PDA

View Full Version : Dog park

SamBrown
July 12th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Just wondering if we have a dog park anywhere in Killeen, H. H., Cove area?

jack
July 13th, 2011, 6:09 AM
There will be one in Purser Park in HH off Mountain Lion RD in next year

SamBrown
July 14th, 2011, 1:39 PM
Awesome. Is there a projected time?

Night Owl
July 14th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Keep your nasty Killeen dogs out of HH dog park. Don't want mine associating with lower class dogs!!!:)

kantwin
July 14th, 2011, 5:18 PM
How about an indoor dog park? I know of a church downtown. . .
OK, I was just kidding.

xzochye
July 14th, 2011, 6:08 PM
I love the idea of a dog park. I just visited the most beautiful dog park in Olathe Kansas. It is 30 acres, completely fenced in, has a small pond for the doggies to swim in, a forest area, and a walking trail all around it. Imagine Carl Levin Park minus the playground. Wish we would get something similar!

THEMEANOGRE
July 14th, 2011, 7:28 PM
I've seen folks with dogs off leash around a pond deep inside the Cove city park.

clerial
July 14th, 2011, 7:49 PM
A dog park sounds great but my dog gets too excited when she sees another dog. Maybe she would get use to it but it would take a while. She is strong and my back would be jerked around till she learned to act right around other dogs.

clerial
July 14th, 2011, 7:52 PM
How about an indoor dog park? I know of a church downtown. . .
OK, I was just kidding.

Or the city council chambers!

finalbowser
July 14th, 2011, 9:20 PM
Yeah, I can't believe this town doesn't have a dog park somewhere. I have to take my dogs back behind these construction sites where no one else is. >_>

jack
July 15th, 2011, 12:27 PM
puppypupaloza at Carl levin park on the 30th. Last year dozens of dogs, activities. They even used the poll wading area. It was fun

Night Owl
July 15th, 2011, 1:01 PM
Whats a poll wading area?:)

xzochye
July 15th, 2011, 9:48 PM
puppypupaloza at Carl levin park on the 30th. Last year dozens of dogs, activities. They even used the poll wading area. It was funThis is happening on July 30th? What times?

poundpup
July 15th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I can't believe this town doesn't have a dog park somewhere. I have to take my dogs back behind these construction sites where no one else is. >_>

Actually the Killeen Animal Advisory Committee has focused on that subject for a while now. The hold-up is always funding. A properly set up fence with double gating and at least one water fountain was quoted/calculated at about $10,000. Killeen Parks and Recreation and Mr. Morrison have kindly offered land already ... but the fence is just about the main thing, as well as the water. It is on the table. But maybe, just like the Children's Museum, we, who want the park, need to take it into our own hands to provide the necessities. :)

Brian McCall
July 16th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Of course the holdup should be funding. Why should non-dog owners have to pay for your recreation?

jack
July 16th, 2011, 7:20 AM
It is on Aeptember 10th , 9am to noon . Carl Levin Park according to City web site.

clerial
July 16th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Of course the holdup should be funding. Why should non-dog owners have to pay for your recreation?
Brian, I do respect the fact that not everyone loves dogs...we're not all expecting something for nothing.

RalphCossey
July 16th, 2011, 11:25 AM

Brian,

It is for the same reason that non-drivers have to pay for road repairs. And honest people have to pay for police protection. And vegetarians have to pay for FDA inspections on meat products. (yes even pet foods)

Tax monies are collected separately and co-mingled to serve the needs and wishes of all taxpayers corporately. That's why we have parks even when some taxpayers are allergic to grass.

Not all tax expenditures benefit all tax payers. You certainly understand how that is on a national level, so it is locally as well. It's just good policy to serve some focused needs with tax dollars. As long as it does not infringe on liberty, personal property, and life.

It might become one of those incentives that I read about in other threads.

dragonfly
July 16th, 2011, 4:37 PM
I would be too afraid of bringing home fleas!

poundpup
July 16th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Dragonfly, around here it is wise to have proper flea, tick and mosquito prevention on your dogs, and then you have hardly any worries.

SamBrown
July 19th, 2011, 1:20 AM
Good Lord, I have all kinds of replies to take care of:
NO, you need to behave.... I am not a Killeen person; my dogs and I have been residing in H. H. for 13 years:)
Brian, you are an instigator and I mean that, of course, in a very friendly, loving way; lucky for you I am known for my sense of humor.. CHILL mister=;
Those of you who support such a wonderful project for all our 4-legged children.... good for you; hope to get to visit with you in the future;)

Night Owl
July 19th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Ahhh come on Sam, I was poking a little fun at you.:) And since you live in HH of course your wonderful, gentle puppies are welcome. Just not them Killeen thug dogs!!!! They got fleas, no manners and act mean.:))

SamBrown
July 20th, 2011, 2:09 AM
I know you were being funny... you do know that you have a reputation, don't you?!:rolleyes

Night Owl
July 20th, 2011, 7:03 AM
yep and intend on keeping it.