PDA

View Full Version : MAVRICKS

Night Owl
May 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
Wow, down by 15 with about 4 minutes to go and pull out a win in OT. Lead Oklahoma 3-1 and going back to Dallas.

They have a good chance to win it all this year.

GO MAVs!!!!!

corgifan
May 23rd, 2011, 11:49 PM
Quite a good comeback.
And what's with Durant's STUPID backpack at post game interviews. What a poser!!!

Brian McCall
May 24th, 2011, 12:23 AM
It was a good game. They had it on here at work.

clerial
May 24th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Yes, good games...I would have liked OKC to win, but Dallas played the better games. I'm from OK and since they are a new team and all. Dallas has been around a long time...they should be good...

Spartan
May 24th, 2011, 1:39 PM
Yea, but before the first tip-off all the press was talking how the young would certainly defeat the old and worn out. Kiss off, Oklahoma.

clerial
May 24th, 2011, 1:50 PM
I can't help what the press says...

Night Owl
May 24th, 2011, 2:41 PM
Yes, good games...I would have liked OKC to win, but Dallas played the better games. I'm from OK and since they are a new team and all. Dallas has been around a long time...they should be good...

The Thunder franchise is older than the MAVs. The Thunder was just under a different name and ownership.

Formerly the Seattle Supersonics the francise, (founded in 1967) was relocated in 2008 to OKC as the Thunder. The SuperSonics qualified for the NBA playoffs 22 times, won their division six times and won the 1979 NBA Championship. The Thunder made their first playoff berth during the 2009–2010 season and won their first division title in the 2010-11 season.

The Mavs were founded in 1980 and have won three division titles (1987, 2007, 2010) and one conference championship (2006).

clerial
May 24th, 2011, 2:50 PM
So have the Thunder, just under different names.

I don't think OKC has had a pro. basketball team b-4...correct me if I'm wrong...

Spartan
May 24th, 2011, 3:25 PM
The Thunder franchise is older than the MAVs. The Thunder was just under a different name and ownership.

Formerly the Seattle Supersonics the francise, (founded in 1967) was relocated in 2008 to OKC as the Thunder. The SuperSonics qualified for the NBA playoffs 22 times, won their division six times and won the 1979 NBA Championship. The Thunder made their first playoff berth during the 2009–2010 season and won their first division title in the 2010-11 season.

The Mavs were founded in 1980 and have won three division titles (1987, 2007, 2010) and one conference championship (2006).

Thanks for the background. I'm not much of a BB fan. The question is not about how "old" the franchise is but rather how "old" the players on each team are. The word in the media was that OKC was so much younger that Dallas really had little chance to prevail.

CenTexDave
May 24th, 2011, 9:49 PM
Mavs will wrap it up in Dallas. Don't know if they can beat Miami or Chicago though.

Night Owl
May 25th, 2011, 6:57 AM
I don't think OKC has had a pro. basketball team b-4...correct me if I'm wrong...

I think the Jazz moved there for a season right after Katrina hit New Orleans.

clerial
May 25th, 2011, 8:56 AM
OKC will win tonight!

Night Owl
May 25th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Not gonna happen. They had their one game and now it its done. I hope.

CenTexDave
May 25th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Mavs will take it in 5. Nowitzski is the best thing to come out of Germany since the Volkswagen.

cnjbond
May 25th, 2011, 11:06 PM
And the Mavs have taken it!!! I'm with you Dave, I don't know if they'll have enough to beat the Heat or the Bulls but one can hope.

Night Owl
May 26th, 2011, 8:17 AM
MAVs in the NBA Finals! Mavs in 6.

clerial
May 26th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Oh Man...I can't believe it...!

cnjbond
May 26th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Dagnabit, the Bulls let that game slip away...I was hoping it would at least go to game 6!!!

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2011, 8:17 AM
I'm sure the Mavs would have wished it would have gone 6 or 7 games. They could use the rest.
Now it's Dirk versus LeBron James, Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh.
As much as I'd love to see Dallas win it, think the Heat takes it in 6.

gnatsum
May 27th, 2011, 10:16 AM
Now it's up to the Mavericks to deflate LeBron James' ego...he who left the Cavs because he wanted to be on a team that would get to the Championship games.

Message to the Mavericks: LeBron got his wish. Send him AND the Heat home without the Chamipionship! LOL

(wondering 'what if...' LeBron had stayed. Would the Heat still be where they are now. of would the Cavs? the Bulls?

