PDA

View Full Version : Cove's Buckram Going to the Browns?

Rick
July 26th, 2011, 12:44 PM
My son just sent me a text saying that Buckram was going to the Browns.

Night Owl
July 26th, 2011, 1:11 PM
Who is Buckram? Who are the Browns?:)

Ludwig
July 26th, 2011, 2:41 PM
Who cares? Really?

cnjbond
July 26th, 2011, 8:57 PM
Who cares? Really?
Everyone else that reads the sports threads for info and not just to troll....now may I go across your bridge?

Rick
July 26th, 2011, 10:10 PM
LOL Chuck, we have a smiley for that.

:troll

onetime
July 26th, 2011, 10:15 PM
I guess its a good thing and a bad thing, on one hand he made it to the NFL, and not the first area native to do so (Michael Jameson - Ellison Grad) - BAd thing is that it is a new coach in a new system with a very short period of time to learn the system do to the lockout. I hope he sticks, they've got a pretty good back there as well.

xzochye
July 26th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Dumb question here but is Buckram a student or coach from Cove?

onetime
July 26th, 2011, 11:18 PM
Former running back, went on to UTEP -

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2011, 12:56 AM
He was named to some All-American teams as a junior and a Doak Walker pre-season candidate his senior year (best RB). He was injured for a good part of his senior year though and fell off everybody's radar.

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Who is Buckram? Who are the Browns?:)
He might be the guy that Colt McCoy is soon handing the ball off to.

onetime
July 27th, 2011, 7:35 AM
He might be the guy that Colt McCoy is soon handing the ball off to.

Nah, they have an all-pro caliber back there now. He will be lucky to get much if any playing time.

CenTexDave
July 27th, 2011, 9:25 AM
I know, that Peyton Hillis is a horse. Buckrum will be lucky to make the team.
Tim Atchison, former Cove safety who played his college ball at Baylor, also signed with the Rams.
And a big article today in the KDH sports section about local players back in training camp. Specifically mentioned Roy Miller (Shoemaker-UT-Tampa Bay Bucs) and Dominic Ziegler (HH-Baylor-49'ers). Guess they never heard of Charles Tillman (Cove-LA-Lafayette-Bears).

Rick
August 1st, 2011, 8:06 PM
Buckram didn't pass the physical.