PDA

View Full Version : Low cost pet shots at tractor supply

spedkiddos
May 13th, 2011, 1:12 PM
Well I posted this in a previous thread, but I figured I'd post it in a new thread in hopes that more people will see it.

FYI !! They are doing low cost pet vaccinations at the Tractor Supply in Killeen the second Saturday of every month, from 9am-4m. They will also have heart worm testing / preventative, frontline and can also microchip. This is for cats and dogs!

siamcat
May 13th, 2011, 6:10 PM
They're also having them at different HEB's this Saturday. It was in the KDH, but I can't seem to find the article right now. I know it's at the Trimmier one.

Grammar Rules
May 16th, 2011, 6:24 AM
And occasionally at Walgreens in Temple. I prefer the yearly check up with my own vet, but for those with multiple pets and few funds, this helps.

Yve
June 5th, 2011, 10:24 AM
I picked up a flyer in HEB this weekend. This is through Vanguard Veterinarian. They are at HEB next Saturday (6/11) and again on the 25th.

Here is their web site:http://www.lowcostvacc.com/

Texas Immigrant
June 10th, 2011, 10:01 PM
I plan on being at HH HEB from 1-3! Thanks!!

poundpup
June 12th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Just as an aside note (sort of venting), these commercial low cost shot clinics that popped up all over are SERIOUSLY hurting the local animal rescues, whose major income used to come from their annual shot clinics. Another source of income is basically gone, donations are down by well over 50% ... local animal rescue non-profits are hurting financially.
If you have any ideas for fundraising to keep our local non-profit shelters and rescues alive, please feel free to contact me at lizrainey@hot.rr.com. Thank you.

Texas Immigrant
June 12th, 2011, 7:09 AM
Something came up and we weren't able to attend this particular shot clinic. When is the next Annual Shot Clinic from one of the local rescue shelters?

Yve
June 18th, 2011, 2:26 AM
You know, if we knew about the animal rescues offering shots, we would probably gone that route. We were trying to save $$ getting multiple pets their first round of everything. We went that route because it was well advertised, on a weekend, and no appointment--which really helps when taking time off work isn't an option.

Is there a way to advertise to get that business? Also, you said that "annual" so if this is a once a year deal, that sounds like it isn't working well for such a mobile community. Could your clinics be run more often with more press?

On another note, I wondered why these clinics were so cheap and why they went through the effort. When I went, I saw very young people, so I am making the assumption that this gives vet students field experience--much like the cosmetology colleges do. I didn't ask about it, but that sure seemed to be the deal.

xzochye
June 19th, 2011, 3:24 PM
There is a shot clinic this coming Saturday at HEB offered by Vanguard. This is where I took my dogs.

http://www.lowcostvacc.com/

Ang
July 12th, 2012, 7:33 PM
How does this work at tractor supply? I plan to take my Lab on Sat. I don't really trust her around other dogs much. She likes them but is not used to being around other dogs...