PDA

View Full Version : Rangers Returning to Playoffs...AGAIN!!

cnjbond
September 24th, 2011, 8:02 AM
The Rangers have done it again!!! They have a pretty good shot at going to the World Series again because none of the other AL teams look that dominating to me but I'm not so sure how they would stack up against some of the top NL teams.

CenTexDave
September 24th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Looks like the Rangers will open against the Tigers. Both Detroit and Texas are battling for the second home field spot. Tigers are playing good, and have pitcher Justin Verlander. Thankfully, he can't pitch every game. lol
Getting by the Yankees won't be easy, but Texas has fared well against them.
Think it very possibly could be Texas vs the Phillies in the World Series.
Too much great pitching on the Phils. Whoever Philadelphia faces in the World Series will fall.

Night Owl
September 24th, 2011, 2:03 PM
If Boston stays the Wikd Card then the Rangers will either play Boston or the Yankees. Depends on who is in the #2 spot between them and Detroit. The only way Detroit and the Rangers play is if the Angels take the wild card. Rangers have a good shot against anyone in the playoffs including the Phillies.

CenTexDave
September 27th, 2011, 4:07 PM
Rangers are playing real good, but watch out for Detroit. That Justin Verlander is just unbelievable.
Please, Lord, anybody but the Yankees.

Night Owl
September 28th, 2011, 7:36 AM
Looks like they may play the wildcard team (Boston or Tampa Bay).

finalbowser
September 28th, 2011, 6:16 PM
I'm hoping for a Brewers/Rangers World Series. :) (I'm a Wisconsin transplant.)

cnjbond
October 1st, 2011, 9:12 AM
I think the Rangers forgot to show up...that was a good old fashioned butt whooping!! I think the they need to play all of their playoff games on the road, they are TERRIBLE at home!

cnjbond
October 4th, 2011, 9:58 PM
Rangers took the series 3 games to 1, now they're waiting on the winner of the Detroit vs Yankee series.

CenTexDave
October 5th, 2011, 10:40 PM
And the Tigers and Yanks go to a game 5. Rangers should be well rested.

cnjbond
October 6th, 2011, 7:55 AM
And the Tigers and Yanks go to a game 5. Rangers should be well rested.
Hopefully that'll turn out good for the Rangers. CJ is scheduled to pitch game 1 and I pray he pitches better than his last outing, where he got ROCKED by the Rays!

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Goodbye New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))
Rangers and Tigers should be great. Tigers should be tired after that NY series, but Verlander is rested.
Go Rangers!!

cnjbond
October 7th, 2011, 2:25 PM
I hope so, that took a lot of moxy (sp?) to go into New York and close out the series! Unfortunately Texas has the better record so they have home-field advantage...hopefully they'll play better at home than they did last year in the playoffs.

finalbowser
October 7th, 2011, 9:28 PM
Rangers/Brewers is still on the table!! :)

xzochye
October 7th, 2011, 11:19 PM
I can't believe the Cardinals won! WOW! So was not expecting that one. Generally I will root for Rangers but I may not be able to this time!

cnjbond
October 8th, 2011, 7:58 AM
I wonder if Cliff Lee is still happy about that decision...see what happens when you listen to your wife when it involves sports?!!! LOL, just kidding ladies :)

gnatsum
October 10th, 2011, 9:20 PM
Just checked today's game : Nelson Cruz hit the first walkoff grand slam in postseason history to give the Rangers a 2-0 advantage in the ALCS.
Tigers lose a classic in 11 innings, 7-3.

cnjbond
October 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just checked today's game : Nelson Cruz hit the first walkoff grand slam in postseason history to give the Rangers a 2-0 advantage in the ALCS.
Tigers lose a classic in 11 innings, 7-3.
It was a sight to behold! I just hope they can keep the mojo going!

CenTexDave
October 12th, 2011, 1:50 PM
They didn't, but still lead the series.

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 1:55 PM
Rangers in 6.

cnjbond
October 12th, 2011, 6:32 PM
Rangers in 6.
I hope you're right NOstradamus!! :thumbsup

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:15 PM
Top of the 10th Rangers man on second and no outs.
Young at the plate.
0-2 count.

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:16 PM
1-2

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:17 PM
Strike out.
1 out runner on second.
Beltra intentional walk.
Runners on 1st and second

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:19 PM
Napali at bat.
Tigers meeting at the mound.

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:23 PM
1-0
Cruz in the on deck circle
1-1 swing and miss
Napali singles, runner on second scores
Rangers lead 4-3
1 out runners on 1st and second.
Cruz swings and its GONE. HOMERUN!!!!!
3 runs score
Rangers lead 7-3. GO RANGRERS!!!!!!
Pitching change.

Night Owl
October 12th, 2011, 9:23 PM
End of play by play.:)

cnjbond
October 12th, 2011, 10:12 PM
That was a great game! Something tells me Cruz will start being walked quite a bit more now...

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Win it tonight. No game 7 - Tigers will have Verlander available for that.

corgifan
October 15th, 2011, 6:57 PM
Hoping for a game 7. More baseball. I'd like to see the Tigers cruise, but they don't have enough pitching and the Rangers are too loaded.

cnjbond
October 15th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Hoping for a game 7. More baseball. I'd like to see the Tigers cruise, but they don't have enough pitching and the Rangers are too loaded.
Oh there was some cruising going on alright...Nelson Cruz! The Rangers are going back to the World Series baby!!!!! BTW, NO...the NOstradamus thing is starting to get scary now, I think I need to get my lottery numbers from you! ;)

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2011, 10:18 PM
This one is as good as over. Wish the Rangers had home field advantage for the World Series, but they can do this. St Louis can only pitcher Carpenter 2, possibly 3, times.

Night Owl
October 16th, 2011, 12:15 AM
WORLD SERIES, BABY!!!!!