PDA

View Full Version : Eagles: A bird of a different feather?

Agent X
September 15th, 2011, 11:08 AM
A reliable source has told "this reporter" that the Ellison Eagles have spent this bye week and will spend next week installing the spread offense. Without the help of the Cobb Brothers, the ground pounding wing-T has been stymied and the Eagle offense has become as predictable as the leg-tingling analysis of Chris Matthews after an Obama speech.

Enter mystery QB. A player so mysterious that even his name escapes me at this particular moment but his performance against Waco, though a little raw, showed that he has a decent arm and with some reps will probably become a better decision-maker.

I applaud the Eagles for halting their attempt to make Eagle salad out of Eagle *&@# as it pertains to the ground and pound attack and joining the new millenium.

This should be interesting.

onetime
September 15th, 2011, 7:07 PM
I predict that the Eagles are about to go on a run similar to that of the Harker Heights Knights after Ross Rogers left. Obscure, meaningless, heavy on schemes, and plays, low on execution. They are just making the area look like DO-DO with the talent that has rolled through there. The problem is not the Wing-T but the execution of the Wing-T and the way the program is ran. I would agree that there kids are better suited for a different offense, but I do not think a spread off may be the best choice./.

CenTexDave
September 16th, 2011, 12:39 AM
You might want to try the pro set like Cove uses. It seems to have done quite well the past 12 years or so

RooDawg
September 16th, 2011, 10:50 AM
I also heard that the Eagles are switching offenses...huh? Let's see, spring ball; summer workouts; fall practices; three weeks into the season...yeah, now sounds like a GREAT time to change your offense...and if the change is because they have a guy who looks like he can throw a football they are in trouble (their QB position was 11-33 against waco...33% completion rate, not promising enough)...

I have never agreed with the decision to go with the wing-t at ellison (didn't think temple should have done that either when they did...now temple is in the spread this year and putting up some numbers this year...but they made their change in the spring)

i have a couple of questions about the change though:

Who has spread offense experience on the coaching staff?
If that coach was on the staff why wasnt this change made earlier (like during fall workouts)?
If this coach wasn't on the staff, why was he hired as an offensive coach for a wing-t team?
What work has been done with the receivers? We know that ellison has athletes but do they have receivers? (not the same thing)
In the last game against Waco, ellison was still a wing-t team but threw the ball 33 times...will they now be a spread team that will run the ball more than throw or try and be balanced?

even with this offensive change I do not believe that the eagles will win until the last week of the season against shoemaker...the spread offense, although maybe ideal for the talent over at ellison, will only prolong a game that, more than likely, will be a losing one for the eagles...

Agent X
September 16th, 2011, 11:06 AM
You might want to try the pro set like Cove uses. It seems to have done quite well the past 12 years or so

Given the talent that has gone through Cove over the last decade, you could draw the plays up in the dirt and win 50% of the ballgames!!! :)