PDA

View Full Version : Big 12 Will Soon Be A Thing of the Past

CenTexDave
September 4th, 2011, 1:20 PM
First Nebraska. Then Colorado. Now A&M has announced it will join the SEC next year.
Now Oklahoma making noises. PAC-12 has just announced they are in talks with OK and UT.
What used to be on of the premier conferences in the country will now be filled with also-rans. Baylor, Tech, OSU in the South, Missouri, K-State, Iowa State and Kansas in the North.
Say what you want, but this is mainly UT's fault. A&M felt like the left out step child. Nebraska never made the revenue that UT did, etc. This new Longhorn Network, which isn't carried on any cable or satellite service that I know of, was the final straw.
The Big 12 Commissioner should be shot!

cnjbond
September 4th, 2011, 2:29 PM
This is dejavu of the old SWC...

onetime
September 4th, 2011, 9:46 PM
First Nebraska. Then Colorado. Now A&M has announced it will join the SEC next year.
Now Oklahoma making noises. PAC-12 has just announced they are in talks with OK and UT.
What used to be on of the premier conferences in the country will now be filled with also-rans. Baylor, Tech, OSU in the South, Missouri, K-State, Iowa State and Kansas in the North.
Say what you want, but this is mainly UT's fault. A&M felt like the left out step child. Nebraska never made the revenue that UT did, etc. This new Longhorn Network, which isn't carried on any cable or satellite service that I know of, was the final straw.
The Big 12 Commissioner should be shot!

Who cares? Bring on the playoff system ASAP please

bbh
September 4th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I'm just a dinosaur, I guess. I still miss the SWC. Thanksgiving Day. Texas-OU. Shootouts with the Razorbacks. Sigh....

onetime
September 4th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Nostalgia is the killer of all things, who doesn't love watching Texas pound Iowa state 56 - 0 or watching Nebraska destroy Colorado 72-10? I'd rather watch that any day over watching Oregon take on LSU in death valley. Same thing for college basketball I'd love to watch duke sweep through the ACC when it's down and take on the number two team in the country a month after the season is over. Sarcasm was used throughout this entire post.

CenTexDave
September 5th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Think I'm gonna be a Boise State fan. Just like the color blue. :)

cnjbond
October 6th, 2011, 4:43 PM
Hold on, TCU is rumored to be moving to the Big XII instead of the Big East! Now if they could find 2 more schools and hold on to Missouri...

CenTexDave
October 7th, 2011, 4:14 PM
I'd go after SMU, Houston, Boise State or BYU. TCU may bail on the Big East now that Pitt and UConn have decided to join the ACC.
May even need more than those because Missouri is now squawking about joining the SEC.

cnjbond
October 14th, 2011, 7:42 PM
The Super conferences are beginning to form, it was just a matter of time!!!

Mountain West, C-USA plan football merger (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-mountainwest-conferenceusa-merger)

CenTexDave
October 15th, 2011, 12:43 PM
I agree, and blame this BCS (Big Crook of $hi_t) more than anything else.

Iteachtoo
October 15th, 2011, 5:17 PM
They are taking the fun out of college football.