PDA

View Full Version : Wrestler Randy Savage Dies In Traffic Crash

TheOldProgrammer
May 20th, 2011, 4:22 PM
How many of you remember "Macho Man"?

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Wrestler_Randy_Savage_Dies_In_Traffic_Crash_122346 864.html

:smoke

xzochye
May 20th, 2011, 5:53 PM
Makes me sad. I used to watch WWF and WCW all the time with my father when I was little. Some great memories!

CenTexDave
May 25th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Never really watched the past generation of this phony garbage, but it was decent entertainment.
If anyone was stationed in Hawaii back in the late 60's and 70's should remember it was huge over there. Every Friday at the Honolulu Civic Center and would broadcast on TV. Then Saturday afternoon live from one of the TV studios. And Saturday nights at Schofield Barracks' Conroy Bowl. Was good fun. Met a number of the wrestlers - both the good guys and the bad guys. "Handsome" Johnny Barand - a psychiatrist from NYC who took a 6 week vacation in Hawaii every year and wrestled. LOL

RockinRita
May 25th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Dave you are correct...wrestling was huge in Hawaii....I was there 78-82.

TheOldProgrammer
May 25th, 2011, 5:23 PM
I can remember, while stationed at Fort Rucker in the late 60s, sitting down with a cold one on Saturday afternoon and watch wrestling on TV for three or four hours on a variety of channels... Friday nights, if one desired, you could go to the Houston County Farm Center in Dothan (AL) and watch live wrestling...

:smoke