PDA

View Full Version : Horror as man falls to his death in front of young son

JoAnn Purser
July 8th, 2011, 6:47 AM
Horror as man falls to his death in front of young son as he tried to catch ball at baseball game

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2012569/Horror-man-falls-death-young-son-baseball-match.html

This story is so sad. How does a young child recover from this tragedy?

Rick
July 8th, 2011, 7:47 AM
Damn, that's horrible.

cnjbond
July 8th, 2011, 9:49 PM
I also feel sorry for Hamilton, he's pretty tore up about it.

Texas-Rangers-Josh-Hamilton-says-he-could-hear-6-year-old-boy-screaming-after-fathers-fatal-fall-from-stands (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Texas-Rangers-Josh-Hamilton-says-he-could-hear-6-year-old-boy-screaming-after-fathers-fatal-fall-from-stands-070811/?gt1=39002)

CenTexDave
July 8th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Hamilton is the one who threw the ball into the stands for a fan to catch.
This isn't the first incident like this. Someone died earlier this year, I think in the Colorado Rockies' stadium, and someone else got hurt last year at The Ballpark At Arlington.
Nolan Ryan started a Memorial Fund for the man and his family and made a large donation to it. Probably hoping to head off a huge lawsuit.

sallydee13
July 8th, 2011, 11:04 PM
As sad as this is & I think it is terrible, it was an accident.
Based on what I have read & heard:No one pushed the gentleman. He made the decision to try for the ball.
IMO, there should be no lawsuit against anyone - the stadium, the Rangers, Hamilton nor MLB.

CenTexDave
July 9th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I agree with no lawsuit, but maybe these ballparks need to have higher guard rails or even fences up there in the upper deck.

sallydee13
July 9th, 2011, 10:57 PM
I agree with no lawsuit, but maybe these ballparks need to have higher guard rails or even fences up there in the upper deck.

I have not been to this park so I do not know the height of the rails, however, individuals MUST use common sense when attempting to catch a baseball. IMO, it is still the responsibility of the person attending the game to use caution.

Texas Immigrant
July 9th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Yes, the spectators need to use caution, but in the excitement of the game they may forget such cautions. I think higher rails or a net below the rail might be a good idea.