsup

Rick
October 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
As it stands right now, I have the first twenty tickets spoken for. So for those who told me that you may need more, let me know so that I can order them.

Hopefully, I will have them in hand any day now so I can get them distributed to you.

Also, I am thinking about going to the Buffalo Wild Wings near the Cedar Park Center for a bite to eat before the game, if anyone wants to meet me there, let me know. We'll shoot the crap, eat, and then go to the game.

Rick
October 22nd, 2011, 11:22 PM
Since someone told me that he needed two more tickets, went ahead and ordered five more, so at this point, I have three available.

If those of you who told me you want to go, want to use Paypal, send me a PM and I will give you my Paypal email address. Then we will figure out how to get the tickets to you.

Rick
November 6th, 2011, 7:12 PM
All twenty five tickets have been spoken for. If anyone else is interested, let me know in a hurry!

I am still planning to have dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings before the game, so if anyone would like to meet my daughter and me there, let me know.

Rick
November 8th, 2011, 8:24 AM
Reminder, the first 2,500 fans get a Stars and Stripes hat.

Also, I was told that after the Stars game, UT and A&M will be going at it and that is included at no extra charge.

xzochye
November 8th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Awesome! time to pull out my A&M sweatshirt!

Night Owl
November 8th, 2011, 11:55 AM
I will wear my UT gear.:)

Night Owl
November 10th, 2011, 4:30 PM
Rick
Which BWW and what time?

Rick
November 10th, 2011, 5:15 PM
Its in the shopping center just south of the Cedar Park Center. I'll probably be there from 4-5ish.

I'll pm you my number so you can call.

Night Owl
November 10th, 2011, 7:24 PM
Roger. I will call when we get close.

Rick
November 12th, 2011, 5:45 PM
Hockey time!

xzochye
November 12th, 2011, 6:47 PM
Hey NO, I like how you are sporting the maroon! Go Aggies! :)

Rick
November 12th, 2011, 10:43 PM
I just have to say thanks to everyone who came to the game. Forum members, my coworkers and their families. The only thing that could have made the night better is if the Stars would have won.

I also have to say that contrary to popular belief, I am not so narcissistic to call the group the Rick _____ group. That was absolutely ridiculous for them to do that and I was embarrassed by that ****. Especially when the salesman I first dealt with asked me the name of the group and I will promote CTT whenever I can. I now understand why he is no longer working there. I'm pissed about that, after all, by arranging this, twenty-five people walked through their doors that otherwise would not have gone, the least they could do is get the name of our group right.

xzochye
November 13th, 2011, 12:02 AM
LOL it's all good Rick...we know you enjoyed your name up there!

The night ended on a great note! A&M won! I have some great trophy pics to share! I have to say this game was much more exciting than the Stars. Fights and everything!

Now it's 12:01 and I am waiting on the train to pass so I can head home.

Rick
November 13th, 2011, 5:05 AM
That's great. Glad you had fun.

I wrote to the director of ticketing at 11:05 pm and at 11:43 pm he replied with:

Rick,</SPAN></SPAN>

I found out who did this. It looks like you ordered your tickets through Brett Dalbey. He had resigned his position several weeks ago. It looks like you attend fairly often. I will find a way to get you and some guests back out and make sure the proper name is announced. </SPAN></SPAN>

Nathan Reilly</SPAN>
Director of Ticket Sales
Texas Stars Hockey Club</SPAN>

I wasn't expecting that.

Of course, I will still have to go to work on Monday and hear about it from coworkers, some of which were with one of the Cub Scout packs that was there...lol

Night Owl
November 13th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Rick
We had a great time. I just want to thank you for taking the lead and setting this up. It was also great to see stormy again. My granddaughter had a great time and wouldn't stop talking on the way home.

We left in the first period of the UT/A&M game when the score was 2-0 Aggies. The aggies had a much better team than UT and it showed. I would be surprised if the Horns even scored.

I have sent an e-mail to A&M, I was very upset by the total disrespect the team and coaches showed during the playing of the Anthem. The only person on theior team was a young lady that had her hand over her heart.

Rick
November 13th, 2011, 11:36 AM
You're welcome glad you had fun. Was nice to meet your wife too.

Ya, the National Anthem at the Stars games bothers me when the words "Stars" and "Star" come in the song, the crowd shouts the words. Maybe it's just me, but I don't like that and don't think it's appropriate.

Night Owl
November 13th, 2011, 4:22 PM
I had the same feeling when they screamed "stars" during the Anthem.

stormy
November 14th, 2011, 5:43 PM
It was fun! My daughter enjoyed it too! It was really great to see Owl & Rick again and to meet xzyoche! Thanks again to Rick for getting that put together!

Rick
November 14th, 2011, 5:48 PM
You're welcome! Can't wait until the next one!

The Stars representative called today. Told me to let him know when we want to go again and how many tickets we need! So maybe around or after the holidays, we'll look into getting together again.