CenTexDave
May 27th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I don't think the Cavs would be there. They still had some good, young talent, but their ancient center tandem of Shaq and Z were washed up. Neither played much of a role when they left the Cavs - Shaq with Boston and Z with the Heat. That's the main reason he left - they had good, young players but they also had weakness at certain positions and I think the Bulls would have taken the division.
Go Mavs!!

Spartan
May 27th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Mavericks in seven. That is my hope.

CenTexDave
May 30th, 2011, 9:12 PM
Game 1 is Tuesday night in Miami. Game 2 also in Miami, then games 3, 4 and 5 are in Dallas.
The Mavs needs to steal one of the first two in Miami. If they can do that they have a decent chance. If the Heat takes the first two this will be over in five, six games max.

corgifan
May 31st, 2011, 10:53 PM
Based on tonight's performance this could be a VERY short series.

CenTexDave
June 1st, 2011, 7:41 AM
Both teams looked pretty shaky until the second half. Nowitaski got his usual 25+; problem is James and Wade and Bosh are too much to stop. I see this going only a max of 6 games, maybe less.

cnjbond
June 1st, 2011, 1:17 PM
It might be a competition if the MAVS learn how to make shots. They missed A LOT of open shots but Corgi might be right, this could be over rather quickly!

Night Owl
June 1st, 2011, 2:18 PM
They missed A LOT of open shots but Corgi might be right, this could be over rather quickly!
With her perdiction record it will be a Mavs championship in 6.:)

eagle410
June 1st, 2011, 3:16 PM

don't worry about OKC.... I'm a fond believer Durant will be a better scorer ultimately than Wade or Dirk... Hook em

eagle410
June 1st, 2011, 3:19 PM
Mavs had a very off night against not a very defensive team... shots will fall in game 2 Mavs in 7

cnjbond
June 2nd, 2011, 2:07 PM
It'll be over if the MAVS don't win tonight. I hate to say game 2 is a must win but it's a must win...

xzochye
June 2nd, 2011, 10:29 PM
The Mavs can't handle the Heat :thumbsup

corgifan
June 2nd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Nice comeback by the Mavs. Classic.

CenTexDave
June 3rd, 2011, 12:29 AM
What a comeback!!!!! I ain't never seem anything like that before.

Night Owl
June 3rd, 2011, 7:07 AM
I guess the MAVs can handle the heat!!!!!!

gnatsum
June 3rd, 2011, 10:04 AM
The Mavs pulled it OFF in Game 2! :thumbsup
Now comes the three-game homestand at AAC!! Hope the Mavs sweep the the three...

cnjbond
June 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
The Mavs pulled it OFF in Game 2! :thumbsup
Now comes the three-game homestand at AAC!! Hope the Mavs sweep the the three...

Wouldn't that be a fitting ending to the LeBrick James story?!!!

xzochye
June 5th, 2011, 7:45 PM
Okay so the Heat lost the other day but I have faith that they will pull it off today!

CenTexDave
June 5th, 2011, 8:39 PM
Kicking their butts right now.

xzochye
June 5th, 2011, 8:41 PM
Yep! Historically the team that breaks a 1-1 tie in game 3 wins the finals.

cnjbond
June 5th, 2011, 9:51 PM
Had the ball in Dirks hands at the end...man, that one hurt!

CenTexDave
June 6th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Games 4 and 5 are a must for the Mavs or this thing is over. No way can they win two in Miami.
Maybe they should try and play basketball before the second half.

cnjbond
June 6th, 2011, 1:42 PM
Maybe someone besides Dirk & Terry can start hitting some shots too!!

gnatsum
June 7th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Mavs win game 4, 86-83!
Series tied 2-2! One more game in Dallas...

cnjbond
June 7th, 2011, 10:50 PM
This is turning out to be a pretty good series, but I wish the Mavs would play good the whole game instead of waiting to the 4th quarter to turn it on!

Night Owl
June 7th, 2011, 11:58 PM
But then there would be no drama!!!

Spartan
June 8th, 2011, 8:16 AM
I make it a practice to watch only the last five minutes of a bb game. The rest is just prologue.

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2011, 11:05 AM
They have to take game 5 or they are finished. No way will they win 2 in Miami.

xzochye
June 8th, 2011, 7:27 PM
I wish I could have watched last nights game but my son's baseball game won out...

