PDA

View Full Version : USA Beats France in Womens' World Cup Semis

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2011, 4:47 PM
3 - 1. Plays Japan, who beat Germany and Sweden to get to the finals, on Sunday.

cnjbond
July 13th, 2011, 6:30 PM
The US played a GREAT game!!!

Rick
July 13th, 2011, 9:11 PM
Don't give a damn about soccer, but it's USA all the way! I hope they win!

CenTexDave
July 13th, 2011, 9:15 PM
If you'd watch it you'd give a damn. The action never stops.

Night Owl
July 14th, 2011, 7:09 AM
I tried watching one time and fell asleep in the first 5 minutes. Action, ACTION what do you consider action. It is not running up and down a field playing keep-a-way from the other team. BORING!!!!!

cnjbond
July 14th, 2011, 7:58 AM
I tried watching one time and fell asleep in the first 5 minutes. Action, ACTION what do you consider action. It is not running up and down a field playing keep-a-way from the other team. BORING!!!!!
I'm that way too NO but their game against France was action packed (even for a soccer game)!

siamcat
July 15th, 2011, 4:39 PM
I used to watch soccer games (it's kind of mandatory growing up in Germany:)), then after I met my husband we would watch football games. We came back to the states and started watching ice hockey.
Now every other sport seems slow to me and soccer players remind me of prima donnas. Hey he looked at me mean that's a foul or they get a little bump and roll all over the grass for five minutes.
I'm rooting for the USA but probably won't watch.

cnjbond
July 17th, 2011, 4:46 PM
Great World Cup match today...unfortunately USA had a few sloppy moments that cost them the game...well that and also going into prevent defense, it doesn't work in the NFL and it doesn't work in soccer!

siamcat
July 17th, 2011, 4:54 PM
They also need to practice their penalty kicks.
It was a hard fought game, hubby was watching and I kind of just listened.
Congrats to Japan.
Way to go USA for making it to the finals.

Rick
July 17th, 2011, 6:56 PM
Great World Cup match today...unfortunately USA had a few sloppy moments that cost them the game...well that and also going into prevent defense, it doesn't work in the NFL and it doesn't work in soccer!
That's what I was thinking too.

CenTexDave
July 17th, 2011, 7:03 PM
Sloppy moments? About the first 30 minutes. They had ten shots on goal by then and never put one in the net. That came back to haunt them. For the first time in this World Cup the coach starts a different lineup. Bad move.
I knew we were dead when it ended tied and went to the shootout.
We beat this very same team twice in May in "friendlies". Guess Japan learned. We didn't.
But congrats to Japan. They played like they wanted it more.