PDA

View Full Version : Totally disgusted with neighbors

Nature Lover
May 8th, 2011, 7:42 PM
I have been hearing a dog yipping on and off all day and decided to find out where it is coming from. I have a privacy fence so the the dog was not easily visible except to peep through the slats.

The house behind me has a pit bull pup who is tied to some weight plates with about 4 feet of rope. It does look like it has water available but I saw no food. The pup is so thin that I could see every one of its ribs. There are about 3 or 4 other dogs in the yard but as they are fluffy I could not see if they were malnourished also.

Guess I will be calling animal control first thing tomorrow. Hope they respond to this call quicker than 48 hours like the dead cat.

I don't know what it is about that house but this about the third bunch of people to live there who have mistreated/neglected their dogs.

CenTexDave
May 8th, 2011, 8:33 PM
Probably a crack house.

Scarlett
May 8th, 2011, 8:35 PM
Mistreated dog=Crack house?

Nature Lover
May 8th, 2011, 9:04 PM
I would not be surprised if it were.

siamcat
May 8th, 2011, 9:09 PM
Good luck, we have a maltreated dog behind our house.
We call animal control and it gets better for a few weeks and it's back to normal. Which means the poor dog is in cage on wooden slats, bad water, poop all over, sometimes food sometimes no and no attention.
I gave up calling animal control and now we just throw treats over the fence.
It is sad why some people have pets and pay no attention to them.

flagthis
May 23rd, 2011, 5:01 PM
If the matter isn't resolved by contacting animal control, which most likely won't be as others can attest to, consider contacting a local ASPCA affiliate: http://www.aspca.org/fight-animal-cruelty/report-animal-cruelty.aspx