PDA

View Full Version : After Hours Clinic

xzochye
April 17th, 2011, 12:53 AM
Has anyone taken one of their pets to any of the after hours clinics in Killeen? I am worried that I may have to take my dog to one later on today.:crying He isn't eating and he is spending most of his time laying around. :(

Night Owl
April 17th, 2011, 1:00 AM
The one just South of 190 on WS Young is ok. Just be ready to spend some cash.

xzochye
April 17th, 2011, 11:15 AM
OK, I spoke to an on call vet in Belton and my doggy should be okay until I can take him in to see Dr. Buckley tomorrow. Does anyone know if his clinic does walk ins? It doesn't say on his webpage.

Black Jack
April 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
If that clinic doesn't, Belton Small Animal Clinic in Belton does. They are great too.

xzochye
April 17th, 2011, 12:09 PM
If that clinic doesn't, Belton Small Animal Clinic in Belton does. They are great too.

I think that is the one I spoke with this morning. The vet I spoke to was very nice. I am still in mild panic mode right now and I keep toying with the idea of taking him into an emergency clinic anyways.

corgifan
April 17th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Too late to help you out now, but Aztec has walk in hours on Saturday mornings (as well as Monday through Friday.) Dr. Murray is excellent, gives sound advice, won't overtreat your pet, and has reasonable rates. Fun to talk to, also!

Night Owl
April 17th, 2011, 2:35 PM
That was not my experience at Aztec. That is why I no longer use them.

siamcat
April 17th, 2011, 4:13 PM
OK, I spoke to an on call vet in Belton and my doggy should be okay until I can take him in to see Dr. Buckley tomorrow. Does anyone know if his clinic does walk ins? It doesn't say on his webpage.

From what I've seen and heard about him, I'm sure if you call first thing in the morning they will get you in.

corgifan
April 17th, 2011, 4:16 PM
I concur. A good vet will always make room for an emergency.

xzochye
April 17th, 2011, 4:51 PM
I hope so. I plan on just showing up at their door at 9 am to try and get in. So far he is the same. Just laying around doing nothing. I have been trying to get some gatorade in him with a syringe but boy does he hate that! He did get up and get a drink of water on his own earlier so that is an improvement.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
April 17th, 2011, 5:21 PM
We will see you promptly in the morning - get there at 8:30am if you can - you can call me at 254-289-4464 right now if you would like to discuss the situation

Iteachtoo
April 17th, 2011, 6:43 PM
That was not my experience at Aztec. That is why I no longer use them.

Mine either!

xzochye
April 17th, 2011, 9:15 PM
Dr. Buckley, Thank you for putting my mind at ease a little bit. We will see you first thing in the morning!

xzochye
April 20th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Just want to thank everyone at Killeen Veterinary Clinic for taking such great care of Willie! I am happy to say that he actually greeted me at the door tonight and watched me do the dishes. He isn't perfect yet and throwing up a bit but he is much better than he was.

Looks like we are all fixing to become close friends...lol.