I was following the score on my phone and wow! I love it when a game stays real close like that. Makes for an exciting and tense game! What sucks is there is a baseball game AGAIN tomorrow night! grrrrrrrr

CenTexDave
June 8th, 2011, 10:46 PM
Like Spartan said, just tune in for the final five minutes. lol

xzochye
June 8th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Like Spartan said, just tune in for the final five minutes. lol

We caught the last 30 seconds last night....lol

CenTexDave
June 9th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Great game by the Mavs tonight, but still see a few weaknesses I don't like. They need to learn how to rebound. But they played well enough to win.
Now have to get one in Miami.
GO MAVS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Night Owl
June 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM
112-103. Dallas up 3-2. Only need one win in Miami for the Championship.

Night Owl
June 10th, 2011, 7:23 AM
The Mav's are sure handling the heat so far!!!!!:)

CenTexDave
June 10th, 2011, 8:27 AM
Can they take one in Miami for the championship? History says yes, but I don't know. At times both of these teams look like they shouldn't even be playing for the championship.

xzochye
June 10th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Heat will take it in game 7! Honestly, I'm not a fan of Heat or Mavs but I really really can't stand the Mavs. My son's favorite team is the Heat so I will jump on the bandwagon for a little bit....lol

CenTexDave
June 10th, 2011, 5:55 PM
The best team money can buy. lol

Night Owl
June 10th, 2011, 9:19 PM
Dallas will win one in Miami. They have gotten inside the head of the Heat.

FieryPrincess
June 11th, 2011, 8:31 AM
I think people are expecting too much out of a guy that skipped college. Sure, James is very talented, but there are things you learn about being a team leader in a college setting that you can't learn in a high school setting. He doesn't seem to have the push to finish things off. I wonder if he could have developed that trait under a college coaches tutelage.

Meanwhile, the Mavs are hanging in there. Very Texas of them. Go Mavs!

CenTexDave
June 11th, 2011, 6:21 PM
He quit in the conference finals last year against Boston also. Things weren't going the Cavs' way so he just started moping around.
Probably the best player in the game now, but he seems to lack leadership.

Rick
June 11th, 2011, 8:51 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WZPkFmJYVJs/TefYm3_I17I/AAAAAAAAAAM/hNO0ST1UiKc/s1600/CavsMavsStore_medium.jpg

FieryPrincess
June 12th, 2011, 1:48 PM
My husband and I were discussing this some this morning. I don't particularly think that Shaq had talent and skills the way that LeBron does. Shaq had size and brute strength on his side and he could muscle his way there. Shaq, however, seemed to me to be excellent at leading and motivating a team. It was hard not to like the guy even as you were making fun of his inability to hit free throws (particular early in his career).

LeBron doesn't have team leading skills and isn't very motivational for his team.

On the Sports Reporters this morning (my husband watches EVERY week) someone postulated the theory that LeBron chose Miami just so he could get out of the role as lead man. He sure doesn't act like he wants the label or the responsibility.

Dwayne Wade will emerge from that team as the big man and will have a longer, more successful career IMHO.

xzochye
June 12th, 2011, 1:51 PM
Off topic I know but did you ever notice how many people tripped over Shaq's feet during a game?

CenTexDave
June 12th, 2011, 9:50 PM
Mavs WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8-;:):thumbsup:)):-):bounce:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluerofl:bluer ofl

cnjbond
June 12th, 2011, 9:56 PM
Yeah baby!!!! Shebron James is still ringless...I wonder where he'll take his talents too next? Oh wait, what talent...the ability to choke and let your team down in the big game?!

Way to go MAVS!!!!

Rick
June 12th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Cleveland fans are finally celebrating something too.

cnjbond
June 12th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Cleveland fans are finally celebrating something too.
I bet they are! They probably found the talent that he was supposed to have taken with him to Miami too!

gnatsum
June 12th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Lebron forgot that all basketball games have FOUR quarters! He's been next to non-existent in the last period of the Finals games this year!!
Now, only the Rangers lack a national Championship...but at least they got to the World Series last year!! (Cowboys, Stars, and now the Mavs!)

CenTexDave
June 13th, 2011, 7:40 AM
The Cleveland Cavs' owner, Dan Gilbert, got a few choice pokes in on his Twitter account. Something about 'the self-proclaimed King" will never win a championship.

cnjbond
June 13th, 2011, 10:40 AM

Priceless!!!

Night Owl
June 20th, 2011, 1:31 PM
MAVs are NBA CHAMPIONS. They are from Texas, of course they can handle the HEAT!!!!!!

As I predicted in Post #16 MAVs in SIX!!!!!!!