PDA

View Full Version : Rain Skin and Body Laser Hair Removal My Experience

Rick
June 28th, 2011, 9:32 PM
I finally got the nerve up to accept the invitation to give the laser hair removal a try.

I, like most men am tired of shaving, so it wasn't that difficult of a decision and definitely worth giving it a try.

After filling out the paperwork, I went back to the room where I was given some ice packs to cool my face to reduce the effects of the laser. Then she put some gel on my face and went to work with the laser. She started on my cheeks and it felt like fire ant bites, but the stinging only lasted a split second. Certainly not unbearable and much better than cutting myself with a razor.

The worst part was the chin, even though she said the upper lip would be worse. It only took about an hour. I will need five more treatments, one every six weeks, but she is confident that I will get good results.

I met several of the very nice and professional staff including Nick, Jennifer's husband. They all put me at ease about the procedure.

I will keep you updated as this progresses.

Scarlett
June 28th, 2011, 9:47 PM
My ex husband did this. He cried like a baby...lol. BUT they say the darker your skin the more painful it is. He is...DARK.
Six treatments was not enough for him. He went for over 12. But he hasn't had to shave in over 2 years. It does work.

Seriously, it works best for people with dark hair. I went in for it and it never would take for me. :(

But I have SEVERAL friends who have done it and, while none of them are blonde, they all had very successful results as well.

CenTexDave
June 29th, 2011, 9:19 AM
"she said the upper lip would be worse."

Time to grow a good mustache. :)

Rick
June 29th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Naw, I told her I was a tough guy and could handle it. So I wimpered like a baby and went for it. :bluerofl

THEMEANOGRE
June 29th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Well, the face is supposed to be the most sensitive place on a man's body.

Night Owl
June 29th, 2011, 11:55 AM
no it is NOT

Rick
July 1st, 2011, 8:13 PM
Well, I am 100% certain that the hair growth has really slowed even after on treatment. I am very optimistic that this will work.

Rick
August 7th, 2011, 3:09 PM
Round 2 is Tuesday. Will let you know how it goes.

Even at this point, I have noticed that the hair is growing slower.

Rick
August 9th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Due to a scheduling SNAFU at Scott & White, I had to change my appointment to Thursday.

Night Owl
August 10th, 2011, 6:58 AM
Sure, blame it on S&W.:)

Rick
August 10th, 2011, 7:59 AM
Scheduling preop appointments for Monday and NOT scheduling an appointment with the surgeon ISN'T the patient's fault.

At $3.50 per gallon, plus the hours of work I missed did not make me happy. :(

Night Owl
August 10th, 2011, 9:57 AM
I know, they did that more than once when my wife was going through her knee replacement nightmare done at Metroplex.

Rick
October 4th, 2011, 8:06 PM
So far, I have had three treatments and I am down to shaving every other day! The treatments do sting a bit, but it'll be so worth it if I don't ever have to shave again when it is all done. :)