PDA

View Full Version : What about a chat room?

King_of_kings
April 9th, 2009, 6:37 PM
I was wondering... and maybe our techno-demigod admins can decide if this is something that can be done or not...

What about adding a live chat room to the site? Theres almost always a few people online here, would be kinda of nice to have a chatroom to sit around in and shoot the **** in ya know?

christine
April 9th, 2009, 6:40 PM
That’s a pretty good idea.

King_of_kings
April 9th, 2009, 6:42 PM
LOL thanks Christine.... This has to be the first time I posted something and DIDNT catch hell for it

christine
April 9th, 2009, 6:46 PM
thats cause you don't give them back hell! Notice how much ball busting I do?? :) but it is a really good idea.

Scarlett
April 9th, 2009, 6:52 PM
We have tossed that idea around between the two of us since day one... There are pros and cons to it. Rick and I are still discussing it. :thumbsup

Rick
April 9th, 2009, 7:21 PM
I do have the software for one that integrates nicely into the Vbulletin software where there is no additional login and there is a status line that shows who is in the chatroom before logging in.

There are drawbacks.

1. People tend to chat, then when a fight breaks out, they expect the admins to intervene or they carry it back to the forums.

2. People will discuss things said in a chatroom on the forum, and the rest of the users are lost as to what was discussed.

Like Scarlett said, we have talked about it, but it is not completely off the table.

christine
April 9th, 2009, 7:24 PM
There are drawbacks.

1. People tend to chat, then when a fight breaks out, they expect the admins to intervene or they carry it back to the forums.

2. People will discuss things said in a chatroom on the forum, and the rest of the users are lost as to what was discussed.

Like Scarlett said, we have talked about it, but it is not completely off the table.

those are good points...but what about just doing a test run. or put it to a vote for the members to deside. & if it isn't working out can't you simply take it down?

Rick
April 9th, 2009, 7:40 PM
Another drawback, Scarlett would be grading people in real time!!!!

I am not up for that. :bluerofl

Scarlett
April 9th, 2009, 7:49 PM
Y'all ain't neva seen "chatroom Scarlett" yet. Not quite sure you are ready for HER!

King_of_kings
April 10th, 2009, 10:38 AM
whats the worst that can happen with a chatroom Scarlett? you get naked on webcam?? lol hell that would damn near triple our membership overnite...:))

christine
April 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
whats the worst that can happen with a chatroom Scarlett? you get naked on webcam?? lol hell that would damn near triple our membership overnite...:))

yep that would up the membership. :bluerofl

circle_c
April 10th, 2009, 11:31 AM
:bluerofl surely you jest.. :bluerofl

christine
April 10th, 2009, 1:42 PM
am I??:bluerofl

But webcam or not a chartroom would be a great addition

CenTexDave
April 10th, 2009, 2:10 PM
Christine on a webcam naked?? EEEEuuuuuwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll cancel my membership!

christine
April 10th, 2009, 2:11 PM
Hey, I never volunteered my webcam. That just shows where your mind is.:bluerofl

CenTexDave
April 10th, 2009, 2:13 PM
Right in the gutter with yours.

christine
April 10th, 2009, 2:16 PM
but the difference is I don't live there. LOL.
I just find dirty jokes funny. Atleast I admit it. Now back on subject or we will get in trouble again! LOL

FieryPrincess
April 10th, 2009, 2:51 PM
A chatroom would cut down on Christine and Dave's interchanges.

Scarlett
April 10th, 2009, 2:52 PM
A chatroom would cut down on Christine and Dave's interchanges.
And THIS is what we are thinking.

christine
April 10th, 2009, 2:52 PM
see Scarlett&Rick there is another good point. Thank you FP.

Scarlett
April 10th, 2009, 2:55 PM
We are playing with it tonight. Will let you know how it works out and what we decide!

christine
April 10th, 2009, 2:58 PM
Cool. :)

circle_c
April 10th, 2009, 5:16 PM
Rots a ruck :-s

Rick
April 10th, 2009, 6:50 PM
Will let you know how it works out and what we decide!
No we won't, we will keep it a secret and let them keep complaining. :chatter:chatter ;)