PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE OPEN!!!!

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
July 22nd, 2011, 10:24 AM
We are having telephone issues at Killeen Veterinary Clinic this morning (Friday, July 22). If anyone has called and your call did not go through please call again as we have had our land lines forwarded to our cell phones. I apologize for the inconvenience and we are working as hard as we can to get our phones back up and running properly.

Thanks for your understanding!

Brad Buckley

stormy
July 22nd, 2011, 10:51 AM
Quick question: Do you have Time Warner for your phones Dr. Buckley?

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
July 22nd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Quick question: Do you have Time Warner for your phones Dr. Buckley?

Yes.

Phone service has been restored but we seem to be having problems more often than I remember in the past. It's just a bit frustrating in a business where we rely on that dependability to serve our clients and our patients.

stormy
July 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
The reason I ask is because we also have TWC phones. We have been having issues with our phones since last August. We've had our lines checked, our modem replaced, and I can't even begin to count how many tech visits and they tell us they just can't find anything. Constant outages, loud static, dropped calls, loud clicking noises, and when customers call my office they get a recording that our number is not a working number. We have been battling them since last year. We have had 3 meetings at our office with 3 different TWC Business Class managers from Austin with other business owners in Killeen who are having the same problems, and each time they tell us the same thing; they'll monitor our lines and let us know what they see. If they can't find and fix the problem, they have enough documentation to let us out of our contract, and those people are never to be heard from again. They never call back, and will not return our calls. When we are lucky enough to get another rep. to address the issue, the process starts all over again...

Some areas in Killeen are worse than others (our area here on Stan Schleuter is really bad) and have been going on for a very long time, and other areas are just now starting to experience the problems. We have learned that it is several different things that are causing the different issues. Some issues can be fixed temporarily, and some issues can't be fixed at all. The Rancier area is now starting to have the problems we've been experiencing over here.

It would be one thing if the issues were just once in a blue moon...even every so often, but ours are daily events, every week. Unfortunately, our problems and the several other businessowners we know of started off as happening once in a while, and increased to a constant daily problem.

If you end up having the constant problems we are having, feel free to let me know, and I'll pass on any information I have that might be helpful. I hope you're the exception to the problems Dr. Buckley!!!

CenTexDave
July 22nd, 2011, 1:15 PM
What are you waiting for? Tell them to kiss off and call the phone company. If they won't let you out of the contract sue their butts.

stormy
July 22nd, 2011, 1:27 PM
I hear ya Dave...I hear ya....:(

THEMEANOGRE
July 22nd, 2011, 3:40 PM
It sounds as though they're pushing too many different types of information through the cable lines. One would think that breaking things down into separate lines should fix their problems. For each separate service purchased from them run an individual line dedicated to that purpose. They' re trying to fill too many pairs of shoes at one time without the feet (resources) required to do the job right.

poundpup
July 23rd, 2011, 3:32 PM
I have TWC high speed internet (the expanded data plan) and I use Vonage. No issues for the past 4 years (unless TWC is down) which is rarely. We used to have TWC phone and had a lot of dropped calls and silence. It was blamed on our microwave and what nots - but with Vonage we do not have this issue. And it is a heck of a lot cheaper.

THEMEANOGRE
July 23rd, 2011, 3:52 PM
All inclusive services sounds convenient, but not when you experience such problems.

engteach64
July 24th, 2011, 3:15 PM
I have had 5 DVRs, several visits from techs due to interrupted cable, and phone calls dropped regularly, or dead phone lines. High speed internet is slow, and I am constantly getting kicked off the internet. My entire neighborhood was having issues so they replaced the cable lines (in my back yard), and the tv went dead. They said it was my modem, so replaced it, next it was my wiring, so they replaced it...same story different verse. They offer 3 months free pay channels, but I'm not falling into that trap. Three months free, I forget about it and end up being charged. Nope, I always decline. I'm just too lazy to research new companies to change. We never had trouble with TWC in New York.